Thread of women commenting negatively on baldness

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I know this beautiful woman. I feel a connection with her and she seems at least a little interested. I don't fall easily but with this one I could see it happening. However, as soon as I am away from her, I feel so disgusted with who I am and feel so ridiculous at the thought that this woman would want anything to do with me, and rightly so, if she saw me without concealers. Just thinking of her reaction if she saw me without concealers makes me want to puke. Of course there is no reason to worry because she could do a million times better than me and I would never want to feel the shame and embarrassment of her knowing what I really look like so would never try to get close to her. If nothing else, I wouldn;t want her stuck with me. She deserves and can get someone a lot better.
Our hang ups can certainly get the best of us. I would be surprised if we didn't all share some feeling of inadequacy at one time or another. Looking back on it I've dated women that to this day I have no idea why I would have given a second take and to your point I have been with women who honestly could have found a better match than me. Some relationships are fun and most never lasted. If she is worth your while she will accept all of you. We can continue to carry the illusion and hope we aren't found out or we can brave the backlash by being honest with the partner that we respect.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

maher

Banned
Reaction score
I think i agree. I'm asking because it came to my attention that there are some prejudices about gingers.

"I'm a proud ginger and I've been abused, insulted and even, as a child, assaulted and bullied for it. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but I'm pretty sure I have never been denied a job or the lease on a flat because of my complexion.."

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jan/15/gingerism-prejudice-bullying

..anyway.. I'm pretty sure some ginger woul tell you all to piss off! the same line you deliver to NW1 guy when he tells you "why dont you just shave it" :D

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Also ginger is alleged to be an anti inflammatory, so yes dear bartender, I'll have a triple shot of that.:beer::beer::beer:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It would appear that our new Dannyboy replacement (coconut) has built himself a belief system based off of various misinformation/misleading statistics like bald guys are more sexually potent/evolution etc. in an attempt to create a positive belief system for him to cope. I'm always amused by those who refuse to see that male pattern baldness is perceived as a negative physical trait in our society.

lostlife

Reaction score
I could care less about a women's hair and would tell them I like bald women better too like their stupid comments but I care more then anything for my hair > Women need to understand that if they are so empowered now a days . I am so glad they will be on the front lines now

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
More to the point that Uncomfortable Man made; the compelling number of hair loss sufferers of diverse demographical backgrounds on this forum alone should close the book on the question, "is baldness perceived as a negative trait in global society?". It was and remains a real social problem resulting in real adverse emotional and mental consequences. Wouldn't it be nicer if it were only in our pretty little heads?

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hell, Deadman1, just go for it. You might be suprised at the result.

No way. The worst that could happen is extreme shame and embarrassment. The best that could happen is she is into me but I wouldn't want her to waste time with me when she could do a million times better. I like her enough that I wouldn't do that to her. Plus I would always be wondering when she is going to leave cause she came across someone better, since anyone with hair is better.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
No way. The worst that could happen is extreme shame and embarrassment. The best that could happen is she is into me but I wouldn't want her to waste time with me when she could do a million times better. I like her enough that I wouldn't do that to her. Plus I would always be wondering when she is going to leave cause she came across someone better, since anyone with hair is better.
Best expression I ever read online
"Women are like floor tile..... lay them right the first time and you can walk all over them the rest of your life"

Just keep telling yourself that.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said, there are more women than men, bald men under 40 are a huge minority (is that what you menant to say?) so even the ones who don't like us will have to settle for a bald man. And yes, like being ginger, there has got to be an evolutionary advantage to it. As long as you don't have metabolic syndrome (which unfortunately 50% of the population do nowadays) baldness = high DHT which means strong erections, potent sperm, higher muscle and clearer thinking. 70% of men have DHT sensitive hair and go bald, we are being affected first because we have high DHT.

I love your use of the word settle. That basically says a woman will HAVE to choose you no matter how awful you are and like it. And WE ALL know how nice a pissy woman can be to her husband, I mean until a better looking guy comes along. She will settle for you until something nicer is there and then BAM divorce land and you are a sad, lonely, divorced man using all his income to pay child support for kids.

C'mon there is NO evolutionary advantage. There are just women who yes settle for less desirable men. NOW these women are also not usually the most attractive, nicest, sexiest and most fun women you will meet but hey if that's your digs then go for it.

I people watch, A LOT. I will say the majority of men bald (or unattractive for ANY reason) "usually" have even LESS attractive women than themselves.... usually.

I did see a bald guy recently with a hot blonde but they were DEF from a european country and not the US here because of their language. Also I will say she was definitely checking me out as my hair was WAY better off than his, and he was DEF not liking it. SO if she was willing to oggle me then whats that say
1) about their relationship and how she views him until something better comes along
2) what would that say if she was dating me and someone with a sweeter head of hair came along.
Not to say she also wasn't looking at other factors, such as body type and face, everything is up for assumption.... and WE ALL KNOW what assuming does..... rigggggggggghhhhhhhhht?

If coco think there is a genetic benefit to balding let him, I can't argue it, its his piece of mind, al be it a very fragile one it seems. Yet also think coco..... perhaps men with the full head of hair are the evolutionary step. I will say in the past couple of generations balding has become a VERY ugly thing with the rise of celebrity status, social media, womens equality, and pop culture. Those who are bald are less physically desirable and usually try to hide it as such. Why would evolution create something "less" desirable to opposite sex? I would say this is why many guys with hairloss also try to land and knock up chicks young when its not as noticeable.
Again a bald man HAS NO MORE testosterone or DHT in his system than a guy with hair. Our hair is just systematically more sensitive to what we have.

Its like saying THIS guy

Thin-man-69917030257.jpeg

has more DHT than THIS guy

8431363.jpg

but perhaps he has less than THIS GUY

OKAY I will just say Bruce willis or Jason S because I CAN NOT for the life of me find an image of a good looking naturally bald guy. They are all pics of buff norwood 1's with shaved heads.... so yeah I would say our generations are severly numbered.

I ask why ANYONE would decide to breed when they know they have severe hairloss? Its disgusting how selfish people can be that they would willingly pass that down.

GOT ONE!

article-2443678-1883E39D00000578-985_634x659.jpg

Reaction score
I'm not saying bald isn't seen as bad, I'm not saying it's a good thing, I want my hair back just as much as any of you. I'm just saying it's nowhere near as bad as you are all saying. It's no worse than being short, ginger, poor, acne scarred, low social status or any of these other factors that make us attractive or unattractive to women. It isn't a death sentence, it's just one factor.

As I said, there are more women than men, bald men under 40 are a huge minority so even the ones who don't like us will have to settle for a bald man. And yes, like being ginger, there has got to be an evolutionary advantage to it. As long as you don't have metabolic syndrome (which unfortunately 50% of the population do nowadays) baldness = high DHT which means strong erections, potent sperm, higher muscle and clearer thinking. 70% of men have DHT sensitive hair and go bald, we are being affected first because we have high DHT.

Hair maybe only one factor that decides how attractive a man is but it is a major factor.
I class hair as being a requirement to be attractive, but something that won't make you attractive per se. You need hair to frame your face. The instances of men who are attractive bald are so rare that they are not worth thinking of. Hell I can say the names of every "hot bald man" example that I know will be used-- they are so familiar for the reason the same, rare examples are used over and over again.

As to the bald men have higher DHT levels :

1) just so you know, DHT doesn't play a major role in the development of male characteristics after puberty, hence why men can take drugs like Dutasteride which inhibits nearly all DHT the vody produces yet remain healthy.

2) balding is seen as a negative trait, negative traits are correlated. Overall, from what I can tell, balding men (especially the young ones) tend to have many other aesthetic and medical problems too. The balding is just a sign of other , more dangerous flaws in a man's DNA. Women don't like balding for a reason and it's not just because society makes it so.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That guy is not good looking, just big. Anabolics may have taken his hair (or helped it along).

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, first of all that guy looks like his skin is very loose and he has lost a huge amount of weight so he probably had metabolic syndrome which boosts scalp DHT and speeds up hair loss. Secondly that second picture is of a young guy and there is a 70% chance he will go bald eventually and has DHT sensitive hair and in fact his hair is thinning. Thirdly, to suggest that hair is a bigger factor rather than an equal factor to being short, ginger, poor, acne scarred, low social status or any of these other factors that make us attractive or unattractive to women is actually delusional.

Ultimately we all have to settle. 50% of the population is obese, not many of us look like Brad Pitt and not many women look like Angelina Jolie. Once again, do you think when hairloss is cured you'll be picking up a different Victorias Secret model every week like Leonardo DiCaprio? Having hair is just a +1 to your attractiveness, like being tall, rich, powerful, popular and so on. Until there is a cure the productive thing is to compensate in other areas so our bad points are outweighed. If a woman is flatchested it isn't a death sentence, it isn't the only thing we look for, even though it is a big factor, baldness has to be the same.

Clearly baldness plus muscle indicates high DHT, baldness and an absence of muscle coupled with obesity indicates metabolic syndrome and bad genetics. It doesn't make sense that our hair would be more sensitive to DHT, the mechanism is the same for everyone and 70% of us have DHT sensitive hair. Clearly we have high DHT.

First I never said being bald was worse than short. I know there are plenty of defects worse than bald such as actual diseases you can be born with.
Secondly the guy in the first pic is not that old trust me. He looks older cause of his hair.
Third yes that second guy may lose some hair but his level will probably be more along my brothers hair line were I will end up like the first guy.
I do not compensate. I work out to look good... Will now maybe decent if you're not looking at my face.
Third there has been test after test that show bald men have no higher testosterone than noon bald, why do you keep ignoring this.
Testosterone leads to dht..... So why would we have more dht?
And if we did that would mean ultimately we had less testosterone!!! Which would be awful!
You also do know that high dht is linked to agression Cancers mental problems and many other factors as well do you?

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/s...le-well-thatched-contemporaries/#.UyHsVDHD-ax

https://theconversation.com/health-check-are-bald-men-more-virile-21089

Here you are, not only the same verility but actually less sexual partners.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
My point is that no one is flawless and different people are sticklers for different things. There are women who wouldn't accept Brad Pitt if he was poor, others if he was ginger, others if he was short, others if he was unpopular, and so on. Baldness is just one thing and if you are rejected by a woman who hates bald men above any other trait just find a different one. Same as you hear other men saying they would reject Keira Knightley because she has no tits or ***. That's just the way it is. None of us is perfect. All having our hair back would do is widen the pool of women, not turn us into Leonardo DiCaprio.

I think we should bodybuild to compensate, and get rich, and be popular and so on. They are just as important for getting women as hair.

The studies that show we don't have higher DHT are being offset by obese people. 50% of the population is obese and metabolic syndrome causes baldness purely through high DHT in the scalp as opposed to systemic DHT, we non obese bald guys have obviously got completely different hormonic profiles to obese people and this is throwing these studies off.

DHT might lead to those other things but I don't really care, do you? Everything seems to be linked to cancer nowadays.

Oh hell get rich!!!?? Why didn't I think of that? Cause hell I have not been TRYING to get rich anyway... Get rich? You're a GENIUS!

I already work out and trust me at the gym there are more buff guys with hair than not so I would say my odds are not even good there but hey... Get rich you say? Well my problems are solved! I'll start tomorrow.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
:) Here's a question for you, if you got your hair back tomorrow, how different would your life be? Would you do anything differently or do you just think you'd be treated differently?

I would feel better about myself personally and be back to my old confident self knowing I won't look like my pops and know my brother is the one with a good head of hair.
Also yes I can say from experience women would treat me differently. But again it's for me more than anyone

Reaction score
Simple solution :) Although judging by Bernie Ecclestone and Donald Trump it doesn't fix everything.

Well here's hoping we don't have to endure this much longer.

There is NO hair loss wonder drug in the pipeline that I know. It takes years to get a new drug into production. It will be at LEAST 5 years before we have a cure for hair loss, even then there's still cost barriers to think of, not many men can afford to waste 50,000 USD to fix their hair.

Don't worry, it's almost certain that we will all spend the rest of our youth suffering this disease. By the time an eventual cure arrives, balding will be the least of our worries. We'll be old men.