The Ordinary Multi-peptide Serum For Hair Density

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair still filling in. Some are even growing stupid long and fast that my hairdresser cant keep up with. Last picture is today.

Stone the crows! These are amazing results over 4 months and just with 2 topicals on amazon! Thanks for sharing firstly.

How important do you think Mediceuticals Numinox Revitalizer is?

I'm using finasteride and duta in topical - i would initially assume my topical would more impactful (depending on dose) but i do see you using something to counter estrogen effects - did you initially have these effects from Numinox or similar? How important do you feel Numinox is getting these results? Thanks

E-nC

My Regimen
Reaction score
Used it for three days now and my hair definitely feels smoother, but I guess that is to expected from most hair serums. My hair do feel thicker, a bit in the same way my thickening tonics do. Not sure if it's placebo to use both if the Multi-peptide serum have the same thickening effect, not sure yet so we'll see what I'll do down the line. I can add that unlike other hair oils/serums, it doesn't go messy and soggy. While you feel it's there after an hour, other hair oils are overnight treatment for me that I even have to wash out in the morning because it makes my hair way too oily even at the slightest amount.

What's your thickening tonics & will it work with minoxidil grown hairs?

valy

Reaction score
I can confirm that The ordinary multipeptide is working.I'm using for about 6 weeks and I have lots of vellus hairs on my temples.Also,I'm dermarolling once every 2 weeks(1.5mm) and a light one every 2 days with scalp massages.For the last 7 years,the only things that worked was hydrocortisone,dermarolling and now,even better,massages with the Ordinary multipeptide

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can confirm that The ordinary multipeptide is working.I'm using for about 6 weeks and I have lots of vellus hairs on my temples.Also,I'm dermarolling once every 2 weeks(1.5mm) and a light one every 2 days with scalp massages.For the last 7 years,the only things that worked was hydrocortisone,dermarolling and now,even better,massages with the Ordinary multipeptide
Pics?

EP93

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't tried this stuff yet but I have a general question for more experienced people. Is there anyway to know if an increase in shedding is a result of a new treatment (new growth pushing out weaker hairs) as opposed to your hair loss worsening? Maybe by the type or appearance of strands that shed?

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't tried this stuff yet but I have a general question for more experienced people. Is there anyway to know if an increase in shedding is a result of a new treatment (new growth pushing out weaker hairs) as opposed to your hair loss worsening? Maybe by the type or appearance of strands that shed?

I can only talk from my experience with minoxidil, I had a big shedding that started about 10 days after starting to apply it and lasted for about 2 weeks. Hairs were mostly of the "smaller" type, but that's also what happens when you're balding right?
They do have a LAA powder and some 8% mix with 2% arbutin. All other LAA's are in a suspension and LAA is only water soluble. Any other carrier is ineffective. The powder is good, if you know how to make your own vitamin C serum (with adding glycerin, tocoferol, ferulic acid, etc).
Vitamin C works best when its concentration is around 15-20%. Any lower will merely have photo-protective effects, any higher wil just result in irritation and possibly formation of free radicals which has the opposite effect.
Vitamin C only works on skin, sprinkling it on your hair will at best dry it out a bit and have a bleaching effect.

Tretinoin is not a brand or anything, it simply is the name of the vitamin A acid. Personally I don't have any experience with using tretinoin as I'm still in my early 20s and never had acne. I know several people who have used it for either acne or wrinkles, and most seem to be happy with the results.
My mother in law uses Retin-A (and yes, this is a brand name) and it seems to not be too drying and greasy. But this can only be prescribed by a dermatologist, you won't find it being sold freely (unless you buy it an online pharmacy).

Well, once wrinkles or other signs of aged skin are set its hard to revert it. Preventing is the best, and nothing works better than daily use of at least SPF30 sunscreen. Stress and diet (and probably many others) have their contribution as well, but is minor compared to the damage of uv.
The things that work best (not only for wrinkles, sunspots, acne or rosacea) are always on prescription, such (20%) azelaic acid for rosacea and pigmentation, hydroquinon for pigmentation and tretinoin for acne and aged skin.
There are a few things that can really make your skin look better with consistent use, such a vitamin C, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, low % azelaic acid. But their results are by no means very thrilling. If I would have to pick my favorite TO product, it would be the 10% niacinamide + 1% zinc serum. Very cheap, 30ml bottle lasts forever and really gives results.
It fades pigmentation somewhat, controls sebum production and is very hydrating. With wrinkles you want to keep your skin as moisturized as possible.

As I said, it's trial and error and the possibilities are almost endless. You just gotta find that sweet spot what works for you. And if nothing works, there are still (very pricy) laser treatments such as (CO2) fraxel lasers, etc or real surgical options.

Thank you for your detailed answer!

I am going to try the Lactic acid 10% + HA 2%, the HA 2% + B5, the azelaic acid 10%, and also the niacinamide 10% + zinc 1%. As you say it's trial and error and all them are stupid cheap. Let's see!

As for the vit-A, I understand now what tretinoin is, but allegedly TO has gotten something very similar with the granactive retinoid, though who knows if that claim is real. At least I know that the granactive retinoid 5% was making my skin look great (had ordered 3 bottles so far), now they don't have it available and I'm running out of it so will try some of this new stuff.

Also, I had no idea that I should have added more stuff to my vit C solution, will investigate more on that, thanks again!

edit: also, any thoughts on the buffet+1 copper%? I purchased the deciem copper peptides version and I could feel some improvement on my skin when I put a good amount of it on it, but it's really expensive so not sure if I will purchase it again.

_Ayae

My Regimen
Reaction score
As for the vit-A, I understand now what tretinoin is, but allegedly TO has gotten something very similar with the granactive retinoid, though who knows if that claim is real. At least I know that the granactive retinoid 5% was making my skin look great (had ordered 3 bottles so far), now they don't have it available and I'm running out of it so will try some of this new stuff.

Granactive retinoid is a mixture of primarily hydroxypinacolone retinoate and retinol. Retinol has proven to work, but it isn't very efficient as it needs to be converted twice before it works (see attachment). HPR isn't a typical retinoid as it doesn't need to be converted, yet is extremely gentle. The little research that has been done shows it isn't very effective at all, not even compared to retinol (which in itself isn't very effective too) .
Also, all forms of vitamin A are very unstable and cannot stand air and light. So even if it works, I'd never go for something in an amber glass like the TO one. Always go for an air-sealed pump bottle.

You should discuss it with your dermatologist. If your focus really is treating existing fine lines and wrinkles, tretinoin is the way to go. It's very harsh on skin, but if you start slow with a low percentage and work your way up, you'll do fine. If your focus is smart-aging and you only have minor fine lines, I'd go for retinal (not retinol). It's much gentler on skin compared to tretinoin, is kinda stable and has to be converted only once (instead of twice like retinol). It's a rather new form, but the little research has shown it's very effective to an extent it can compete with tretinoin for the first signs of aging skin. Only a handful of brands have a retinal serum though, sadly.
Avène and Geek & Gorgeous have one that I know of.

edit: also, any thoughts on the buffet+1 copper%? I purchased the deciem copper peptides version and I could feel some improvement on my skin when I put a good amount of it on it, but it's really expensive so not sure if I will purchase it again.

Peptides are among the unicorns of skincare. There's no solid proof they work. Plus 'normal' peptides have the potential to degrade in water-based formulas (and yet it's the only formula in which they work), and it's unsure they even can penetrate the skin or just break down by the enzymes naturally present in your skin. That's why mostly synthetic peptides are being used. I use a serum that contains peptides among other ingredients, and it helps moisturizing my skin. But hard to tell if it's the peptides that do anything.

Attachments

• 643316.png
    643316.png
    465 KB · Views: 407

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, all forms of vitamin A are very unstable and cannot stand air and light. So even if it works, I'd never go for something in an amber glass like the TO one. Always go for an air-sealed pump bottle.

Tretionoin always comes in just regular tubes though? Seems unlikely that such a problem wouldn't be handled for prescription medicine if exposure to air is really such an issue.

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i used for 4 months now. No improvement in denisty but my itch is still gone.

Same here! Very good for scalp itch, in my case it was a actual scalp condition that nothing ever worked on. Been using for well over 1 year now, however zero new growth or shedding reduction. I now just use it to keep my scalp condition manageable

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Granactive retinoid is a mixture of primarily hydroxypinacolone retinoate and retinol. Retinol has proven to work, but it isn't very efficient as it needs to be converted twice before it works (see attachment). HPR isn't a typical retinoid as it doesn't need to be converted, yet is extremely gentle. The little research that has been done shows it isn't very effective at all, not even compared to retinol (which in itself isn't very effective too) .

You should discuss it with your dermatologist. If your focus really is treating existing fine lines and wrinkles, tretinoin is the way to go. It's very harsh on skin, but if you start slow with a low percentage and work your way up, you'll do fine. If your focus is smart-aging and you only have minor fine lines, I'd go for retinal (not retinol). It's much gentler on skin compared to tretinoin, is kinda stable and has to be converted only once (instead of twice like retinol). It's a rather new form, but the little research has shown it's very effective to an extent it can compete with tretinoin for the first signs of aging skin. Only a handful of brands have a retinal serum though, sadly.
Avène and Geek & Gorgeous have one that I know of.

Peptides are among the unicorns of skincare. There's no solid proof they work. Plus 'normal' peptides have the potential to degrade in water-based formulas (and yet it's the only formula in which they work), and it's unsure they even can penetrate the skin or just break down by the enzymes naturally present in your skin. That's why mostly synthetic peptides are being used. I use a serum that contains peptides among other ingredients, and it helps moisturizing my skin. But hard to tell if it's the peptides that do anything.

Thank you so much for your answer!

I have been investigating about your claims and you seem to be right on spot on all I have researched. I am having doubts if trying to find retinoic acid or for now go for the retinal, think I will go for some tretinoin 0.025% or 0.05% which seem to be the low-medium concentrations and apply carefully, will try to try my luck (no prescription) at some local pharmacy, and if not will order online, I guess Retin-A seems a good choice. Thanks a lot!

_Ayae

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tretionoin always comes in just regular tubes though? Seems unlikely that such a problem wouldn't be handled for prescription medicine if exposure to air is really such an issue.

Tretinoin is the least unstable vitamin A form though. Its derivatives are much less stable, especially the ones that have to be converted multiple times (pretty much all except for retinal). A regular tube is actually quite good in protecting it from air and light (as opposed to those amber jars). An air sealed pump bottle is the best, but that's only somewhat possible for fluid/water-ish like formulas, and tretinoin always comes as a thick cream.
But all in all, tretinoin in a tube still has a fairly short shelf life of max. a few months - 6 months. But as most tubes only contain 30g you'll run out of product way sooner than that(unless you use it only like once every week or so).

In fact, everything will degrade over time due to air, light and/or temperature. Some ingredients are super unstable (like retinol, green tea, ascorbic acid aka vitamin C), while others like niacinamide, glycolic and salicylic acid, licorice root, etc are very stable but not longer than a year.

Thank you so much for your answer!

I have been investigating about your claims and you seem to be right on spot on all I have researched. I am having doubts if trying to find retinoic acid or for now go for the retinal, think I will go for some tretinoin 0.025% or 0.05% which seem to be the low-medium concentrations and apply carefully, will try to try my luck (no prescription) at some local pharmacy, and if not will order online, I guess Retin-A seems a good choice. Thanks a lot!

Yeah, as I said it totally depends on the condition of your skin now. Tretinoin is by far the best topical for aged skin (with fine lines, wrinkles and uneven texture. Less for hyperpigmentation tho). It's sole and biggest side effect is that it's extremely rough for skin. So expect a lot of flaking, redness and peeling if you don't start very slow with the lowest % (such as .025 or .05%). It's also one of the best things to get rid of severe acne.
If you're still in your early twenties (like me), have very sensitive skin or don't have any wrinkling or acne at all, go for retinal instead. Retinal (or retinol if packed properly) + consistent use of sunscreen + exfoliating regurarly + cleansing and moisturizing daily is the best anti-aging method and postpone an aged face.

hahahamyhairisdead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
>The Ordinary Multi-peptide Serum For Hair Density
How many % of Redensyl, Procapil and Capixyl are there? 3, 3, 2?

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, as I said it totally depends on the condition of your skin now. Tretinoin is by far the best topical for aged skin (with fine lines, wrinkles and uneven texture. Less for hyperpigmentation tho). It's sole and biggest side effect is that it's extremely rough for skin. So expect a lot of flaking, redness and peeling if you don't start very slow with the lowest % (such as .025 or .05%). It's also one of the best things to get rid of severe acne.
If you're still in your early twenties (like me), have very sensitive skin or don't have any wrinkling or acne at all, go for retinal instead. Retinal (or retinol if packed properly) + consistent use of sunscreen + exfoliating regurarly + cleansing and moisturizing daily is the best anti-aging method and postpone an aged face.

What would you recommend for hyperpigmentation? I somehow got some brown spots on my face about a month ago despite being diligent with SPF 50

_Ayae

My Regimen
Reaction score
What would you recommend for hyperpigmentation? I somehow got some brown spots on my face about a month ago despite being diligent with SPF 50

If you're really diligent with sunscreen I doubt it could be a sun spot. Did you get acne or any wounding in that place recently? If yes, it could be post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It could be melasma too (it's common in women, but rare in men tho).

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score

I deeply appreciate all your messages. Sadly I'm 35 already, and have some wrinkles in my forehead, they're rather small, but they are noticeable even when on a relaxed expression. Also have some signs of aging under the eyes. Bought the Fractionated Eye Contour concentrate from NIOD but it didn't help much. It was expensive. I think it's more like there is lack of skin or fat under my eyes, so it looks like they have dark circles but actually it's like a lack of skin.

Anyway, will go for tretinoin! I wil buy the 0.025 or 0.05 and apply carefully. I used granactive retinoid 5% and it used to be a little harsh on the chicks, so I know that I gotta be careful.

I will follow the rest of your advice.See...
I have a cleanser though I'm not using regularly, prob should use at least once a day
Bought the mild version of the TO exfoliator you recommended in this topic, only used one it's very new.
And sunscreen I don't use much, maybe there is some of TO product that also protects from UV so you have 2 in 1? Apply it only when you're going to be directly exposed to the sun, right?

So mostly going for moisturizing and microneedling for now. Will add all the rest. And besides that, I go for microneedling about 3 times a month, about 1.5mm.

Thanks a lot!