The Ordinary Multi-peptide Serum For Hair Density

_Ayae

My Regimen
Reaction score
I deeply appreciate all your messages. Sadly I'm 35 already, and have some wrinkles in my forehead, they're rather small, but they are noticeable even when on a relaxed expression. Also have some signs of aging under the eyes. Bought the Fractionated Eye Contour concentrate from NIOD but it didn't help much. It was expensive. I think it's more like there is lack of skin or fat under my eyes, so it looks like they have dark circles but actually it's like a lack of skin.

Anyway, will go for tretinoin! I wil buy the 0.025 or 0.05 and apply carefully. I used granactive retinoid 5% and it used to be a little harsh on the chicks, so I know that I gotta be careful.

Yeah, eventually time will take its toll. Next to a lot of unprotected sun exposure, being very expressive with your face :) , not sleeping on your back, stress, having a bad diet, not sleeping enough, etc. Can you evade all of that and still be happy? Nope.
Just live a healthy, happy life (going out/partying with lots of alcohol and 'unhealthy' food can definately be part of a happy life if done in moderation), use sunscreen (forgetting it once is not bad, most people rarely ever use sunscreen on a daily basis) and just take good care of your skin. With this you'll reduce the rate at which your skin ages by a lot.

Fine lines on the forehead are the signs of aging that pop up quite early. Most of us frown a lot and/or sleep on their belly, and over time those lines become deeper and more permanent. Dry skin often aggrevates this. Plump and hydrated skin bounces back easier, reducing the outspokenness of those lines.
The skin under the eyes is delicate and very thin, and eye creams imo are mostly gimmick. Topical caffeine is the only thing that seems to fight the typical bags and dark circles a bit. Sleep well and cut down sugar intake and you should see some improvement regardless.

Ask your dermatologist for a tretinoin prescription, don't buy it at an online pharmacy (if you were intending to). The last thing you want is having expired tretinoin or with bad carriers like alcohol. Start with once a week, if that goes well increase to twice a week, etc. Always use it in the PM and moisturize a lot.

I will follow the rest of your advice.See...
I have a cleanser though I'm not using regularly, prob should use at least once a day
Bought the mild version of the TO exfoliator you recommended in this topic, only used one it's very new.
And sunscreen I don't use much, maybe there is some of TO product that also protects from UV so you have 2 in 1? Apply it only when you're going to be directly exposed to the sun, right?

Every skincare regime starts with cleansing. You can't moisturize or use any other product if you don't wash pollution, sunscreen, sweat, etc off your face first. If you don't cleanse once or twice a day, don't bother using anything else either. Which cleanser you should use depends if you have dry/sensitive or combination/oily skin. Very cheap yet good cleansers are the ones of CeraVe. They have a foaming cleanser (for combination or oily skin) and a hydrating one for sensitive or dry skin. I use the hydrating one (the foaming is way too drying for me) after an oil cleanser (I use a lot of sunscreen, and normal non-oil cleansers are not that good in removing all traces of sunscreen).

Exfoliating is very good (especially after 30, as skin cell renewal already slows down rapidly), but if you're using tretinoin I would be hesitant to use it at the same time as it could aggravate the drying effect of tret. YMMV, just look at how your skin reacts.

Sunscreen is even more important if you're using tretinoin (and/or exfoliators). Without sunscreen you could make things worse.
I know many people think sunscreen is a b**ch as it's greasy and leaves a white cast. Good (face) sunscreens are very rare indeed, but there are some.
I've been using the Purito centella green level unscented sun (its a south korean brand) for a few months and it's by far the best sunscreen I've ever used. It's quite moisturizing, calms down the skin (cuz of the centella asiatica extract), doesn't feel greasy (it does leave a dewy finish though, some may hate it), leaves no white-cast, has no fragrance, has SPF50+ and a PA++++/PPD20-22 protection (aka pretty much the highest protection you can find), uses newer and perfectly safe chemical sunscreen filters, and is quite moderately priced (18€ for 60ml).
There are many good others out there, but all of them are either European or Asian. American sunscreens suck a lot and I wouldn't recommend a single one of them (at least not for daily use on the face).

And oh, why you should use sunscreen:
UV (ultraviolet) light is present every day of the year, winter and summer. There are 3 types of UV light; UVA, UVB and UVC.
UVC is the most dangerous, but has the shortest wavelength (<280 nanometer) and for that reason it can't penetrate the atmosphere/ozon layer.
UVB has a longer wavelength (280-320 nm) and is the type that actually burns your skin. The SPF you read on sunscreens only protects against UVB.
UVA has the longest wavelength (320-400 nm) and is the one responsible for aging your skin. It won't burn or redden your skin, but it'll do the most damage over the years (as it can reach the deeper levels of skin). It can also penetrate glass, while UVB cannot. Look for the the PA (protection from UVA) and PPD (persistent pigment darkening) scores of sunscreens.

So a proper sunscreen should ideally have filters that protect you from all UV light between 280-400nm (UVB and UVA), also called broad spectrum sunscreen.

So mostly going for moisturizing and microneedling for now. Will add all the rest. And besides that, I go for microneedling about 3 times a month, about 1.5mm.

Microneedling can be effective, but anything beyond 0.5mm I wouldn't recommend on your face (especially not by a professional).

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're really diligent with sunscreen I doubt it could be a sun spot. Did you get acne or any wounding in that place recently? If yes, it could be post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It could be melasma too (it's common in women, but rare in men tho).

No acne or wounding. Now I have played a lot of outdoor basketball and the significant amount of sweating could have compromised the sunscreens I have used. But this isn't exactly my first year of outdoor basketball so I'm perplexed to why these spots have shown up.

Been trying to go at it with a cream containing 12 % azelaic acid but it hasn't helped as much as I'd hoped. Already been using glycolic acid for a long time and adding retinal now.

_Ayae

My Regimen
Reaction score
No acne or wounding. Now I have played a lot of outdoor basketball and the significant amount of sweating could have compromised the sunscreens I have used. But this isn't exactly my first year of outdoor basketball so I'm perplexed to why these spots have shown up.

Been trying to go at it with a cream containing 12 % azelaic acid but it hasn't helped as much as I'd hoped. Already been using glycolic acid for a long time and adding retinal now.

Could be, as no sunscreen is 100% sweat or waterproof (no matter what the brands claim).
Even though sunspots are somewhat the least stubborn sort of hyperpigmentation, pigmentation in general reacts very slowly and vaguely to topicals.
Only hydroquinone is very efficient (should work within 8 weeks), but is prescription only. All others (like niacinamide, arbutin, azelaic acid, vitamin C, glycolic acid peelings and retinoids) are just nice for brightening, but 'real' pigmentation problems won't respond very well to either of these.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally cannot speak about the efficacy of this product but I've found this comparative study claiming RCP (Redensyl, Capixyl and Procapil - the ingredients in this serum) showed better results than Minoxidil at 5% and and here is there conclusion:

"The comparison between RCP and minoxidil groups revealed that patients treated with RCP had a significantly higher researcher score (minoxidil group 25.5% vs. RCP group 64.7%), higher global photographic evaluation score (minoxidil: 60% vs. RCP: 88.9%), and higher self-evaluation score."

Comparative study between Minoxidil and RCP (Redensyl, Capixyl and Procapil): https://www.hilarispublisher.com/op...d-procapil-combination-in-men-with-androg.pdf

Last edited:

rcom440

Reaction score
I’ve been using this product for almost a year now and unfortunately I don’t think it’s doing anything. I’m applying it twice a day.
I will continue to use it for a few more months because it’s so inexpensive.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been using this product for almost a year now and unfortunately I don’t think it’s doing anything. I’m applying it twice a day.
I will continue to use it for a few more months because it’s so inexpensive.

Maybe The ordinarys hair peptide serum doesn't contain enough RCP?
As far as I can see they don't state how much they use?

rcom440

Reaction score
I can tell I get regrow from minoxidil + microneedling and not from this serum - I’m applying it in different spot of the scalp.
I’m using minoxidil only on sides of the hairline.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can tell I get regrow from minoxidil + microneedling and not from this serum - I’m applying it in different spot of the scalp.
I’m using minoxidil only on sides of the hairline.

Eugh that's a shame and I wish I could microneedle with minoxidil but I don't respond to minoxidil...

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this help maintain

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
These might work slightly for people who don't use minoxidil. I buy retin-a offshore and no problems. I think it is $30 tube which might be high but people can try adaptagel.

Last edited:

Desolation

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this serum has somewhat accelerated my hair loss. I used it for 3 months (every other day) with no results. my scalp feels less itchier but thats about it. Whats interesting is that i believe this serum causes your prolactin levels to rise, before starting with it i did a full hormonal blood test that includes DHT, Testosterone, E2, progesterone and prolactin.

Then retested again 2 more times in late July and early Sep (no dht). My prolactin level was off the roof, it was at least twice the upper normal range!!

The serum includes multiple actives that mimic estrogen and block dht. I believe what is causing the rise in prolactin is the active ingredient in "capixyl" which is red clover extract. Red clover is known to cause a rise in prolactin.

there was a lawsuit back in 2018 against Monat products by customers complaining about hair loss...

https://www.turnto23.com/news/natio...suits-pile-up-against-hair-care-company-monat

One controversial ingredient the suit highlights is Capixyl – containing red clover – which some say should be on a warning label.

"Yes, there should be a warning label, but only if the amount was higher," Grabowski said.

The University of Maryland Medical Center says women with a history of breast cancer should avoid red clover due to its estrogen-like effects in the body. It also says red clover may interfere with the liver's ability to process some drugs.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this serum has somewhat accelerated my hair loss. I used it for 3 months (every other day) with no results. my scalp feels less itchier but thats about it. Whats interesting is that i believe this serum causes your prolactin levels to rise, before starting with it i did a full hormonal blood test that includes DHT, Testosterone, E2, progesterone and prolactin.

Then retested again 2 more times in late July and early Sep (no dht). My prolactin level was off the roof, it was at least twice the upper normal range!!

The serum includes multiple actives that mimic estrogen and block dht. I believe what is causing the rise in prolactin is the active ingredient in "capixyl" which is red clover extract. Red clover is known to cause a rise in prolactin.

there was a lawsuit back in 2018 against Monat products by customers complaining about hair loss...

https://www.turnto23.com/news/natio...suits-pile-up-against-hair-care-company-monat
I am a little confused. Are you on HRT? Or are you trying herbals?

Desolation

My Regimen
Reaction score
No HRT. I was trying to establish a baseline for my hormones before trying topical treatments.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

Ouch. Bayer is actually developing an anti-prolactin drug to combat hair loss so, probably don't wanna have high prolactin. Ditch that sh*t and up the P5P till it comes down...

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i no longer use this product. i think it might add help for better looking hair and thats it. im using something else that seems to work better for me.