The Ordinary Multi-peptide Serum For Hair Density

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is your guys scalp looking? Mine never been as white as it is now after a few months of using this. Density seems about the same though

Scalp is very healthy looking. I do use some sort of massage roller to get rid of the flakes.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Over the years I have seen many non effective products come and go and about 60% of the time when people are getting no hair results they all start talking about how great their scalp feels/looks...

Posted pictures of results. Not sure what you are talking about. Im glad doctorhouse showed this. It helped my density greatly. Not saying this was the only thing. It just sped up my process.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Posted pictures of results. Not sure what you are talking about. Im glad doctorhouse showed this. It helped my density greatly. Not saying this was the only thing. It just sped up my process.

How easy is it to apply? i am useless at applying liquid minoxidil so im thinking i will struggle with this, plus i still have a lot of hair on my crown which is my main problem area which might make it even more of a hassle.

vika

Reaction score
How easy is it to apply? i am useless at applying liquid minoxidil so im thinking i will struggle with this, plus i still have a lot of hair on my crown which is my main problem area which might make it even more of a hassle.

Give it a try. I had the same worry as you, but Im suprised how easy it is to apply to the scalp.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair still filling in. Some are even growing stupid long and fast that my hairdresser cant keep up with. Last picture is today.

Attachments

• inCollage_20191216_220722432.jpg
    inCollage_20191216_220722432.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 1,143
  • 20200412_092333.jpg
    20200412_092333.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,118

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just from the serum? What else are you on? Nice progress.

- This multipeptide serum three times a week.
- Mediceuticals Numinox Revitalizer 4 times a week (it has saw palmetto and more.
-DIM (this counters the estrogen dominance, puffy nipples).

The multipeptide serum sped up the process for my density. Like it created a better enviremont for the other product to finally work.

_Ayae

My Regimen
Reaction score
Which serum is good for skin? Retinoid Squalane or Vit C ?

I assume you're talking about TO ones? I would say neither of these.

That retinoid serum contains retinol, a very weak form of vitamin A. Sure, if u have like minor acne or the early signs of aging skin that may improve it a bit (along other products). But for real aged skin or wrinkles it won't do much. If you really wanna use vitamin A, you might wanna ask your GP or dermatologist for a tretinoin (the most potent vitamin A form) prescription.

Vitamin C serums are very unstable to light and temperature and the only serious form (L-ascorbic acid) is only water soluble and needs to be at the right pH of around 3-3.5. Also it needs to be at least 5% to have any noticeable results. The Ordinary has vit C serums, but they're all either a suspension or a weak derivative that doesn't penetrate skin (not even female skin, let alone men's) well.
I'm a big lover of vitamin C as it really brightens skin and helps protecting you from sun damage. But I either make it myself (isn't that hard if you know what to use and the mix ratios) or get it from companies that make it on request. Certainly don't buy any vit C serums from the big, expensive brands. You pay a lot for something that's already half oxidized and very cheap to make.

TO has great basic products (like the niacinamide and azelaic acid), but these two are defo not.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
- This multipeptide serum three times a week.
- Mediceuticals Numinox Revitalizer 4 times a week (it has saw palmetto and more.
-DIM (this counters the estrogen dominance, puffy nipples).

The multipeptide serum sped up the process for my density. Like it created a better enviremont for the other product to finally work.
No dermarolling?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

That retinoid serum contains retinol, a very weak form of vitamin A. Sure, if u have like minor acne or the early signs of aging skin that may improve it a bit (along other products). But for real aged skin or wrinkles it won't do much. If you really wanna use vitamin A, you might wanna ask your GP or dermatologist for a tretinoin (the most potent vitamin A form) prescription.

Vitamin C serums are very unstable to light and temperature and the only serious form (L-ascorbic acid) is only water soluble and needs to be at the right pH of around 3-3.5. Also it needs to be at least 5% to have any noticeable results. The Ordinary has vit C serums, but they're all either a suspension or a weak derivative that doesn't penetrate skin (not even female skin, let alone men's) well.
I'm a big lover of vitamin C as it really brightens skin and helps protecting you from sun damage. But I either make it myself (isn't that hard if you know what to use and the mix ratios) or get it from companies that make it on request. Certainly don't buy any vit C serums from the big, expensive brands. You pay a lot for something that's already half oxidized and very cheap to make.

TO has great basic products (like the niacinamide and azelaic acid), but these two are defo not.
What about their peeling products?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have found that copper peptides work on my skin better than retin-a did, i use the buffet+1% copper peptides product from the ordinary, i still have really bad wrinkles under my eyes from retin-a use(long story) but the rest of my skin looks great with copper peptides.

_Ayae

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about their peeling products?

Depends what you're after. I've tried all of them and really only found the 10% lactic acid and the 30% AHA + 2% BHA do something and worth it to use regularly.
Lactic acid can be used several times a week, it's not a strong peeling as it won't make blemishes less visible, but it hydrates real well and helps reduce redness. The 30% AHA + 2% BHA is very strong and at the upper limit of what can be sold without prescription. You certainly don't wanna start with that if your skin isn't used to regular peelings/exfoliants.
They also have a 5% lactic acid and 10% mandelic acid but I wouldn't really bother as a man. They're more for women with sensitive skin or rosacea.
The 2% BHA suspension is not worth it either. BHA (=salicylic acid) is by far the best if you have oily skin with lots of impurities, but it's better in a leave-on liquid or gel form. TO does have a liquid form, but I've never used it as they don't sell that one in Europe.
They also have a 7% glycolic acid toner, which may help brightening your skin but it's more hydrating than really exfoliating.

I don't know what you're looking for, but skincare is a lot of trial and error as everyone's skin is different.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have found that copper peptides work on my skin better than retin-a did, i use the buffet+1% copper peptides product from the ordinary, i still have really bad wrinkles under my eyes from retin-a use(long story) but the rest of my skin looks great with copper peptides.
Wrinkles are usually caused by a breakdown in collagen and repetitive movement, ie smiling/frowning

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score

Just for your interest, they do sell L-ascorbic acid at The Ordinary.

I put it in distilled water, put a very high concentration, way more than 5% very likely, and apply the same day both on face and hair. Very cheap.

I also use the granactive retinoid 5% and find it very good for my skin! Not sure where to find the tretinoin, can you recommend one or where to get it? Need a dermatologist?

Any else product from The Ordinary that you recommend for wrinkles/signs of aging?

_Ayae

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just for your interest, they do sell L-ascorbic acid at The Ordinary.

I put it in distilled water, put a very high concentration, way more than 5% very likely, and apply the same day both on face and hair. Very cheap.

I also use the granactive retinoid 5% and find it very good for my skin! Not sure where to find the tretinoin, can you recommend one or where to get it? Need a dermatologist?

Any else product from The Ordinary that you recommend for wrinkles/signs of aging?

They do have a LAA powder and some 8% mix with 2% arbutin. All other LAA's are in a suspension and LAA is only water soluble. Any other carrier is ineffective. The powder is good, if you know how to make your own vitamin C serum (with adding glycerin, tocoferol, ferulic acid, etc).
Vitamin C works best when its concentration is around 15-20%. Any lower will merely have photo-protective effects, any higher wil just result in irritation and possibly formation of free radicals which has the opposite effect.
Vitamin C only works on skin, sprinkling it on your hair will at best dry it out a bit and have a bleaching effect.

Tretinoin is not a brand or anything, it simply is the name of the vitamin A acid. Personally I don't have any experience with using tretinoin as I'm still in my early 20s and never had acne. I know several people who have used it for either acne or wrinkles, and most seem to be happy with the results.
My mother in law uses Retin-A (and yes, this is a brand name) and it seems to not be too drying and greasy. But this can only be prescribed by a dermatologist, you won't find it being sold freely (unless you buy it an online pharmacy).

Well, once wrinkles or other signs of aged skin are set its hard to revert it. Preventing is the best, and nothing works better than daily use of at least SPF30 sunscreen. Stress and diet (and probably many others) have their contribution as well, but is minor compared to the damage of uv.
The things that work best (not only for wrinkles, sunspots, acne or rosacea) are always on prescription, such (20%) azelaic acid for rosacea and pigmentation, hydroquinon for pigmentation and tretinoin for acne and aged skin.
There are a few things that can really make your skin look better with consistent use, such a vitamin C, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, low % azelaic acid. But their results are by no means very thrilling. If I would have to pick my favorite TO product, it would be the 10% niacinamide + 1% zinc serum. Very cheap, 30ml bottle lasts forever and really gives results.
It fades pigmentation somewhat, controls sebum production and is very hydrating. With wrinkles you want to keep your skin as moisturized as possible.

As I said, it's trial and error and the possibilities are almost endless. You just gotta find that sweet spot what works for you. And if nothing works, there are still (very pricy) laser treatments such as (CO2) fraxel lasers, etc or real surgical options.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
They do have a LAA powder and some 8% mix with 2% arbutin. All other LAA's are in a suspension and LAA is only water soluble. Any other carrier is ineffective. The powder is good, if you know how to make your own vitamin C serum (with adding glycerin, tocoferol, ferulic acid, etc).
Vitamin C works best when its concentration is around 15-20%. Any lower will merely have photo-protective effects, any higher wil just result in irritation and possibly formation of free radicals which has the opposite effect.
Vitamin C only works on skin, sprinkling it on your hair will at best dry it out a bit and have a bleaching effect.

Tretinoin is not a brand or anything, it simply is the name of the vitamin A acid. Personally I don't have any experience with using tretinoin as I'm still in my early 20s and never had acne. I know several people who have used it for either acne or wrinkles, and most seem to be happy with the results.
My mother in law uses Retin-A (and yes, this is a brand name) and it seems to not be too drying and greasy. But this can only be prescribed by a dermatologist, you won't find it being sold freely (unless you buy it an online pharmacy).

Well, once wrinkles or other signs of aged skin are set its hard to revert it. Preventing is the best, and nothing works better than daily use of at least SPF30 sunscreen. Stress and diet (and probably many others) have their contribution as well, but is minor compared to the damage of uv.
The things that work best (not only for wrinkles, sunspots, acne or rosacea) are always on prescription, such (20%) azelaic acid for rosacea and pigmentation, hydroquinon for pigmentation and tretinoin for acne and aged skin.
There are a few things that can really make your skin look better with consistent use, such a vitamin C, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, low % azelaic acid. But their results are by no means very thrilling. If I would have to pick my favorite TO product, it would be the 10% niacinamide + 1% zinc serum. Very cheap, 30ml bottle lasts forever and really gives results.
It fades pigmentation somewhat, controls sebum production and is very hydrating. With wrinkles you want to keep your skin as moisturized as possible.

As I said, it's trial and error and the possibilities are almost endless. You just gotta find that sweet spot what works for you. And if nothing works, there are still (very pricy) laser treatments such as (CO2) fraxel lasers, etc or real surgical options.
Micro-needling and HA serum should help wrinkles. Failing that, Botox and fillers are the gold standard.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't find the AA ingredients you mention in the serum;

Aqua (Water), Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caffeine, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Larix Europaea Wood

Extract, Pisum Sativum Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Triticum Vulgare Germ Extract, Glycine Soja Germ Extract,

Trifolium Pratense Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Apigenin, Oleanolic Acid, Arginine, Glycine, Calcium Gluconate, Zinc

Chloride, Lactic Acid, Gluconolactone, Dextran, Maltodextrin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan gum, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethyl Isosorbide,

Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium

Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Here are the ingredients.

REDENSYL™ Complex (with Larix Europaea Wood Extract and Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract)
Procapil™ Peptide Complex (with Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1)
CAPIXYL™ Peptide Complex (with Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3 and Trifolium Pratense Flower Extract)
BAICAPIL™ Complex (with Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Triticum Vulgare Germ Extract and Glycine Soja Germ Extract)
AnaGain™ (Pisum Sativum Extract)
High-Solubility Caffeine (1% net Caffeine by weight)

pH 4.75-5.75.

Free from alcohol, silicone, nuts, vegan and gluten.

Cruelty free.

Aqua (Water), Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caffeine, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Larix Europaea Wood Extract, Pisum Sativum Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Triticum Vulgare Germ Extract, Glycine Soja Germ Extract, Trifolium Pratense Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Apigenin, Oleanolic Acid, Arginine, Glycine, Calcium Gluconate, Zinc Chloride, Lactic Acid, Gluconolactone, Dextran, Maltodextrin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan gum, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

And to respond to side effects. Started with less semen but i think that is because of SP but i cant pinpoint that offcourse.

Now everything is normal.