The Ordinary Multi-peptide Serum For Hair Density

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you live in Oz? It's still pricey for what it is.

OZ = Australia? No. I live in South America (let's just leave it at that). $50 USD is by far the best price I have found. The damn box/bottle is so appealing.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bought it for $50 USD (with shipping), it should arrive in ~20 days. I still think it's snake oil-ish... oh well

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bought it for $50 USD (with shipping), it should arrive in ~20 days. I still think it's snake oil-ish... oh well
Can't you just order it straight from there website. They are located in Canada. Cost me like $17. Though I'm in Canada myself, it shouldn't cost that much for you

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't you just order it straight from there website. They are located in Canada. Cost me like $17. Though I'm in Canada myself, it shouldn't cost that much for you

shipping directly from the DECIEM store would cost me $38 USD (plus $21 for the Serum)

Attachments

• shipping.jpg
    shipping.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 255

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone said The Ordinary is particularly greasy? I think not. Just came in, trying it during the day (#3-4 buzz) and it doesn't bunch up my hairs and show scalp. My fingers don't shine when I rub my scalp. I could see wearing this all day when I choose to grow my hair out and have an actual hairstyle as opposed to a fashion buzz cut. The problem with essential oils (or original liquid minoxidil) is that if you're thinning you look worse with it on. One of the key things for me in products is allowing my hair to look 'dry' meaning natural, or not for example feel like there's hairspray or gel in it.

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just ordered mine.
I'm going thru a bad shedding these times.... :(
I think it's linked to the oral minoxidil I take for a month now... Hope all these lost hairs will come back thicker after the shed...

Do you think the ordinary serum can reduce the shedding ?

ciao

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just ordered mine.
I'm going thru a bad shedding these times.... :(
I think it's linked to the oral minoxidil I take for a month now... Hope all these lost hairs will come back thicker after the shed...

Do you think the ordinary serum can reduce the shedding ?

ciao
I’ve used this once a day for about a month now and it hasn’t stopped any shedding. However it’s easy to use so I’ll continue.

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve used this once a day for about a month now and it hasn’t stopped any shedding. However it’s easy to use so I’ll continue.

Ok...
Let's see if this is the same for me.
For those who experienced shedding with oral minoxidil, how long did it last ?

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
This serum is actually helpful for density. If you are diffuse thinnig it should be in your regimen. But it won't do next to nothing to stop your temples from receding.

Not sure what you're saying?

Does it help to increase density?

Bolded: It will do nothing for recession?

_Ayae

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone paying more than the equivalent of 18€ for a bottle of 60ml/2fl oz; you're being ripped off.
I'm a big lover of TO (facial) serums and peelings, but this one I have never used so far.

I took a look at the ingredients (im a pharmacology student) and I strongly doubt it could be used as an equivalent of 5% minoxidil.
It's very slighty exfoliating (lactic acid) + carriers (s.a. propanediol). A little exfoliating won't harm or do much good.
Some substances like glycerin, pentylene glycol, .. will help keeping your scalp moisturized. Could be good, but in no way will it (help) regrow hair.
A lot of 'natural' (tree/plant/herb) extracts and oils of most I have never heard.
Peptides form proteins, one of which is collagen. Collagen is important for smooth, wrinkle-less skin and strong hair, but smearing collagen on either skin or scalp won't do anything. The claims that it can have been debunked many times over and over again. The peptides will however to some degree bond to the hair strand, thus making it look thicker.
Caffeine seems to have a questionable effect on hair growth. Oral caffeine reduces blood flow (especially to the brain)
, and I see no reason to believe it has much (if any) vasodilating effect as a topical (no matter what the handful of reports say). Only in high doses (>5%) it has some antioxidating effects on the skin and reduces puffiness (which is why it is often added to eye creams).
There are quite some drying and irritating substances (butylene glycol, P-ethanol, etc) in it, so some people will experience redness, dry scalp and flaking on top.

Tl;dr other than the peptides which could have some beneficial optical effect, this is nowhere something that can replace minoxidil in terms of regrowth.
However, if you still have a good density and stabilized hairloss this could be something nice. But there are many other shampoos and conditioners who can do the exact same.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone paying more than the equivalent of 18€ for a bottle of 60ml/2fl oz; you're being ripped off.
I'm a big lover of TO (facial) serums and peelings, but this one I have never used so far.

I took a look at the ingredients (im a pharmacology student) and I strongly doubt it could be used as an equivalent of 5% minoxidil.
It's very slighty exfoliating (lactic acid) + carriers (s.a. propanediol). A little exfoliating won't harm or do much good.
Some substances like glycerin, pentylene glycol, .. will help keeping your scalp moisturized. Could be good, but in no way will it (help) regrow hair.
A lot of 'natural' (tree/plant/herb) extracts and oils of most I have never heard.
Peptides form proteins, one of which is collagen. Collagen is important for smooth, wrinkle-less skin and strong hair, but smearing collagen on either skin or scalp won't do anything. The claims that it can have been debunked many times over and over again. The peptides will however to some degree bond to the hair strand, thus making it look thicker.
Caffeine seems to have a questionable effect on hair growth. Oral caffeine reduces blood flow (especially to the brain)
, and I see no reason to believe it has much (if any) vasodilating effect as a topical (no matter what the handful of reports say). Only in high doses (>5%) it has some antioxidating effects on the skin and reduces puffiness (which is why it is often added to eye creams).
There are quite some drying and irritating substances (butylene glycol, P-ethanol, etc) in it, so some people will experience redness, dry scalp and flaking on top.

Tl;dr other than the peptides which could have some beneficial optical effect, this is nowhere something that can replace minoxidil in terms of regrowth.
However, if you still have a good density and stabilized hairloss this could be something nice. But there are many other shampoos and conditioners who can do the exact same.

Lol..... oke.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what you're saying?

Does it help to increase density?

Bolded: It will do nothing for recession?
It sounds paradoxal but this is what I experienced even though the hairline recession has been minimal, otherwise improvement in density is quite visible.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
It sounds paradoxal but this is what I experienced even though the hairline recession has been minimal, otherwise improvement in density is quite visible.

After how long did you notice results? Three months?

vika

Reaction score
How is your guys scalp looking? Mine never been as white as it is now after a few months of using this. Density seems about the same though