Taugenichts's Story - (pic updated on 10/21/07 on page 12)

Aplunk1

Reaction score
You guys will settle down. This is another user's story. There's no need to drag it off-topic.

G

guys, I think I need to clarify some things.

First of all thank you for your interest in my progress.

it is not that that finasteride doesn´t work at all. After about 6 months I noticed that my shedding got signifantly less. So I thought my hairloss had finally stopped and I was just noticing usual shedding. I was optimistic and hoping that I am one of the 83% for which finasteride stops hairloss. But as we see it still gets thinner and thinner......So, it seems that I am still balding, though slower as before.

Now I had decided to switch to dutasteride, since my hair loss is probably too agressive for finasteride. Why not start in the beginning? Because I was f*****g scared of shedding. I actually still am but now I have no choice left if I want to maintain some hair.....

And I never claimed that I am only losing 4 hairs in the shower. These are just the hairs I find in my hands after shampooing. I am actually losing many more.

I am also still shedding. In summer I lost about 100 hairs a day, now I am losing between 40 and 60. Sure, you may consider this normal. But one has to keep in mind that before male pattern baldness I never saw any lost hairs when showering or on the floor. I saw one on the table like once a month (silly me thought that was already the start of balding) and that was it. So I assume that I lost between 10-15 a day. You see the difference? This means I am losing between 25 and 50 hairs a day to male pattern baldness. In 3 years I will have lost between 25000 and 50000 hairs and will be slick bald. And there are actually still guys who don´t take my problems for real...... :? It is not the number of hairs I am shedding that worries me. It is the fact that most likely they won´t grow back......Hope you can understand me a little bit better!

And to the guy who said that I don´t know how to style my hair. That may be true. When it is shorter I sometimes used to wear some gel in it, but I can´t do this anymore since it has become too thin. So I want to grow it out a little bit in order to hide the thinning. Until it reaches a decent length it doesn´t look that good of course.

Cheers, guys

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
have you ever heard about rogaine foam? appareanttly its some kind of product containing 5% minoxidil which grows hair on your head,i kid you not :freaked2:

G

Well, today might have been the beginning of an era. Taugenichts is going for dutasteride! I just took the first pill. Damn, I now have a weird feeling in my neck. I shouldn´t take pills without some beverage.....

IBM

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Well, today might have been the beginning of an era. Taugenichts is going for dutasteride! I just took the first pill. d***, I now have a weird feeling in my neck. I shouldn´t take pills without some beverage.....

why dont you take spironolactone also?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its just dutasteride,it wont give much regrowth if any
it might make you fatter though so watch your weight

G

IBM said:
why dont you take spironolactone also?

Too heavy, I want to build some muscle.

roki said:
its just dutasteride,it wont give much regrowth if any
it might make you fatter though so watch your weight

Sure, I do, I am just hoping for some stabilization of my hair (maybe some slight regrowth). And then I will go for the foam/Spectral DNC and try to grow back my hairline.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
taug, you need to relax. Staying stressed certainly will NOT help your hair get better.

Stop checking on it everyday, check on it every week or so. Consistency on the treatment however is important as you have already known.

G

Re: Taugenichts's story - (pic update 4/19/07 on page 8)

At first I promised that I would post an update every 3 months. But I somehow got tired of it. I mean, it is basically always the same:

Post pictures of my hair to see how much worse it got during the last months. :thumbsdown:

Well, but since I have got nothing to do anyways I might just as well show you that the treatments aren´t working for everyone as they should do (P.S. actually they DO work, because my hair loss got slowed down, but it wasn´t stopped as I expected. The hope for regrowth I have given up completly):

The bald spot in my crown is getting bigger and thinner:

About my regimen:

As some of you might know I started dutasteride at late May. At first i took both finasteride and dutasteride, now I am on dutasteride only. I think it slowed it down a bit more, but no results apart from that. I have no problems with side effects on dutasteride, Libido is down. But it doesn´t bother me much since i don´t have a sex life anyways.

I also started minoxidil at the beginning of August. Don´t know whether it is doing anything. I guess it grew some thin vellus sh*t in my temples but that´s it. At first I was shedding a bit which has stopped by now. But i can´t say that I noticed a visible difference during that time.

Feel free to ask any questions. Good Luck to all of you!

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Taugenichts's story - (pic update 10/21/07 on page 12)

Wtf? Dude your hair isn't actually bad. And you don't have a bald spot. Your hairline is a bit high but by the looks of your profile picture it always was that high, and your hair was never thick.

What minoxidil are you using and how often?

G

Thank you for the encouragement, chino.

But you gotta enlarge the pictures in order to see how bad it really is. it is not only the bald sport, the area around it is very thin and reveals a lot of scalp. At the moment it is just covered with my longer hair.

And yes, my hairline has been high before hairloss started, but it wasn´t that terrible by far. I still know where exactly has been because I have two individual hairs left at my former hair line. it is about 1-1.5 cm below my current hairline. :(

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score

Taugenichts, all you need is a decent haircut. It's not the 1970s anymore.

Tame that mane, go to a professional barber and have them give you a nice cut and it'll do wonders. You'd be suprised how a nice haircut can make hair look thicker.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score

Nah taug I know what you mean, and I had made the pictures bigger I wouldn't comment otherwise! I think what you're describing at the crown though is because your hair is generally quite thin anyway, and because the hair is going in different directions, as well as the head sloping downwards, you're always going to be able to see scalp. While it may be slightly thinner than the rest, I dunno how long you've been treating hair loss for or how old you are, it still looks good, and the fact that you can cover it up with longer hair says a lot aswell! Treatments are working man.

I have exactly the same thing, when I cut my hair short it depressed me so much, now it's longer it is covering it up better but leaves these kinda lines of 'valleys' down to the scalp in various places. With a bit of styling product it can be sorted out though. I agree with bobby aswell, get a good haircut.

Anyway dude, I hope it keeps getting better, but I really think it's nothing to be depressed about, it's fine in my opinion, and I'm fairly critical. Btw, my forehead's huge, I'll give it a measure sometime see if I can give ya a run for your money, ha :$

RaginDemon

Reaction score

i bet nobody will say your balding...you have some hair problem, but judging from the pics, your NOT balding.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

and taug, get a haircut

it might make it look 10x better man

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

LEAVE TAUG ALONE, all you do is bash Taug. :sobbing: He gives advice and all you do is bash him. LEAVE HIM ALONE. :sobbing: Its hard for Taug to come on here because he is suffering from BDD and he tries his best to be honest about himself but ...... ALL YOU PEOPLE make such off the wall comments about Taug. LEAVE TAUG ALONE :sobbing: Taug, I am sorry these people are always on your back about your posts about your ugliness and your hairloss. They have the same problems yet they seem to target Taug all the time. LEAVE the POOR GUY ALONE :sobbing: ALL YOU PEOPLE need to be sympathetic toward Taug, HE IS A HUMAN BEING and HE has feelings too :sobbing: PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU LEAVE TAUG ALONE! :sobbing:( And if you do not understand this post ask Bryan)