Taugenichts's Story - (pic updated on 10/21/07 on page 12)

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Taugenichts,

I am also from Germany(moved here recently) and am trying to fight hairloss.

I question where did you buy Finpecia and is it covered under the insurance

G

Hello

I ordered Finpecia at an Austrian Online pharmacy. PM me if you want the link. It arrived three days after my transferal. No, German health insurance doesn´t cover male hair loss, it only covers female hair loss (equal rights :roll: .....).

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
no insurance coverage ... :(

Did u have any issues with German customs?.

G

No, this is hardly possible since my pills arrived in an ordinary letter which most likely will never get controlled.

bubka

Reaction score
your hair reminds me a lot like my own... i responded well to finasteride, add in the nizoral too! it's been 6 years and still working good, i could not imagine being able to finish college or be in grad school without it, let alone have had the luck with women as well...

some of that thinning is natural too if you ask me... it very rare to see a post puberty male with lighter hair that is extremely dense

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
dont wear your hair wet and youll be fine for a long time to come. youd be amazed how many people have thin looking hair when its wet.

CCS

Reaction score
I let my search for hair loss cures distract me from my classes. My grades REALLY suffered. And I've never had a girlfriend. That would all be different if I had hair. Of course one could argue that may not having a girlfriend is strictly my own choosing since I turned down all the fat women who hit on me.

G

Yesterday I have seen another dermatologist. A guy with a very good reputation on the Internet. And yes, he seemt to know what he was talking about. At first he confirmed that it was definetly androgenetic :cry: but then I asked him whether it was normal that I could easily pull out hair at my sides. He replied that my sides indeed looked "unusual" and asked whether I was a student (probably assuming exam stress). I confirmed even though my stress is caused much more by my extreme depressions and my constant worries about hair loss. Since I am thinking about my hair loss 24/7 I seem to lose more and more hair. For the first time I noticed hairs on my hands when showering and I am constantly checking my hair line in order to find a further recession.
It really makes me crazy.

Though I have decided to stick with Finpecia(+Nizoral) only so far. I will save minoxidil for later. I don´t think that my nerves would survive a heavy shedding caused by Rogaine.

So it seems that indeed I am suffering both of male pattern baldness and Telogen Effluvium which means that I should see a natural thickening of my hair within the next months (if I manage to control my stress).

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
hello, may I ask you why are you taking Zinc and Biotin? Will this have any possitive effect to combat hairloss?

G

Hello, my dermatologist told me to take Zinc and Biotin which is said to increase the thickness of hair. Will it actually help me? I don´t know, but it definetly won´t do any harm to my hair so I am taking it. Apart from the money I have nothing to lose.

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Taugenichts, my hairloss is almost identical to yours, especially on top (same diffuse vertex/ crown thinning). My hair colour is almost the same as yours. My hairline used to be straight too, but now slowly turning into a V. I am on my way to, but haven't quite reached Norwood 2 yet, though.
I was 24 when i first noticed the thinning on top, 25 when i finally jumped the gun and went on finasteride. I am 27 now and recently added spironolactone 2% and 5% once a day. Temples are still receding, although rather slowly. The look of my crown/ vertex differs from month to month, but - in spite of still losing tons of hair a day when combing, styling and washing it - i don't think it looks very different in comparison to two years ago.
So i definitely think there's hope for you the coming years. My advice to you would be to grow your hair a little longer and style it backwards. In that way you can most certainly hide your thinning on top, probably the thing that bothers you the most.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Taugenichts, Are you planning to include Minoxidil into your regimen soon?

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I let my search for hair loss cures distract me from my classes. My grades REALLY suffered. And I've never had a girlfriend. That would all be different if I had hair. Of course one could argue that may not having a girlfriend is strictly my own choosing since I turned down all the fat women who hit on me.

collegechemistrystudent, you said you had 3 hair transplants done.

You have 1200 post in 1 month in this forum.

So, where are your pictures?

Where is your story?

G

Yeah, i have been thinking about minoxidil. It is an option. Though it is too early for me. maybe the results with finasteride alone are good enough and I am also scared of a heavy minoxidil shed. My nerves wouldn´t survive this.

CCS

Reaction score
it is in the mystory section, and also on the myspace link. you need a myspace account to review all the pictures, but one guy copied a pic from myspace and posted it in my story for me. it is the one after my second hair transplant grew out. It looks a lot thicker than it is because of the darkeness, a concept many repliers do not understand.

Reaction score
Taugenichts, looking at your pictures is like looking in a mirror. omfg, there is absolutely no difference between your hairloss progression and thinnest to mine. i am thinning on the crown just like you, my hairline is just like yours, and i too lose alot of hairs from the sides and back. i started taking finasteride two years ago (for one year) then to save money i switched to the generic sh*t and it turned out to be a fake. now i take real proscar 1/4 but the damage is already done. i am in my 5th month of treatment of proscar and nizoral but not much happening for me. although i am getting some peach fuzz hair on the hairline, a place where it was completely hairless. so if i am seeing atleast some hairs on my hairline, guess its working. the funny sh1t is, when my generic finasteride came, it came in an yellow envelope and my dumbass thought it was legit rather than thinking that someone just robbed me of 150.00 dollars.

G

Hello newguy,

thx for the kind words. I think this type of hair loss seems to be pretty standard. Look at this guy: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=28359
also reminds me of my/our hair loss. The first pic could be mine .
Do you know why you are losing hair at the sides/back? On the one hand I think it is a good sign if it is Telogen Effluvium which can be overcome rather easy compared to MBP, on the other hand I am worried if it is not that Telogen Effluvium that I am thinning all over my head. :cry:

I am really sorry to hear about your generic fake. This sucks. What kind of "damage" did you notice in these 7 months? I hope not a heavy shed. But sounds good that you can see regrowth already after only 5 months!!! Do you also notice less shedding? This is my main goal for the first. in the long run I also hope for thickening and even regrowth of the hair line. You know what, the recession of my hair line must have happened rather recently and extremely fast. It happened that fast so MBP seems to have "forgotten" about 2 single hairs. Yes, there are exactly two single hairs left where my former hair line used to be. I am observing these two guys since about 4 weeks and they are still there. Two good, healthy and strong hairs reminding me of my former hair line. I am probably somehow crazy that I know where individual hair of mine are located. I even thought about giving them names :hairy: , but they symbolize my former glory, the thick and perfect hair of my teens and early twens. I will try to show them in a close-up pic with my three months update along with many other pics of my hair. But sure to check again in two months!

Good Luck to you!!!

G

Well, my story is hardly 3 weeks old, but I think I am going to provide some update information. A few good news, but also some really bad news.

let´s start with some good news:
A few days ago I cut off my hair. Yes, I cut my own hair..... I took a pair of scissors and cut it as short as possible. Of course, the result was horrible, particularly since I had problems with the back. But I don´t care! I won´t leave the house within the next days anyways. Just at night when nobody sees me I go out for running. Ok, but some good news:
-I know I can take the shaved look. The shape of my head is good for it. I was scared that i would look like some Nazi Skinhead thug, but i don´t. The trick is to have a skinny face, then most can take the shaved look. So, you should lose some weight before shaving it off. Another point is, that my face is not round. Round faces look awful with a shaved head. Of course even with a good head shape I look rather ugly compared to how I am looking with hair.
- My hairline is still pretty good. I thought I had a big forehead, but it was just the impression I had caused by the photos. I am still a Norwood 1.5, the V is only noticeable for Norwood spotters balding themselves. Nevertheless I hope to regrow it. If not it is easy to hide when my hair is longer so that I can comb it forward.
- I don´t see a horsehoe even with very short hair. I think this is a good sign. On the other hand it is shocking to see how incredibly thin my hair is all over my head.
- Best news for the day. I see some new hairs at the temples. I basically know every single hair at my hairline. i should when observing it for hours every day. Shows you how sick I am.......Today I have found two new ones at the left temple and another at the right one. They are growing in an area where the hairs are really thin. So it is a good sign to see some thickening. I am not even sure, whether it is actually caused by finasteride. But this doesn´t matter at the moment. These 3 hairs, looking healthy with brown colour, give me new hope.

Ok, now the bad news:
Overall my hair has become much worse. I have compared the various pictures I have taken within the last weeks and I was shocked how thin my hair has become within this short time. At the beginnig of my finasteride therapy the crown thinning was hardly visible under daylight. It took a really close look to spot it. Three weeks later it could be seen from a few meters distance under normal daylight. So terrible, I don´t know what to do anymore. Why is this happening to me? i am no bad person, do i deserve this? The last nights I had nightmares, I wake up totally frightened and shocked. I am taking sleeping pills in order to fall asleep. I am unable to do anything. I wanted to write some HairLossTalk.com posts, but I was simply too tired and exhausted. I can´t concentrate, all I am thinking about is my hair loss. i am feeling dead alive. And it keeps on getting worse every day, it is like a slow and painful Death. Luckily with my new hair cut I notice no shedding anymore (hairs are not visible). That´s good, since I was really scared to look down on my keyboard and seeing another one lying there, liveless and fallen from my head.
I have no power to continue fighting hair loss, but I don´t want to go bald either. At the moment I am continuing with finasteride, furhtermore some supplements will be added to my regimen . Nevertheless I am thinking about surrendering to MBP. Accepting my upcoming baldness. But I don´t think I could live with it. It is so depressing...... :cry:

CCS

Reaction score
shaved also looks good if your skull does not get 1/2 inch wider right above the ears like mind does.