Starting Dutasteride Today- Wish Me Luck.

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, never tried ru. Hope duta will work and I won’t have to use it.

So what exactly is your story? You were on Finasteride for 7 years, and it worked wonders for the first 5, but then you noticed you were losing maintenance so you started to take it with dutasteride as well?

When did you swap to daily dutasteride and stop finasteride?

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what exactly is your story? You were on Finasteride for 7 years, and it worked wonders for the first 5, but then you noticed you were losing maintenance so you started to take it with dutasteride as well?

When did you swap to daily dutasteride and stop finasteride?

Yup, I started using Propecia when I was 20, forget about hairloss for 7-8 years and then last year I started my ‘no shampoo’ experiment for 6 months, the itch and inflammation came back and my hairloss kick into the next gear. I’m on duta for about 6-7 months now, hairline got destroyed and still shedding a lot of hair everyday.

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, I started using Propecia when I was 20, forget about hairloss for 7-8 years and then last year I started my ‘no shampoo’ experiment for 6 months, the itch and inflammation came back and my hairloss kick into the next gear. I’m on duta for about 6-7 months now, hairline got destroyed and still shedding a lot of hair everyday.

So when did you stop finasteride?

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So when did you stop finasteride?

I didn’t. Still taking it with duta. So right now I take both. That way I can be sure that dutasteride is the sole reason for my shed ( or whatever you expect ).

And yeah I know there is no point in taking propecia when you are on dutasteride, but still, I’m not 100% sure dutasteride is legit ( but 90% sure it probably is ).

On the other hand, if you’re starting dutasteride, I think you shouldn’t just drop finasteride right away. Dutasteride needs some time to build up in your body.

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn’t. Still taking it with duta. So right now I take both. That way I can be sure that dutasteride is the sole reason for my shed ( or whatever you expect ).

And yeah I know there is no point in taking propecia when you are on dutasteride, but still, I’m not 100% sure dutasteride is legit ( but 90% sure it probably is ).

On the other hand, if you’re starting dutasteride, I think you shouldn’t just drop finasteride right away. Dutasteride needs some time to build up in your body.

Right, I've been watching you but I always thought you gave up finasteride and Kombo was the only one trying both at once to stop the shed. I think the hard thing is how do we know that you aren't experiencing an interaction effect between finasteride and duta. And I mean is your current shedding any worse/better than what you were experiencing when you were only on finasteride?

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right, I've been watching you but I always thought you gave up finasteride and Kombo was the only one trying both at once to stop the shed. I think the hard thing is how do we know that you aren't experiencing an interaction effect between finasteride and duta. And I mean is your current shedding any worse/better than what you were experiencing when you were only on finasteride?

What kind of interaction between duta and fina you have in mind?

Yeah, I think it’s worse but you need to take into account that I’ve lost some hair along the way on just finasteride.

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, aparently I found a more "professional" topical dutasteride; I just googled "topical dutasteride molecular weight" and arrived at this article.
They do mention exactly what you said; "The idea behind topical dutasteride has to do with the chemical properties compared to finasteride. At the molecular level, dutasteride is more difficult to deliver as a topical agent to be absorbed through the skin due to the size of dutasteride molecules. They are larger than those of finasteride. This difficulty however becomes an advantage as the difficulty to get past the subcutaneous layer may prevent systemic absorption. The molecular size prevents deep penetration. In addition, dutasteride has a high lipophilicity of 4.94, compared to 3.03 of finasteride, which means it is less water soluble than finasteride or more “greasy”. This higher lipophilicity can in theory help dutasteride to remain in the skin longer as these properties tend to preclude the paracellular and follicular routes of ingress into the skin"

They are assuming that the molecular weight is enough to just get to the hair follicle, (that resides inside the subcutaneous layer). This sounds great but where are the photo results? (well, if this was posted in Fev, idk if there was enough time to even seen them)

Bumping the post from previous page.
So do you think that topical dutasteride can help?

There is the guy on Russian hair loss forum who sells 0.1 % topical dutasteride lotion. I don't what vehicle he uses, but results are nice, see before pic and after one (that's not me). Pretty impressive isn't it? Worth to mention that guy on photo was using Minoxidill + adenosine. Probably, could be a good responder but I'm not sure it's possible to get such results with only Minoxidill.

What do you think guys? Does it worth a shot?

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bumping the post from previous page.
So do you think that topical dutasteride can help?

There is the guy on Russian hair loss forum who sells 0.1 % topical dutasteride lotion. I don't what vehicle he uses, but results are nice, see before pic and after one (that's not me). Pretty impressive isn't it? Worth to mention that guy on photo was using Minoxidill + adenosine. Probably, could be a good responder but I'm not sure it's possible to get such results with only Minoxidill.

What do you think guys? Does it worth a shot?

Did he get sides?

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of interaction between duta and fina you have in mind?

Yeah, I think it’s worse but you need to take into account that I’ve lost some hair along the way on just finasteride.

I think that we should take testosterone into consideration when one is on finasteride or duta. We always focus on lowering DHT like if that was the only androgen that can be responsible for attacking the hair follicle, but once there is no DHT to attach to the hair follicle, you could say that there is a "power vaccum" ready to be taken and testosterone takes it (Even if it doesn't have such affinity to that receptor, there is no competition so it takes it easy).
Im even assuming that testosterone levels return to normal after some time in the finasteride/duta regime.
Here, Ru would theoretically make sense to use. You would be sure no testosterone would be damaging your hair.

Non the less, there are still people out there that claim that not even with a duta + ru regimen, did they get any results.
For this people, only a transgender treatment would work.

When God wrote the sequence of balding genes, he made sure they were recessive so that mankind couldn't erradicate baldness via natural selection. He could have simply made zero ways to regrow our hair back But then we would have to simply accept it So he made us have hope with some treatments.. also made the treatments to have the side effect of losing our dicks and grow woman breasts. Basically, God is playing us like SAW (movies).

If this isn't the proof that a God (evil) exists then idk what is.

Last edited:

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that we should take testosterone into consideration when one is on finasteride or duta. We always focus on lowering DHT like if that was the only androgen that can be responsible for attacking the hair follicle, but once there is no DHT to attach to the hair follicle, you could say that there is a "power vaccum" ready to be taken and testosterone takes it (Even if it doesn't have such affinity to that receptor, there is no competition so it takes it easy).
Im even assuming that testosterone levels return to normal after some time in the finasteride/duta regime.
Here, Ru would theoretically make sense to use. You would be sure no testosterone would be damaging your hair.

Non the less, there are still people out there that claim that not even with a duta + ru regimen, did they get any results.
For this people, only a transgender treatment would work.

When God wrote the sequence of balding genes, he made sure they were recessive so that mankind couldn't erradicate baldness via natural selection. He could have simply made zero ways to regrow our hair back But then we would have to simply accept it So he made us have hope with some treatments.. also made the treatments to have the side effect of losing our dicks and grow woman breasts. Basically, God is playing us like SAW (movies).

If this isn't the proof that a God (evil) exists then idk what is.

Yeah I agree, that’s why I say anbody who is starting dutasteride should have RU in the backup in case hairline goes south.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, that’s why I say anbody who is starting dutasteride should have RU in the backup in case hairline goes south.

Well, why not have it in the at the same time? It's like you are saying dutasteride is responsible for the hairline going south

oni2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on dutasteride 0.5mg ED for over 14 years, only long term side effect I have is a raised LDL cholesterol level at first I thought it was my diet (which is actually pretty healthy) and I never linked it to dutasteride...........It's time for me to come off dutasteride as I am now in my 40's and heart health is important.....

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on dutasteride 0.5mg ED for over 14 years, only long term side effect I have is a raised LDL cholesterol level at first I thought it was my diet (which is actually pretty healthy) and I never linked it to dutasteride...........It's time for me to come off dutasteride as I am now in my 40's and heart health is important.....
Have you maintained for them 14 years?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Oni..................come clean................you really are Ashton Kutcher.....................................................:rolleyes::D

oni2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you on finasteride beforehand? What Norwood are you currently? I don't see how dutasteride could have anything to do with cholesterol levels......

About 6 months of finasteride, then took both until my dutasteride levels where up, didn't get on with finasteride........ About a Norwood 2

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Good to see you still about......... ;)

How's tricks...........
Ashton.....................unfortunately...........................Trix is no long with us......................He died.......................:rolleyes:
images.jpeg