Starting Dutasteride Today- Wish Me Luck.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
god... I just googled estrogen and body fat , got this : "Fatty foods affect the body in many ways and have a strong influence on hormonal activity in the body. First, high-fat diets increase the amount of estrogens, the female sex hormones, in the blood. It is known that many breast tumors are "fueled" by estrogens."

So that's it... Probably if we did a study of all men who got gyno and the relationship between their body fat, we would see that the great majority who got Gyno was already obese or had a lot of fat! ...
Thats it. Cutting dutasteride until I get my body into shape!

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, any update? Still shedding like mad? Still itchy scalp?

Itch is much better ( but need to say that I added Tgel and Taurine + omega3 back ). And Shedding... I don’t know to be honest. Still have a feeling I am losing too much hair. Also my hairline is a little bit worse. I’m really starting to believe Testosterone is doing the damage there. I’m really reluctant adding RU,cuz I am afraid of upregulation.

What about your progress?

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Itch is much better ( but need to say that I added Tgel and Taurine + omega3 back ). And Shedding... I don’t know to be honest. Still have a feeling I am losing too much hair. Also my hairline is a little bit worse. I’m really starting to believe Testosterone is doing the damage there. I’m really reluctant adding RU,cuz I am afraid of upregulation.

Not too much change on my end yet. T gel? Tourine? What is that? You rub it on the scalp? It's not even fully 7 months yet, wait 5 more man.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
god... I just googled estrogen and body fat , got this : "Fatty foods affect the body in many ways and have a strong influence on hormonal activity in the body. First, high-fat diets increase the amount of estrogens, the female sex hormones, in the blood. It is known that many breast tumors are "fueled" by estrogens."

So that's it... Probably if we did a study of all men who got gyno and the relationship between their body fat, we would see that the great majority who got Gyno was already obese or had a lot of fat! ...
Thats it. Cutting dutasteride until I get my body into shape!

Lol that’s what i’m saying for a long time now. Duta and fina sides are real no doubt about it, but if you are coming to these treatments with a shitty health in the first place, you’ll probably be effected in some form.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Afraid of testing RU while you are on Dutasteride? Wat?
BTW, RU doesnt interfere with your hormones (it interacts with the androgen receptors of the hair follicule)
People who go on RU are precisely those who want to avoid Duta side effects and I think it's somehow regarded as a better treatment. Combining it with RU would provide possible great results (because both attack DHT in different angles)

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW, RU doesnt interfere with your hormones (it interacts with the androgen receptors of the hair follicule)
People who go on RU are precisely those who want to avoid Duta side effects and I think it's somehow regarded as a better treatment. Combining it with RU would provide possible great results (because both attack DHT in different angles)

I know how RU works lol. It’s not a better treatment that Duta in no way. It’s probably even worse than finasteride... Great on paper yes, but seems like there is not a lot of people having success on it, especially those who have more aggressive hairloss.

I would say that it may be helpful blocking Testosterone, because with Dutasteride you’re doing nothing in that regard. I will probably try it on my hairline, but I don’t expect miracles.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know how RU works lol. It’s not a better treatment that Duta in no way. It’s probably even worse than finasteride... Great on paper yes, but seems like there is not a lot of people having success on it, especially those who have more aggressive hairloss.

I would say that it may be helpful blocking Testosterone, because with Dutasteride you’re doing nothing in that regard. I will probably try it on my hairline, but I don’t expect miracles.

Even tho Dutasteride requires a doctor prescription to buy, is still more widely used (even if a tabu) than RU simply because it's available on every Pharmacy in the world (1st world at least).

Few people have tried RU compared to people who tried Dutasteride. For the few people who tried RU, it as gained a good reputation. I think that if Ru was cheap and avalable like DUta is, you would see a lot of more people using it and we would probably coin the term "The big 4" as the 4th being Ru.

Personally I don't even try RU because I know that even if it worked wonders on me, I would simply be more dissapointed because atm I can't cope with the price tag on it (10g 115€+ vehicle price?) which is very sad :(

EDIT: about Dutasteride not doing anything about testosterone; well, if testosterone is killing our hair in the absence of DHT then Dutasteride is also responsible for increasing the testosterone levels (but then again, its probably for a short time because the organism will sense at some point that it has too much testosterone and will balance it out).

Ever since I saw irishpride's thread success story I was hooked on RU... for me, RU is the Cocaine of Hairlosstalk (maybe i'm exaggerating :p)

Last edited:

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OMG man! I just noticed THIS I mean, this is how people are Crazy, not only for Ru but for Nonsteroidal antiandrogen (fluridil)

LOL.png

"The drug was launched in 2003[6] and is marketed in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.[7]"

I haven't heard of this for a reason... Maybe it's not effective? (otherwise I would have heard about it)

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Adding in RU now could potentially cause a months-long shed, and we would have no idea how effective dutasteride would be for you at 12-18 months. Please just stay patient. Where did you say you were on the norwood scale again?

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU thinned out my hair so much, it's not worth it, the results are far less predictable than finasteride or duta because there hasn't been near as much research on RU

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been taking Avodart for a decade, but i've been slowly losing some ground in the past few years. I don't know if adding RU would help?

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Adding in RU now could potentially cause a months-long shed, and we would have no idea how effective dutasteride would be for you at 12-18 months. Please just stay patient. Where did you say you were on the norwood scale again?

Yeah I agree on RU part. I have diffuse hairloss + NW2 probably.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, even tho there hasnt been offical studies on RU (it just went until phase i) it's widely accepted taht it doent give side effects (doesnt lower DHT or testosterone).
If it causes massive sheds, thats another story. Any treatment at some point I will hear someone saying it caused shedding. I think for example minoxidil makes me shedd like mad but I think it's actually the alcohol
The only reason im not on Ru is because of the horrendous pricetag

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, never tried ru. Hope duta will work and I won’t have to use it.
But why the fear of RU then? Which thread made you fear it? I don't recall it being known as a shedding treatment like minoxidil

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But why the fear of RU then? Which thread made you fear it? I don't recall it being known as a shedding treatment like minoxidil
  • Not a lot of studies, especially on long term usage
  • Produced by some unknown chinese lab + you never really know what you get
  • Topical, popping a pill is much simpler
  • Increasing androgen sensitivity ( not sure about that, but my understanding is more ‘things’ that can bind to AR, higher the sensitivity , just like it happens in the muscle with steroids
  • Lack of anecdotal success stories
  • Price
But eventually, I may be forced to try it.