Starting Dutasteride Today- Wish Me Luck.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, so after quitting minoxidil 10% ( it was burning my scalp, I think it was the propylene glycol ) I had a MASSIVE shed, and I'm currently Norwood 2.5, bordering on the edge of NW3. I was originally going to do both dutasteride and oral Spyro (i'm a bit crazy) but after thinking about it I have decided to take just the dutasteride 0.5 mg every day. I'm also currently continuing with finasteride 1mg, as the dutasteride will take a while to impact my hair and I want to be protected until then. So my current regimen is 1mg finasteride every day, and 0.5mg dutasteride every day. I plan on giving dutasteride one full year to work.

So my questions are:

1. Has anyone been on dutasteride for AT LEAST one year who can share their experience?

2. Does anyone know where I can get LEGIT 15% minoxidil concentrations? I want to give it another shot only with a higher dosage and with glycerin as the main vehicle so my scalp doesn't feel like a match has been lit to it. I can't find 15% anywhere. I live in the US so minoxidil max isn't an option.

Thanks in advance!

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have ru prepared on the side just in case dutasteride start f*****g up the hairline.

Good luck

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
keep us updated man ! on the result and the sides .
If i remind you're hair looked great

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. I took dutasteride for at least a year. I was feeling some dizziness in the morning and a bit lethargic trough the day so I quit (back to finasteride). No regrowth but also no further hairloss on dutasteride.

2. Try the minoxidilmax site. They have the 15% without PG so it won't irritate the scalp. But as with dutasteride, I also got no regrowth on 15% minoxidil. So I'm back on 5% now.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Real Kombo, why don't you just use the Rogaine foam? My scalp was extremely irritated from the liquid as well and couldn't deal with it anymore so switched to the foam and it is not irritating.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you currently take dutasteride? If so, how long have you been taking it for and what are your results?

Yes, for 5 months. Hairline got destroyed & I’m shedding all over the head. Itch is still there. I’m not gonna lie, it’s bad. I will go through it for 6 months but probably will drop it and try finasteride with ru or cb. I still believe duta is better drug for majority just not for me.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Real Kombo, why don't you just use the Rogaine foam? My scalp was extremely irritated from the liquid as well and couldn't deal with it anymore so switched to the foam and it is not irritating.

The foam is only 5%.....I'm reluctant to go to something weaker.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, for 5 months. Hairline got destroyed & I’m shedding all over the head. Itch is still there. I’m not gonna lie, it’s bad. I will go through it for 6 months but probably will drop it and try finasteride with ru or cb. I still believe duta is better drug for majority just not for me.

Please do it for one year.....nearly every success story I've ever seen with dutasteride has been people using it for one year minimum.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please do it for one year.....nearly every success story I've ever seen with dutasteride has been people using it for one year minimum.

You think so? Yeah maybe if it stabilizes but I certainly need to add ru or cb then. I’m not sure if it’s just as shed. There is no new hair growing on my hairline. Will see, thanks for encouragement.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You think so? Yeah maybe if it stabilizes but I certainly need to add ru or cb then. I’m not sure if it’s just as shed. There is no new hair growing on my hairline. Will see, thanks for encouragement.

Yeah i'm begging you to keep at it for a year, I think the end result will be worth it.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems unnecessary but go for it if you want to, lol.

Not sure if Finasteride gives any additional effect that Dutasteride doesn't.

The issue is that alot of people who switch from finasteride to dutasteride think there's instant protection where this isn't the case.

It takes many months, if not up to a year, for the dutasteride to make a positive impact.

So the giant window between when they stop finasteride to when the dutasteride starts to work leaves them unprotected and wreeks absolute havoc on the hair.

If nothing else, it's a safety precaution.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The issue is that alot of people who switch from finasteride to dutasteride think there's instant protection where this isn't the case.

It takes many months, if not up to a year, for the dutasteride to make a positive impact.

So the giant window between when they stop finasteride to when the dutasteride starts to work leaves them unprotected and wreeks absolute havoc on the hair.

Is that really how it works?

Reduction of hair loss usually come pretty quickly. Maintaining and possible regrowth might take more time though.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What are you basing this off of?