Starting Dutasteride Today- Wish Me Luck.

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of interaction between duta and fina you have in mind?

Yeah, I think it’s worse but you need to take into account that I’ve lost some hair along the way on just finasteride.

It's not a theory thing, it's just what could be happening. I mean I guess maybe there's only so much that could bind to the enzymes so maybe only the finasteride is binding to one type of receptor or something, but it's more that we haven't ruled out the possibility that finasteride doesn't have some effect on how dutasteride works or vice versa.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, so after quitting minoxidil 10% ( it was burning my scalp, I think it was the propylene glycol ) I had a MASSIVE shed, and I'm currently Norwood 2.5, bordering on the edge of NW3. I was originally going to do both dutasteride and oral Spyro (i'm a bit crazy) but after thinking about it I have decided to take just the dutasteride 0.5 mg every day. I'm also currently continuing with finasteride 1mg, as the dutasteride will take a while to impact my hair and I want to be protected until then. So my current regimen is 1mg finasteride every day, and 0.5mg dutasteride every day. I plan on giving dutasteride one full year to work.

So my questions are:

1. Has anyone been on dutasteride for AT LEAST one year who can share their experience?

2. Does anyone know where I can get LEGIT 15% minoxidil concentrations? I want to give it another shot only with a higher dosage and with glycerin as the main vehicle so my scalp doesn't feel like a match has been lit to it. I can't find 15% anywhere. I live in the US so minoxidil max isn't an option.

Thanks in advance!

Bump...
Updates? Bet 100 hairs that everything is as it was

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bump...
Updates? Bet 100 hairs that everything is as it was

Update:

I found a compounding pharmacy that made me a 10% minoxidil solution along with 0.1% dutasteride compounded into it. As a result, I reduced my oral avodart usage to every other day. Still taking finasteride daily. No improvement in hair.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just chiming in since I just popped my first dutasteride today and saw this thread. Already experiencing increased libido, same as when I started finasteride.

Small update for me if anyone cares. About 2 months into dutasteride, started out doing once a week, moved up to twice, then three times, now taking it four times a week. Only side effect is increased libido on some days. Hair might be looking a little better, definitely not any worse, no shedding. Will take proper photos and compare to baseline at around 3 or 4 months. Feeling optimistic.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im thinking of switching to dutasteride, my scalp is getting really itchy, just 6 months into my finasteride, use nizoral 3x a week and alpecin on off days. Itching is DHT attacking the follicles right? got mad burning and itching before i realized the extent of my hairloss and started finasteride, thought i was ok, but the itch is back, no burning sensation though.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:

I found a compounding pharmacy that made me a 10% minoxidil solution along with 0.1% dutasteride compounded into it. As a result, I reduced my oral avodart usage to every other day. Still taking finasteride daily. No improvement in hair.

Idk about your temples but your can hardly look better (from your profile pic)

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im thinking of switching to dutasteride, my scalp is getting really itchy, just 6 months into my finasteride, use nizoral 3x a week and alpecin on off days. Itching is DHT attacking the follicles right? got mad burning and itching before i realized the extent of my hairloss and started finasteride, thought i was ok, but the itch is back, no burning sensation though.

You can get itch from using noziral if you use it too much too.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it’s getting a little bit better, shedding has decreased, a lot of small hair on the hairline. Will keep you updated...

Well there you f*****g go. That's fantastic. And it's only been what, 8 months right? I'm interested in seeing the 1 year mark. I'll keep getting back to you once a month. I have faith.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score

There is no proof itching has anything to do with DHT.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no proof itching has anything to do with DHT.

It's gone away now anyway, don't know why it returned. My itch was localized to where my hair fell out(my crown) so i always made the assumption it had something to do with it. Thanks for the clarification that it doesn't.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's gone away now anyway, don't know why it returned. My itch was localized to where my hair fell out(my crown) so i always made the assumption it had something to do with it. Thanks for the clarification that it doesn't.

It may have something to do with hair loss but there is no evidence it is DHT that causes an itch.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well there you f*****g go. That's fantastic. And it's only been what, 8 months right? I'm interested in seeing the 1 year mark. I'll keep getting back to you once a month. I have faith.

Thanks man. Yeah, 9 months... Hopefully it’s not just a peach fuzz and some of the hair will go terminal.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It may have something to do with hair loss but there is no evidence it is DHT that causes an itch.

Just because we haven’t found a link does not mean it does not exist. And I doubt a lot of research went into it.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just because we haven’t found a link does not mean it does not exist. And I doubt a lot of research went into it.

There is no proven link. I think the crawling/itching does signal hair loss though I am dubious that it has anything to do with DHT. I got that crawling sensation and hair loss with Rogaine foam (all over even the sides) whereas when I stopped it, it was gone. It did not increase DHT while using the foam.

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I don't think itching has anything to do with male pattern baldness. I always had the so called "male pattern baldness itch", even before male pattern baldness kicked in. I still have the itch, even though I have stabilisation, thickness and regrowth with dutas.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I don't think itching has anything to do with male pattern baldness. I always had the so called "male pattern baldness itch", even before male pattern baldness kicked in. I still have the itch, even though I have stabilisation, thickness and regrowth with dutas.
how long you been on dutas? Regrowth on the temples?