Starting Dutasteride Today- Wish Me Luck.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rate of hairloss slowed to what extent btw? Still shedding crazy or mild now?

I was shedding around 60-80 hairs a day. Now it's more like 20-30. I don't think it's getting any worse.

But my temples and hairline are damaged. Hope at least something comes back.

Sjj

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, so after quitting minoxidil 10% ( it was burning my scalp, I think it was the propylene glycol ) I had a MASSIVE shed, and I'm currently Norwood 2.5, bordering on the edge of NW3. I was originally going to do both dutasteride and oral Spyro (i'm a bit crazy) but after thinking about it I have decided to take just the dutasteride 0.5 mg every day. I'm also currently continuing with finasteride 1mg, as the dutasteride will take a while to impact my hair and I want to be protected until then. So my current regimen is 1mg finasteride every day, and 0.5mg dutasteride every day. I plan on giving dutasteride one full year
Alright, so after quitting minoxidil 10% ( it was burning my scalp, I think it was the propylene glycol ) I had a MASSIVE shed, and I'm currently Norwood 2.5, bordering on the edge of NW3. I was originally going to do both dutasteride and oral Spyro (i'm a bit crazy) but after thinking about it I have decided to take just the dutasteride 0.5 mg every day. I'm also currently continuing with finasteride 1mg, as the dutasteride will take a while to impact my hair and I want to be protected until then. So my current regimen is 1mg finasteride every day, and 0.5mg dutasteride every day. I plan on giving dutasteride one full year to work.

So my questions are:

1. Has anyone been on dutasteride for AT LEAST one year who can share their experience?

2. Does anyone know where I can get LEGIT 15% minoxidil concentrations? I want to give it another shot only with a higher dosage and with glycerin as the main vehicle so my scalp doesn't feel like a match has been lit to it. I can't find 15% anywhere. I live in the US so minoxidil max isn't an option.

Thanks in advance!

to work.

So my questions are:

1. Has anyone been on dutasteride for AT LEAST one year who can share their experience?

2. Does anyone know where I can get LEGIT 15% minoxidil concentrations? I want to give it another shot only with a higher dosage and with glycerin as the main vehicle so my scalp doesn't feel like a match has been lit to it. I can't find 15% anywhere. I live in the US so minoxidil max isn't an
What are you basing this off of?

Sjj

My Regimen
Reaction score
New member here. Quit finasteride & started dutasteride 0.5 daily on August 1st. I’d been on finasteride since 1998, 20 years & kept what I had. I wanted to see if dutasteride would regrow rather than just maintain. Less than 3 weeks in & I've started shedding. Has anyone here been on dutasteride & shed & had good regrowth?
Thanks.

Last edited:

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New member here. Quit finasteride & started dutasteride 0.5 daily on August 1st. I’d been on finasteride since 1998, 20 years & kept what I had. I wanted to see if dutasteride would regrow rather than just maintain. Less than 3 weeks in & I've started shedding. Has anyone here been on dutasteride & shed & had good regrow this?
Thanks.

If I get on finasteride, will it mess my hair density up? 20yrs old

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New member here. Quit finasteride & started dutasteride 0.5 daily on August 1st. I’d been on finasteride since 1998, 20 years & kept what I had. I wanted to see if dutasteride would regrow rather than just maintain. Less than 3 weeks in & I've started shedding. Has anyone here been on dutasteride & shed & had good regrow this?
Thanks.

I haven't seen a lot of success stories of long-term finasteride users switching to dutasteride. Expecting regrowth is in my opinion just too much. Dutasteride is better than finasteride, but not that much.

Sjj

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't seen a lot of success stories of long-term finasteride users switching to dutasteride. Expecting regrowth is in my opinion just too much. Dutasteride is better than finasteride, but not that much.

Have you ever made the switch or read about people switching? Is it normal to shed when switching?

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever made the switch or read about people switching? Is it normal to shed when switching?

Yeah, I was on finasteride for 7 or 8 years. Switched to dutasteride 9 months ago, because finasteride was not maintaining anymore. I don't want to scare you ( I don't believe that happens to majority TBH ) but my hairline got destroyed pretty badly. Still hoping that my hair on the hairline comes back. If not, I'm fucked.

Sjj

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I was on finasteride for 7 or 8 years. Switched to dutasteride 9 months ago, because finasteride was not maintaining anymore. I don't want to scare you ( I don't believe that happens to majority TBH ) but my hairline got destroyed pretty badly. Still hoping that my hair on the hairline comes back. If not, I'm fucked.

What’s TBH? Sorry, I’m new to these abbreviations.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Just please don't stop posting if things improve. Long term posts on dutasteride are unbelievably rare, as you know.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. Thanks. When you say “ I don't believe that happens to majority” do you mean your hairline being destroyed?

Yes. You also need to know that the experiences of people here are biased and skewed. I don't know why would someone be here if he does not have a hair loss problem. So no panic, just be aware. Studies are out, dutasteride is better than finasteride for hair and that's for sure.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just please don't stop posting if things improve. Long term posts on dutasteride are unbelievably rare, as you know.

Oh no worries, I will be here unless I get killed by #brotzuGang because I'm using finasteride or I get banned somehow :D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sjj

Sjj

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. You also need to know that the experiences of people here are biased and skewed. I don't know why would someone be here if he does not have a hair loss problem. So no panic, just be aware. Studies are out, dutasteride is better than finasteride for hair and that's for sure.

Thanks for answering my questions. Obviously when I hear someone switched from finasteride to dutasteride & lost hair at the hairline I get nervous. Let’s try to communicate to rah other every now & then & update each other. I’m in a different situation than you since I’m 52 years old.