Reality check for bald or balding folks here

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
So now you’re a psychologist. Great. I know a thing or two. There is cognitive behavioral therapy for minor obsessive non-threatening matters such as hair loss and body dysmorphia which this forum is full of. Don’t worry, I’ve been where you are. I’ve even ran my fingers through my scalp in the front pretending I have hair while looking in the mirror. I get it. However, there is a difference between being bald and balding. Same way there is a difference between crying for hair strands demanding a cure, being selectively deaf against reason and reality in general. That’s why I said reality check. If you have a problem with how you look, it’s your problem. If you have a problem with anyone contradicting your opinion, your problem again. Just because you are not the soyboy with long platinum hair posing on Instagram doesn’t mean you’re doomed. You are crying for nothing. You’re a privileged grown healthy man who can live a happy life and all that stands in the way is your stupid views. It’s annoying because many others do not get that privilege, they have a TON of bad stuff happen to them and yet they smile and move on. If you think a hairline would make you happy for life, you’re wrong. It won’t. It will give you a very temporary serotonin boost my friend, until reality hits you hard, because life is a lot more than hair. You’ll find that new stuff occupy your mind, stuff that can bring you down. Stuff you’re not ready for because you haven’t trained yourself. Bad situations will bring you to your knees because you aren’t used to them. Most crying balding people here have shrunk their life anyways to their safe space. Assuming I put hair on your head, you will go out the next day with a smile but reality will hit you hard. That’s why I say reality check. I’m not doubting the positive aspect of putting hair back to your head (even though most of you DO have hair just fine). I’m saying it won’t be the problem solver you make it to be. Especially for someone with body dysmorphia or a narcissist, it won’t do much. You will just move on to the next “flaw” you need to fix and it never ends. That’s why I say “love yourself how u are” and move the f on.
Every little thing you say is an attempt to annoy. Nothing but a desperate cry for attention. And a lot of projection too.

Anyway, you don't know me, I've already lost my hair a long time ago. You can't even preach to me cuz I'm an OG in this hair loss sh*t. Better bow down and talk to me with respect, cuz I'm your big daddy, you little prick.

Ok now seriously. I have friends and hobbies too. I always say that there's more to life than hair and women. However acting like balding can't affect how others perceive you and that it's all in your head is straight goofy sh*t.

There was a random comment on The Daily Mail expressing fear that Prince William's popularity has declined ONLY BECAUSE he lost his hair. It received so many likes that it turned into the top comment of the article, and a lot of women and men who are "normies" (not hair obsessed) have shown agreement in the replies too.

not_bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every little thing you say is an attempt to annoy. Nothing but a desperate cry for attention. And a lot of projection too.

Anyway, you don't know me, I've already lost my hair a long time ago. You can't even preach to me cuz I'm an OG in this hair loss sh*t. Better bow down and talk to me with respect, cuz I'm your big daddy, you little prick.

Ok now seriously. I have friends and hobbies too. I always say that there's more to life than hair and women. However acting like balding can't affect how others perceive you and that it's all in your head is straight goofy sh*t.

There was a random comment on The Daily Mail expressing fear that Prince William's popularity has declined ONLY BECAUSE he lost his hair. It received so many likes that it turned into the top comment of the article, and a lot of women and men who are "normies" (not hair obsessed) have shown agreement in the replies too.

We will have to agree to disagree. Have a great day.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
You do not get it. Let me explain it. You are in denial about everything and because hair loss is literally nothing, you’re fine. Try being in denial if you have insomnia about something that keeps your nervous system on fight or flight 24/7, for example. See how that works out for you.

The point is hair loss isn’t even your issue. It’s a bucket for tears. It’s not your long awaited cure, it’s your excuse to avoid stuff and demand pity. You can’t understand the harm you do to yourself now but you will one day.
There are infinitely worse conditions out there than insomnia, does that mean that people with insomnia can't complain?

Hair loss is my issue lol. I mean, I can deal with the hair I have (NW2.5 with some thinning, guess I fall into the meme of someone with relatively minor hair loss joining a hair loss forum lol), but the issue is I don't want to be bald. It is not a look that I want, especially at a young age. Of course there are worse things, but hair loss in itself is a bad thing, and is an issue in itself.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no trolling. For example, you may experience any number of complications with sleep. Should you ever do so, you will find out that it is an actual torture. Medication withdrawal is the same. Imagine having IBS, multiple sclerosis, cancer, or perhaps a tumor. Want something more simple? Imagine a polyp in your intestines, requiring a surgery. Imagine nerve damage anywhere in the body causing pain. Imagine cranial hypertension or constant tinnitus. Or perhaps neck pain from whiplash. Imagine atopic dermatitis in your scalp from food allergy or exposure to radiation. Yes those are all real things that happen to more people than you think of. They can happen to you. Some can completely mess up your nervous system, send you to meds or make you nuts. You will suffer.

Do you understand how tiny your concern for hair loss looks? In what imaginary world did any of you bots think that companies would invest millions to cure your obsession?

Picture Tsuji and Riken and let’s assume it still was on. You sit here typing “so many bald people will pay”. Do you have any idea how many people would pay for limbs and organs instead? For medication for schizophrenia? High bp?

ACTUAL diseases. Hair loss is part of life, it will never be cured mate. All you got is some 1970’s pills & lotions, along with cosmetic approaches.

Good luck
okay we get it we have it worse than 90% of people not 99 lol. Still have it bad especially guys like myself

And i have stomach issues myself, gluten sensitivity and probable ibs constipation.theres things that can actually improve it unlike baldness lol. That arent like 15 thousand f*****g dollars

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You do not get it. Let me explain it. You are in denial about everything and because hair loss is literally nothing, you’re fine. Try being in denial if you have insomnia about something that keeps your nervous system on fight or flight 24/7, for example. See how that works out for you.

The point is hair loss isn’t even your issue. It’s a bucket for tears. It’s not your long awaited cure, it’s your excuse to avoid stuff and demand pity. You can’t understand the harm you do to yourself now but you will one day.
I literally have generalizdd anxiety disorder. Hair loss is a hundred times worse. At least things can be done about anxiety

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Exodus2011 off-topic, but what is your profile picture and where does it come from?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I also don't quite know where the line is drawn of things that warrant feeling depressed about.

I can think of many worse diseases and conditions than hair loss. But this is exactly why this condition has been swept under the rug, so to speak, by society for so long.

Because it is considered to be "just cosmetic", people dismissed it as just trivial. This was a largely valid argument though. Medicine was not advanced and largely trial and error, life expectancies were lower, more wars, ways to die. Hair loss certainly falls very low on the totem pole.

We are living in 2020 though. Where superficiality and looks rule supreme, and marketing yourself through social media and the internet in general is king. You can say, well, screw that, I'm not going to participate in this world.

It doesn't really work like that though. You can check out of mainstream society but people are largely herd creatures. Once the can of worms has been opened it'll take a generational time period of "reprogramming" to redefine what is normal and what isn't. Sit out of the game if you want, but life will pass you by, there is no pause button, certainly no rewind button.

This is outside of the scope of this thread, but all of these things are intertwined.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
How are these social media companies obtaining these valuations of hundreds of billions, if not close to a trillion dollars? You think companies like these will just "go away" because someone standing on their soapbox tells people they're stupid?

Why is the makeup industry valued at multiple billions? The fitness industry? The fashion industry? Sure, you could say, well it's biological that women need to focus on this more, as it is thought that men mostly prioritize a women's appearance for attraction.

Women, however, are not too dissimilar in 2020 from men. They have their own careers, their own incomes. They can obtain many things in life that they could not in previous generations. And they can do all this while enjoying the gateway of the internet with hundreds of suitors just a click away. Why would they not go for the guy they find most attractive, if they have their other bases covered? Not a bad deal at all for them, but for guys, it presents new challenges that other generations did not have.

Divorce rates are over 50%. Losing half your assets and then going back out onto the field isn't as easy when you are a Norwood 6, and with child support bills to pay. But remember, being bald doesn't mean anything is over by any means, we are talking about averages and probabilities here.

How do you think your odds will change?

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score

I still dong forget this news. For a woman baldness at a young age can lead her to suicide. Because the chances of finding parterners are pretty much over for a bald women. And even males have committed suicide because the impact is just so huge. It alters the self esteem and image which is the base of mental health for any human being.And for people who are beautiful it's like a day and night difference in their lives.And people here are trying to get convinced it does not matter.Shame.

Last edited:

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a really good message for anyone enduring balding at a young age, but unfortunately their are a few 1st world cucks that spam this forum who actually believe there lives are over because of hair recession. Lol there are people living in the worst imaginable circumstances that have less of a victim mentality then the incels here.
But nah hair and having a chad jawline is 99% of what makes up an attractive human being bros

You're right , but you see it first hand living in the country with the biggest wealth disparity in the world. Most of us don't know how lucky we are to be living in the situations we're in. Even without hair.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Thi
Hello to everyone here.

I will keep this very short.

Treat your obsession / depression for hair loss and not hair loss itself. Go to a proper psychiatrist and leave ego at the door. Accept that you are losing hair or have lost your hair, buzz it or shave it, then move on.

The psychiatrist, along with medication and cognitive behavioral therapy will help dive deeper into the real issue that manifests as hair loss.

Do not lose your precious years over something no one cares about except yourself and perhaps a few unfortunate superficial people you bump into.

You won’t be able to do this yourself. Psychiatrist, medication, behavioral therapy, time and - if you have the privilege - support from your loved ones.

There won’t be any cure. There won’t be any treatment. I the only obstacle standing between the current “you” and the future version of “you”, free from all of this, is your brain.

I’d also like to mention that hair loss is a laughable “disease”, once you break from your shell and find out what actually goes on in the world. Or if you are unfortunate enough to experience an actual “bad” situation that - I promise you - will erase your balding concern in spectacular fashion.

Get treated. Be free. You are worth a lot more than your hair. Also, since a hot issue here is finding a female partner, you will be amazed at how many females are single at your age. This will be part of CBT but in short, going out and becoming a sociable person - along with medication and avoiding bad stimuli - guarantees success.

Have a great day.
This is the worst advice on this site I’ve ever seen. Your hair is a massive part of attracting women and being in your prime. Losing your hair young is bad because it’s the first sign of your own mortality. Your advice is like saying “stop going to the gym, just rock the dad bod mate...” lol

Netsky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thi

This is the worst advice on this site I’ve ever seen. Your hair is a massive part of attracting women and being in your prime. Losing your hair young is bad because it’s the first sign of your own mortality. Your advice is like saying “stop going to the gym, just rock the dad bod mate...” lol
Anyone çan go to the gym and keep in shape. You don't need to accept being overweight but to some extent you do need to accept baldness

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone çan go to the gym and keep in shape. You don't need to accept being overweight but to some extent you do need to accept baldness
I don’t think everyone has to accept baldness. If you catch it early on you can take Dutasteride and even get a hair transplant. There are preventative measures, costly but preventable.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think everyone has to accept baldness. If you catch it early on you can take Dutasteride and even get a hair transplant. There are preventative measures, costly but preventable.
Well you see that would be true if treatments would have 100% success rate and were side effect free. Hair transplant is only an option if you have mild hair loss and meds can stop it. Fue or FUT scars look really bad when the head is shaved or buzzed. A bad hair transplant looks way worse than NW7 or a buzzed or shaved head. Everyone would be on dutasteride if it had very low side effect rate but it doesn't. Also there are people who lose hair on dutasteride + AA's.
There is even a guy who used to post here used lupron, dutasteride, estradiol, oral min, bicalutamide and he was still losing hair.

Also you are forgetting many people will not want to use medication for a cosmetic reason.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
Well you see that would be true if treatments would have 100% success rate and were side effect free. Hair transplant is only an option if you have mild hair loss and meds can stop it. Fue or FUT scars look really bad when the head is shaved or buzzed. A bad hair transplant looks way worse than NW7 or a buzzed or shaved head. Everyone would be on dutasteride if it had very low side effect rate but it doesn't. Also there are people who lose hair on dutasteride + AA's.
There is even a guy who used to post here used lupron, dutasteride, estradiol, oral min, bicalutamide and he was still losing hair.

Also you are forgetting many people will not want to use medication for a cosmetic reason.
See euginix india results on youtube they are making Norwood seven to Norwood 1. Whenever I see their result I am like whats the need of finastride.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Realizing that you are worth more than your hair is not incompatible with nevertheless wanting to preserve it as much as you can.
Everybody is different. I know someone who went to NW7 in his early twenties and never had any problems accepting the fact. That is great. But for other people it’s more in their nature to want to go down fighting. For me it is.

And, speaking as a woman, no psychiatrist in the world could ever convince me to abandon treatments and go for antidepressants instead.

For a lot of people, being on this forum and looking into treatments will also be a necessary step towards some kind of acceptance.
I don't why is so hard for this people to understand why people Care about hairloss.

Carrying about hairloss = desire to look your best = means you care about yourself = realizing your worth

Life is short, so is your young years. We have Very little time to try enjoying It and making the best out If It. Carrying about how we look is part of being Young.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score

But these things work for some people, like myself. I’ve been on dutasteride for a year and had zero sides with good results, I’d rather take the meds and at least try to keep my hair at 24 which seems to be working than just give up. I also still have a full head of hair so there was added motivation to keep what I have rather than just accept male pattern baldness as I caught it early. Also the benefit I get from taking the drug will be exponentially better than someone who is already a Norwood 4 for example. Baldness is not as cut and dry as you put it if the person is inclined enough and doesn’t have a very aggressive form of male pattern baldness.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
But these things work for some people, like myself. I’ve been on dutasteride for a year and had zero sides with good results, I’d rather take the meds and at least try to keep my hair at 24 which seems to be working than just give up. I also still have a full head of hair so there was added motivation to keep what I have rather than just accept male pattern baldness as I caught it early. Also the benefit I get from taking the drug will be exponentially better than someone who is already a Norwood 4 for example. Baldness is not as cut and dry as you put it if the person is inclined enough and doesn’t have a very aggressive form of male pattern baldness.
I buzz the sides and back with no guard and you can't see any scars after 2 FUE's, dude was spreading misinformation and speculation he needs to stop. Even if you're norwood 5 as long as it bothers you it's best to try and treat it some way with a smart strategy than just stay miserable.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
When we say we dont care about shallow things like looks , we are essentially implying we dont care about our looks till they drop to a certain minimum where we start to really care. And similarly we need a partner with basic minimum looks. But here people are saying bald does not matter only because they are not Norwood 6 yet. Before telling anyone that looks dont matter for our self esteem after reading the so called self help books , appreciate this subtle difference and take into account the idea of minimum looks required for an individual going below which he will feel depressed.

Last edited: