Reality check for bald or balding folks here

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
My mental health has already improved tenfold since when I was bald. So I'm a living proof that it's not "all in your head".
Bit off topic.Do u think the illusion of your hair transplant is pretty much how ur original hair was? What do they mean when they say that hair transplant gives a illusion of full head of hair? Is it an illusion of mere coverage or is it an illusion of that of how original hair looked like?if it's the latter, then it's amazing that we can look like our previous selves from distance atleast.

not_bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Insomnia you consider a real disease but not baldness? Lmao
Yes and your response clearly shows you haven’t experienced it.

And that’s the point. You’re 10-20 dudes just rambling about some google finds and some future lotions while at the same time criticizing the rest of the world from your shell. The kid who goes on Reddit with a smile saying he’s free is “coping”. The dude who shaves his head is “camouflaging”. The dude who is happy while being bald is “delusional”. The dude who wants to pursue more in life than obsessing with hair loss is a “fool”. The guys who are bald and have a healthy life - sex included - are “the lucky ones”. The kid with alopecia totalis who’s smiling and moves on with his life is “dying inside”.

Is it that far-fetched to claim that you’re all in need of medical and mental help? Its understandable that hair may be important to you but it isn’t a reason to lose your most precious years for nothing.

Take action, it’s EASY to get out of this compared to other much more serious mental issues. You can do it.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
- there are people out there with actual bad diseases, such as multiple sclerosis, or psychological diseases such as insomnia
kjhgf.gif

whatintheworld

Reaction score
OP, there's no need to run hypothetical thought experiments, try it out yourself.

Go to the barber and ask for a Norwood 7 haircut, or shave your head and get some makeup/concealer to smudge out your hairline completely.

Spend a few weeks like this, and report back how it goes!

not_bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, there's no need to run hypothetical thought experiments, try it out yourself.

Go to the barber and ask for a Norwood 7 haircut, or shave your head and get some makeup/concealer to smudge out your hairline completely.

Spend a few weeks like this, and report back how it goes!

I lost my hair at 16, via a great case of Hashimoto and I slept all day as a result, couldn’t move my body from point A to B. I shave my hair for years or buzz it, I’m on the Norwood 6 category with high bridges (sides). Ive had something much worse occur to me which gave me a new perspective. I’m actively fighting the real issues, some of which manifested as hair loss. For example, the fear of being made fun of, reluctant to meet old friends and dates because I thought they would comment negatively on how much I’ve changed for the worse, I can go on and on. This is a “truth”, a reality that we alone craft. It doesn’t represent the actual reality. It doesn’t represent how people really see us. That’s what the psychiatrist told me. Hair loss is real and so can be our frustration but we should not let it manifest because then we create a vicious cycle of negative thoughts, loneliness, stress, depression and we miss out on a lot that we should not be missing.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bit off topic.Do u think the illusion of your hair transplant is pretty much how ur original hair was? What do they mean when they say that hair transplant gives a illusion of full head of hair? Is it an illusion of mere coverage or is it an illusion of that of how original hair looked like?if it's the latter, then it's amazing that we can look like our previous selves from distance atleast.
It's a lot thinner and less flexible than my real hair, pretty much set in stone to be directed upwards and to the side (pretty much the only way my hair looks somewhat "full"), but that's not a bad thing and the only disadvantage is that I can't try different hairstyles. Otherwise it's pretty much the same. When I condition it it becomes super soft just like how my real hair was. When I grow it longer it starts getting wavy like how my hair was too.. but right now I keep it short because of the bald spot on the crown. After the transplant maybe I'll try to grow it out one more time and see how that works. With longer hair I look younger and more easy-going but short hair looks fine on me.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I lost my hair at 16, via a great case of Hashimoto and I slept all day as a result, couldn’t move my body from point A to B. I shave my hair for years or buzz it, I’m on the Norwood 6 category with high bridges (sides). Ive had something much worse occur to me which gave me a new perspective. I’m actively fighting the real issues, some of which manifested as hair loss. For example, the fear of being made fun of, reluctant to meet old friends and dates because I thought they would comment negatively on how much I’ve changed for the worse, I can go on and on. This is a “truth”, a reality that we alone craft. It doesn’t represent the actual reality. It doesn’t represent how people really see us. That’s what the psychiatrist told me. Hair loss is real and so can be our frustration but we should not let it manifest because then we create a vicious cycle of negative thoughts, loneliness, stress, depression and we miss out on a lot that we should not be missing.
I am sorry to hear about your health issues, I hope things are getting better.

I think it goes without saying that everyone here would prefer being bald to getting a life threatening illness, paralysis, becoming deaf/blind, etc.

I don't think that's a very useful argument though. Because, in my opinion, being bald (and I mean Norwood 6/7 people with DUPA, so they aren't even transplant candidates) is still worse than many other things in life.

It is certainly wise to count one's blessings, but how realistic is it to be thankful I am not a war refugee, or starving in a third world country, or serving a lifelong prison sentence?

I am thankful that I am none of these things, but they are so far removed from my everyday life that it doesn't make much sense to think about them.

not_bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your health issues, I hope things are getting better.

I think it goes without saying that everyone here would prefer being bald to getting a life threatening illness, paralysis, becoming deaf/blind, etc.

I don't think that's a very useful argument though. Because, in my opinion, being bald (and I mean Norwood 6/7 people with DUPA, so they aren't even transplant candidates) is still worse than many other things in life.

It is certainly wise to count one's blessings, but how realistic is it to be thankful I am not a war refugee, or starving in a third world country, or serving a lifelong prison sentence?

I am thankful that I am none of these things, but they are so far removed from my everyday life that it doesn't make much sense to think about them.

Everyone here deserves more than being stuck in a balding depressive state. You can do much more. It will suck at first but it gets better with time.

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was talking about OP not you lol, you misinterpreted my post

"Not to mention that he's another weirdo who.."
Ohh my bad I guess my mind is trying to force a narrative on me here sorry lol.I should probably delete yeah.
I do think this not_bald guy is just genuinely trying to help though after reading all the current threads in the Impact of Hair Less section must of found his calling as a psychologist over night

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Everyone here deserves more than being stuck in a balding depressive state. You can do much more. It will suck at first but it gets better with time.
I agree with this. I mean, even when bald, I can still do pretty much everything in life that I would want to do regardless. I think mostly everyone else can to.

I think most guys here care about the social aspect, particularly towards dating. Also professionally maybe if you are in sales or client facing roles. Beyond these things, it shouldn't in theory affect your life at all.

But the first one, particularly dating, is a huge issue that can't be overlooked so easily.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even those who accepted it are not free of thinking about it. All bald guys are ashamed of their situation. Some cope better some not. Height and face play a big difference here

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's pretty selfish, now if you have male kids they will likely have pattern baldness. You are just making more suffering like that.
Is it? I had a girl. But even if I had a boy and if he started balding the same time I did, he's got 30 years for technology to advance, and my advice. Hair loss was the #1 thing on my mind for a few years there, now its probably #6 or 7. It doesn't matter what happens to me now, male pattern baldness failed at the one thing it was meant to do - end my genetic line.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with this. I mean, even when bald, I can still do pretty much everything in life that I would want to do regardless. I think mostly everyone else can to.

I think most guys here care about the social aspect, particularly towards dating. Also professionally maybe if you are in sales or client facing roles. Beyond these things, it shouldn't in theory affect your life at all.

But the first one, particularly dating, is a huge issue that can't be overlooked so easily.
Baldness= end of dating game .

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love it when people try to preach "no one cares about your hair loss but yourself!", yes, no one but yourself and 95% of the women out there.
so if you don't care about dating- you're set!

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
I can not give a bigger example than this . Jordan peterson, thought to be the most prominent phychiatrist of our times went through a hair transplant. This shows people who are telling their patients that looks are shallow themselves care about it and that too at the age of 50 plus. That too after fame and money. Why ? Because phychiatrists are also human at the end of the day. Wonder why he did not opt for his so called anti depressants and rather had hair transplant. Why ge could not convince himself that looks are shallow and he need not care?why he could not follow the best advice given by self help books and phychiatrists?Why did he not shave it off then?
And the person who started this thread can show this to his phychiatrist should his phychiatrist tells him hair does not matter. Because there is no f*****g way it does not matter.Lmao

Last edited:

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can not give a bigger example than this . Jordan peterson, thought to be the most prominent phychiatrist of our times went through a hair transplant. This shows people who are telling their patients that looks are shallow themselves care about it and that too at the age of 50 plus. That too after fame and money. Why ? Because phychiatrists are also human at the end of the day. Wonder why he did not opt for his so called anti depressants and rather had hair transplant. Why ge could not convince himself that looks are shallow and he need not care?why he could not follow the best advice given by self help books and phychiatrists?Why did he not shave it off then?
And the person who started this thread can show this to his phychiatrist should his phychiatrist tells him hair does not matter. Because there is no f*****g way it does not matter.Lmao
His transplanted hairline is bad. Looks too straight and artificial. The fact he lies about it is just.. if someone asked me, I'd tell them I had a transplant. Nothing to be ashamed of, it's 2020.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a lot thinner and less flexible than my real hair, pretty much set in stone to be directed upwards and to the side (pretty much the only way my hair looks somewhat "full"), but that's not a bad thing and the only disadvantage is that I can't try different hairstyles. Otherwise it's pretty much the same. When I condition it it becomes super soft just like how my real hair was. When I grow it longer it starts getting wavy like how my hair was too.. but right now I keep it short because of the bald spot on the crown. After the transplant maybe I'll try to grow it out one more time and see how that works. With longer hair I look younger and more easy-going but short hair looks fine on me.
I asked this because the volume at the front of my head was a major part of my confidence and looks. So if I dont get the same volume with 40 percent density that they use in a transplant , I would not be much happy. I would rather have a bald thinning crown with good front. I dont like flat hairline like leonardo decaprios but rather like wavy dense and puffy hairlines because they feel like crown of a king unless its a buzz cut which takes away that volume. Somehow I think that volume has to do more with the texture and type of hair than hair density. For instance people who have silky fine hair would always have hairlines flat to their heads even with 100 percent density like leonardo.see the two types of hairlines that I am talking about one is flat hairline like leonardo other is dense hairline like shahrukh khan , I love his hair. Do u think shahrukh khan can look similar to what he looks here even with a 40 percent hair density should he style his hair in the best possible way?
1605609478083.png

1605609617852.png