Prolactin "minitherapy" with SMI-1 (novel protocol for lowering prolactin locally)

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah nice. Well I'm 22, so I doubt that hair has been gone for 10 years haha

Also just to clarify since I'm not in the discord, what is the price for 1 years supply of SMI at the dosage you guys are taking? Do you guys plan on taking it for a full year?

I read with the BAY antibody the monkeys only had treatment for 6 months and the results last a long time (years?). Is it the same with SMI?
For one year on topical at 1%, I'd say 4 or 5 grams if you apply on the whole scalp. But it's unclear: what volume applied ? Once or twice a day ? etc... For 1 year of oral at 120mg daily it's something like 44grams.
I plan to do 1 year on 1.25% topical twice a day. And then not being on anything until I lose ground again.

Yeah on Bay hair lasted 2 years iirc after treatment discontinuation(maybe more), but we don't for SMI, we have to do the empirical observation ourselves.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on 5mg/day as I diluted 25mg in a 4mL batch that lasts me 5 days (applying 0.8mL/day). I switched to 50mg Wednesday so 10mg/day now. I'd say even 4 grams can cover that :cool:
From my calculations 4 grams is sufficient if we apply 0.8mL of 1.25%. Maybe slightly more as we always waste some when applying, quantify the smi,... that's not negligeable.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If thats the case, and if you dont need any custom vehicle, we only need photos for massive adoption. Domt get me wrong, i want this to work, as i am on the same boat, but lack of pictures and some similarities with private forum practices are worrying.
Yes photos from this latest group buy are going to make or break this, hopefully its a success but we shall see

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I realize Pegasus is trolling the troll now, but to everyone else, he's saying things he knows are not true and then having a laugh when you get pissed off and respond to him. In brief, he's trolling. Please stop responding to him. Half of the posts from the last pages are his posts or people responding to him.

And also, what does it take to get banned around here??

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For one year on topical at 1%, I'd say 4 or 5 grams if you apply on the whole scalp. But it's unclear: what volume applied ? Once or twice a day ? etc... For 1 year of oral at 120mg daily it's something like 44grams.
I plan to do 1 year on 1.25% topical twice a day. And then not being on anything until I lose ground again.

Yeah on Bay hair lasted 2 years iirc after treatment discontinuation(maybe more), but we don't for SMI, we have to do the empirical observation ourselves.
Is it about 10 bucks a gram right now? Even with the oral route it's not super expensive, about 500 bucks a year.

Is there a reason you're going topical (other than cost)? Worried about sides etc?

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WTF you delusional. I stopped minoxidil 3 weeks ago, microneedling 3 months ago. SMI only since I stopped minoxidil. I never used finasteride, dutasteride or ketoconazole.

And that's some HRT-like results.
HRT result ?! Are you nuts? I have seen ppl on minoxidil alone get better result!

HRT results are gaining few NWs in matter of 6-7 months. This is gaining alittle bit hair on tempels. Nothing crazy yet. Im happy its works tho , definetly not a scam BUT we still need to see more then 1 person , to know if its not just hyper responder case

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it about 10 bucks a gram right now? Even with the oral route it's not super expensive, about 500 bucks a year.

Is there a reason you're going topical (other than cost)? Worried about sides etc?
No it's 30$/g currently. I don't have a lot of money (student) + I'm worried about my liver and kidneys so I prefer the topical route.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
HRT result ?! Are you nuts? I have seen ppl on minoxidil alone get better result!

HRT results are gaining few NWs in matter of 6-7 months. This is gaining alittle bit hair on tempels. Nothing crazy yet. Im happy its works tho , definetly not a scam BUT we still need to see more then 1 person , to know if its not just hyper responder case
Yeah minoxidil can regrow hair like this, but after 5 to 6 months. This result is a little less than 2 months.
Same thing for HRT results. Yes they regrow entire NWs, but after 6 to 7 months. What about the 2 months mark ?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah minoxidil can regrow hair like this, but after 5 to 6 months. This result is a little less than 2 months.
Same thing for HRT results. Yes they regrow entire NWs, but after 6 to 7 months. What about the 2 months mark ?
Also, how many per 100.000 minoxidil user gets these results? SMI doesn’t have this user base.

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone concerned about long-term sides? By what mechanism were the macaques still growing hair after discontinuation of the drug, isn't it just a receptor blocker?

Johnson40

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any shedding with it? Good indicator of what is the practical mechanism of the treatment.

Johnson40

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also i may have missed it, but anyone explained why this treatment instead of other drugs for hyperprolactinemia?
Seeing as you guys no longer use it topically.

SepesuDandi

My Regimen
Reaction score
To clarify, does SMI effect prolactin levels throughout the entire body or is it strictly intrafollicular prolactin? Also, between the topical or oral administration what users are seeing the most benefits currently?

Like others here are saying, it's a good thing we've found another potential mechanism of action. I never had much doubt that small molecules would be a likely candidate for a "cure" or something close to it. I have so many questions...

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm worried about my liver and kidneys so I prefer the topical route.
What specifically are the concerns here? Are you worried about your liver and kidneys not being able to process the drug?
The only way to inhibit prolactin signaling is to block the prolactin receptor
So oral SMI prevents prolactin from binding to receptors all over the body including hair follicles? What are the consequences of this (positive and negative)? Would it theoretically increase the amount of circulating prolactin - does that have any consequences?

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ppl here getting crazy for a guy that got little regorwth on temple in 2 month.

he might be hyper responder
He might lose the gains after few months.
He might be the only responder out of the groupbuy.

everyone here need to chill and wait before spending tons of money on it.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes this will sink or swim based on the next set of results. Let's wait and see

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ppl here getting crazy for a guy that got little regorwth on temple in 2 month.

he might be hyper responder
He might lose the gains after few months.
He might be the only responder out of the groupbuy.

everyone here need to chill and wait before spending tons of money on it.

There were several guys on the discord who had/have decent results besides Gegen.
This mechanism seems to work, otherwise HopeMed would not have raised another 50+ million in their financing round. This is huge money for something cosmetical like hairloss.
Still we have to be cautious with possible side effects. The sample group is just too small to say there are no side effects in the long run.

Reactions: 300