Prolactin "minitherapy" with SMI-1 (novel protocol for lowering prolactin locally)

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any in vivo studies of SMI-6 (or any other molecule with same mechanism of action) for breast cancer or any other indication?

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Somewhere in this thread Pegasus mentioned that he has written why HMI is better than RU even though both achieved similiar results in macaques but I cannot find any such posts in the back pages of this thread.

Can anyone explain the difference between the two?

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like this is almost impossible not to work on us at least as good as finasteride is working and probably better than that. The question then would be if there would be any unwanted side effects be it serious or mild. Samumed never had even an ounce of this drug's potential.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like this is almost impossible not to work on us at least as good as finasteride is working and probably better than that. The question then would be if there would be any unwanted side effects be it serious or mild. Samumed never had even an ounce of this drug's potential.

Any side effects of this are an absolute benefit. Prolactin in men is absolutely trash. ED, low libido, gyno etc..

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
HMI has made it clear that the main reason they wanted the drug rights from Bayer was for the indication of Androgenetic Alopecia. They also confirmed Androgenetic Alopecia ph2 trials enrolling this year in Australia. It won't take 6 months to enroll patients with Androgenetic Alopecia. There are millions of bald men for them to choose from. It's not like trying to find a cancer patient that is willing to take a risk

Can you provide the link for where Hope Medicine "confirmed Androgenetic Alopecia phase 2 trials enrolling this year in Australia" because I can't find anything on the internet stating that

Numerous_Bet_3027

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you provide the link for where Hope Medicine "confirmed Androgenetic Alopecia phase 2 trials enrolling this year in Australia" because I can't find anything on the internet stating that
This isn't available anymore, they have changed the article and removed the part that they will start this Summer. It was here:

Now the only confirmation we have from them is that phase 2 will start for multiple indications:
"HMI-115, a prolactin receptor antibody, has passed animal experiments and phase I clinical human studies, and will enter phase II trials in multiple indications in 2021."

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This isn't available anymore, they have changed the article and removed the part that they will start this Summer. It was here:

Now the only confirmation we have from them is that phase 2 will start for multiple indications:
"HMI-115, a prolactin receptor antibody, has passed animal experiments and phase I clinical human studies, and will enter phase II trials in multiple indications in 2021."

Thanks. That's unfortunate for us. Have they even done a Phase 1 in humans for Androgenetic Alopecia, since they were talking about Phase 2?

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't know the Phase 1 was conducted already for Androgenetic Alopecia*.. Can you link the study?
Phase 1 just measures safety, they don't look at results. For Kintor's topical AA/degrader they applied it on people's backs for phase 1.

Only issue I have with this phase 1 is that without males in the study, there could be surprises in the phase 2 when it's conducted on males. Otherwise the HMI drug seems pretty safe imo.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Phase 1 just measures safety, they don't look at results. For Kintor's topical AA/degrader they applied it on people's backs for phase 1.

Only issue I have with this phase 1 is that without males in the study, there could be surprises in the phase 2 when it's conducted on males. Otherwise the HMI drug seems pretty safe imo.

Exactly the reason I'm also concerned about the safety for males since they weren't in the safety study.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too concerned, there will be more then enough safety data from phase 2.
Can you pleite gute us the link about the Fact that only women participated in the Trial?

How is it passable that they can start a Phase 2 trial in men without even doing Phase 1 for them?
Which dangerous Effects could only happen in men but not in women in Phase 2?