My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, adding copper to zix may be a good idea as well. One bad thing about zinc is that it can deplete copper and cause a drop in estrogen which is not good in scalp tissue. Also copper has an effect on 5AR as well so why not

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, adding copper to zix may be a good idea as well. One bad thing about zinc is that it can deplete copper and cause a drop in estrogen which is not good in scalp tissue. Also copper has an effect on 5AR as well so why not
What form must the copper be? From a supplement?

Desolation

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just be careful of copper (atleast Copper taken orally). Copper raises Estrogen levels and Estrogen increases copper retention in the body... its a feedback loop.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Background: Emerging evidence suggests that trace elements such as zinc (Zn2+) and copper (Cu2+) are essential cofactor for multiple enzymes and have functional activities within hair follicles. So its deficiencies may cause hair loss. Objective: To assess the serum zinc and copper levels in alopecia. Methods: This cross sectional study was conducted in the Department of Physiology, Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka from January to December during 2017. Thirty five patients icluding both sexes with hair loss aged 18 to 45 years were study group and 35 ages and BMI matched healthy subjects were control group. Serum zinc and copper levels were estimated by flame atomic absorption spectrophotometry. For statistical analysis Unpaired Student’s‘t’ test and Chi square tests were performed. Results: Serum Zn2+ and Cu2+ levels were significantly (p<0.001) lower in study group than those of control group. Conclusions: It was concluded that serum Zn2+ and Cu2+ deficiencies are associated with hair loss patients. J Bangladesh Soc Physiol. 2019, June; 14(1): 21-25

Im not sure if it's the zinc, but I have recently started supplementing again, and I have noticed much less hair in the drain. I think supplement definitely has positive effects beyond zix alone, but not necessarily a one size fits all solution.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been away for some time, and dont really have much time going forward. Just wanted to update you guys on my progress. Im nearing 5.5 months.

I'd love to say Ive had insane results since adding minoxidil to my zix regimen - but the reality is I have to say I wish I had more but at the same time is ive have significant improvement.

The hair I have has improved maybe 15-20% in density. In pictures I see of myself lately, my hair looks quite good, and dense. I could not say that for most (90-95%) picture in the past 2-3 years. Even if my hair is greasy, it still looks pretty good.

I'd love to say my hairline is recovering, but that's the part which I feel isnt making strong improvements. I can however say my hairline is denser, and in pictures looks better because the light does not expose as much scalp and cosmetically my hairline likely looks lower.

On the whole I feel pretty good about my hair, and would deem the addition of minoxidil a success. I think they say you can see continued gains in the 6-9 month range, and up to a year.

I feel optmistic I will maintain my gains because my hair isnt miniaturizing due to zix. So i dont think I will suffer the same minoxidil declines everyone else generally does. Perhaps I will continue to have gains past 1 year. I guess time will tell.

Will continue to update periodically.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been away for some time, and dont really have much time going forward. Just wanted to update you guys on my progress. Im nearing 5.5 months.

I'd love to say Ive had insane results since adding minoxidil to my zix regimen - but the reality is I have to say I wish I had more but at the same time is ive have significant improvement.

The hair I have has improved maybe 15-20% in density. In pictures I see of myself lately, my hair looks quite good, and dense. I could not say that for most (90-95%) picture in the past 2-3 years. Even if my hair is greasy, it still looks pretty good.

I'd love to say my hairline is recovering, but that's the part which I feel isnt making strong improvements. I can however say my hairline is denser, and in pictures looks better because the light does not expose as much scalp and cosmetically my hairline likely looks lower.

On the whole I feel pretty good about my hair, and would deem the addition of minoxidil a success. I think they say you can see continued gains in the 6-9 month range, and up to a year.

I feel optmistic I will maintain my gains because my hair isnt miniaturizing due to zix. So i dont think I will suffer the same minoxidil declines everyone else generally does. Perhaps I will continue to have gains past 1 year. I guess time will tell.

Will continue to update periodically.
How was your experience when you used Zix twice daily? Also, how is your family history of baldness?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could try needling+minoxidil, that makes a lot of difference for people if they want regrowth.

@sonictemples He created this thread, of course his experience was good, check his older posts.
He uses once daily, not twice.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
How was your experience when you used Zix twice daily? Also, how is your family history of baldness?

My dad was bald, and so was his dad. My moms dad wasn't totally bald but her brother was. So technically id say I have baldness on both sides.

I rarely ever used zix twice daily. So I can't officially comment.

Smizzy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to start zix as soon as the distilled water arrives. I'll keep this thread updated on my results. Hopefully I'll get something from it. But I'm sceptical because I feel like my hair loss is starting to get aggressive
Where did you get your distilled water from? All the distill water brands I know have small traces of minerals in it. Where can I find pure distilled water without making myself of course.

bond6007

Reaction score
Has anybody tried Super Zix 1 or Super Zix 2?

The creator seems very convinced that these are superior to the original Zix formula.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The creator seems very convinced that these are superior to the original Zix formula.

So far i only know one person who is using it. He seems to find regrowth when adding dermarolling and wooden brush massage.

Its worth to note that he was able to reduce his scalp calcification and sebum before trying dermarolling (stamp) and super zix 2.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

I found it made me shed more. But I think everyone is different. Just like zinc, not everyone benefits from as high as dose as three capsules like i do.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you still maintain with zix after those years?
yes for the most part. I have slowly receded some. but my guess is i would have been bald by my late 20's without it. I have a relatively thick head of hair heading into my mid 40's - f*** life goes fast!

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes for the most part. I have slowly receded some. but my guess is i would have been bald by my late 20's without it. I have a relatively thick head of hair heading into my mid 40's - f*** life goes fast!
Does it work for already lost hair?