My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

atilla17

My Regimen
Reaction score
the p-5-p 10 mg I use, I can't break 15 into the mix. It's getting very yellow. I put 75mg on the P-5-p. Should I wait 2 days after preparing the lotion and strain? When shaken and used, it forms a very intense yellow residue.

I prepare my lotion as 550 mg zinc 75 mg b6. Should I put 10 ethanol or 15 ethanol?
@worm @Pigeon

Makchine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, just want to ask has anyone tried using stemoxydine as vehicle instead of ethanol and distilled water? How's the result compared to normal zix?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
the p-5-p 10 mg I use, I can't break 15 into the mix. It's getting very yellow. I put 75mg on the P-5-p. Should I wait 2 days after preparing the lotion and strain? When shaken and used, it forms a very intense yellow residue.

I prepare my lotion as 550 mg zinc 75 mg b6. Should I put 10 ethanol or 15 ethanol?
@worm @Pigeon

not sure i understand. zix is quite yellow. There is residue, I would not strain it. You should however try to crush the tablets as fine as you can - pill crusher is good for that.

I use about10 mls of ethyl these days, maybe a smidge less.

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when i shake it and use it , my scalp is like this
https://ibb.co/FhsBxbw
https://ibb.co/2M60RkX
but when you use it without shaking it becomes normal.
tablets are already in powder form. but I'll try to crush a little more.
@worm thank you so much for answering.
minimum how much b6 should I put?
I can not put 150 mg.
I know worm doesn't agree with it, but personally I don't shake. I try to keep all the residue and silt at the bottom. When I first tried zix I shook the bottle before applying and it really irritated my scalp.

From what I can tell the residue is due to all the non-soluble binders and fillers that are in the tablets. And if there is zinc + B6 residue that is not completely dissolved then that still wouldn't be beneficial since the powder will just dry on top of your scalp.

Ultimately, however, stick with whatever gives you results. I wouldn't tell worm to strain because he doesn't have any issues with it and it works for him.

atilla17

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm breaking 15-16 pills, because my b6 is only 10 mg
When I shake it it gets very dark.
Do I see a minus if used without shaking?

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm breaking 15-16 pills, because my b6 is only 10 mg
When I shake it it gets very dark.
Do I see a minus if used without shaking?
It's hard to say because we don't know exactly what pills you are using.
But I still believe you don't need to shake. Vitamin B6 is water soluble, so IMO any extraneous residue is not useful.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think he had male pattern baldness
He had the typical T pattern, which is common for diffuse thinners. He could have also had a vitamin deficiency (shedding disorder), which may have helped by taking all those supplements every day.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
when i shake it and use it , my scalp is like this
https://ibb.co/FhsBxbw
https://ibb.co/2M60RkX
but when you use it without shaking it becomes normal.
tablets are already in powder form. but I'll try to crush a little more.
@worm thank you so much for answering.
minimum how much b6 should I put?
I can not put 150 mg.

wow, you're shaved pretty much down to your scalp. Not disputing the effect, I think most have some length of hair to cover their scalp and the residue it has. Not sure what to say, maybe try massaging a little and/or only apply at night.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes for the most part. I have slowly receded some. but my guess is i would have been bald by my late 20's without it. I have a relatively thick head of hair heading into my mid 40's - f*** life goes fast!
we smol u big

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Potential silly question but in the UK you can't get ethanol that's not been denatured. Would there be any health concerns using denatured ethanol everyday?

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Potential silly question but in the UK you can't get ethanol that's not been denatured. Would there be any health concerns using denatured ethanol everyday?
Denatured alcohol is considered safe and widely used in cosmetics. Unrelated to that, I would use a lot less than 15ml ethanol in zix because, imo you dont need that much ethanol to aid absorbtion when you are leaving it on your scalp all day anyway.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
So is Zix essentially a topical Keto cream? It’s an AR blocker that doesn’t seem to have the sides of RU.

atilla17

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use zinc in 550 or 660 doses.
I have b6 10 mg, When I break 15 pills, there is a very thick deposit at the bottom.
How many minimum pills should I break.
7 or 8 or 9 ? how many

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score

here is my hair after 5 years of using Zix. The last year (throughout the age of 28), I noticeable receded more on my left temple. hence the widow peak look....

how do you guys think overall that I have maintained?

I just turned 29 last week. What norwood before and after?

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

here is my hair after 5 years of using Zix. The last year (throughout the age of 28), I noticeable receded more on my left temple. hence the widow peak look....

how do you guys think overall that I have maintained?

I just turned 29 last week. What norwood before and after?
I think you are delusional. Norwood 1 to 1,25 maybe...

"pulled back Looks horrible like an nw2.5" bruhhhhhhh

Last edited: