My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I sure hope that I am. But I have been noticing, well my left temple has certainly changed over time I think. Especially as my widows peak is becoming more pronounced. Anyway, I have used Zix for about 5 years now and I guess this is kind of my update

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I sure hope that I am. But I have been noticing, well my left temple has certainly changed over time I think. Especially as my widows peak is becoming more pronounced. Anyway, I have used Zix for about 5 years now and I guess this is kind of my update
Your hair is great, I think you are comparing yourself to people with more commonly really low hairlines, like black people. White people normally have a much higher hairline, doesn't mean you are balding. Check if you have miniaturized hairs on your hairline, that will indicate AA much better.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
The solution to this question is rather simple, all we need to do is to find someone who hasn't used Zix before and thinking about doing so, crowdfund him, make him get a baseline scalp DHT test then make him use it for a decent amount of time and send him for a second biopsy. A lot of things can go wrong if only one person gets it done but it's still a better idea than speculating for the past 20 years.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like he never had hair loss to begin with

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
How much did you shed before zix?
Before Zix like 80 plus in the shower daily.

During Zix usage down to about 30.

Th ings you may not see in this photo that I can see easily. My crown Has gotten thinner No doubt. Density has become less over these years. And without a doubt my right temple has receded but one can't really see that with how my hair is currently styled, and my left temple has definetely gone back a bit and lost density to the sode of my now much more pronounced widows peak (always had a widows peak slightly, but it was NEVER as pronounced as it has been for the last year)..
while my hair loss is not aggressive, it started with big sheds, and thinning on the crown slowly.... now my.crown is much thinner than before and my hairline has definetely suffered a bit

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you actually have hair loss
yeah it started with my crown which is much thinner than a few years ago... Then the past year both temples have receded which is why my widows peak is a bit more pronounced. It may not be aggressive hairloss but it had happened slowly over time

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah it started with my crown which is much thinner than a few years ago... Then the past year both temples have receded which is why my widows peak is a bit more pronounced. It may not be aggressive hairloss but it had happened slowly over time
What is your current plan?

atilla17

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have b6 10 mg, When I break 15 pills, there is a very thick deposit at the bottom.
How many minimum pills should I break.
7 or 8 or 9 ? how many
Does the sediment at the bottom of the bottle matter? , should i filter ?

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So is Zix essentially a topical Keto cream? It’s an AR blocker that doesn’t seem to have the sides of RU.
I would say its a mild finasteride/dutasteride. It doesn't work the same as RU. It doesn't bind the androgen receptor so Testosterone can still have an effect on your follicles.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before Zix like 80 plus in the shower daily.

During Zix usage down to about 30.

Th ings you may not see in this photo that I can see easily. My crown Has gotten thinner No doubt. Density has become less over these years. And without a doubt my right temple has receded but one can't really see that with how my hair is currently styled, and my left temple has definetely gone back a bit and lost density to the sode of my now much more pronounced widows peak (always had a widows peak slightly, but it was NEVER as pronounced as it has been for the last year)..
while my hair loss is not aggressive, it started with big sheds, and thinning on the crown slowly.... now my.crown is much thinner than before and my hairline has definetely suffered a bit
You can try adding Min or something similar as a growth agonist. Worm found a bit of regrowth when applying zix and min once a day.

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So is Zix essentially a topical Keto cream? It’s an AR blocker that doesn’t seem to have the sides of RU.
It suppresses 5AR, however it inhibits 5AR1 far more than 5AR2 unfortunately. At least according to one study. As far as I know there are only two studies about zinc and its effects on 5AR. But yes, no sides.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
It suppresses 5AR, however it inhibits 5AR1 far more than 5AR2 unfortunately. At least according to one study. As far as I know there are only two studies about zinc and its effects on 5AR. But yes, no sides.
If it inhibits 5ar1 more than 5ar2, wouldn't the testosterone that can't be converted by 5ar1 get converted by 5ar2? So it would cancel the benefits it that was correct. No need to say how zinc depletes copper therefore aromatase which also peaks scalp T. I think it works in a different way, maybe anti inflammatory

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it inhibits 5ar1 more than 5ar2, wouldn't the testosterone that can't be converted by 5ar1 get converted by 5ar2? So it would cancel the benefits it that was correct. No need to say how zinc depletes copper therefore aromatase which also peaks scalp T. I think it works in a different way, maybe anti inflammatory
That's a good question, I don't know enough to say whether conversion would work that way. Zix still blocks some 5AR2, and perhaps it blocks enough to counter any increased 5AR2 conversion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

No need to say how zinc depletes copper therefore aromatase which also peaks scalp T
I didn't know this about copper re: aromatase. Although I've read that its actually beneficial to reduce aromatase on the scalp. Edit: scratch that, increasing aromatase is beneficial

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a good question, I don't know enough to say whether conversion would work that way. Zix still blocks some 5AR2, and perhaps it blocks enough to counter any increased 5AR2 conversion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

I didn't know this about copper re: aromatase. Although I've read that its actually beneficial to reduce aromatase on the scalp.
A related clinical study stated that 0.5 mg/day of dutasteride could lower scalp DHT levels by more than 51%, and 5 mg/day of finasteride could lower scalp DHT levels by ~41%.

If these are correct, 5AR1 only converts 10% of the scalp DHT. Assuming Zix blocks 90% of 5AR, it blocks 9% of total DHT and that 9% increase in testosterone will be converted by 5AR2 or 5AR3. Let's assume half of it will be converted by 5AR2 (probably incorrect), So we will only have 4.5% increase in DHT that is converted by 5AR2. From the same study you mentioned, zinc sulfate blocked around 15% I guess, 15-4.5, that makes 10.5% total inhibition. If we also assume that the info I posted above is correct, finasteride can only block DHT2and3 by 41%, again assuming 5ar2and3 are in equal amounts, it only blocks 20.5%, the half of what Zix does. Meaning that finasteride is only two folds more effective than zix. So if someone who is destined to become a nw7 and can maintain a nw1 on fina, the same person may maintain a nw3 on zix. The user stories check in too. This is all probably incorrect to some degree but there you go