My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

atilla17

My Regimen
Reaction score
akka.jpg
I live in Turkey, i don't know f*** this country. How many should I throw in? @Pigeon
Should I add more alcohol and distilled water so that less residue remains?

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't really expect to get my question answered, but there is no other place to ask anyway. I tried to find Zync sulfate heptahydrate in my country but had no luck. I checked many pharmacies and shops that sell supplements, but the best thing they have is Zync sulfate monohydrate, which appears to be less effective or non-effective at all. Then, I came across some gardening shop that sells different stuff for people who grows various plants and other things. All of a sudden, I found there Zync sulfate heptahydrate. The formula seems to be right - ZnSO4·7H2O

I continued the research, and yeah! People do use Zync sulfate to enrich the ground and get a better harvest. So, has anyone purchased Zync from gardening stores or something? Was it fine? Any ideas about this story?

Mine is pretty cheap, though. 120g pack cost just a couple bucks. Should last to end of life or hair :D

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't really expect to get my question answered, but there is no other place to ask anyway. I tried to find Zync sulfate heptahydrate in my country but had no luck. I checked many pharmacies and shops that sell supplements, but the best thing they have is Zync sulfate monohydrate, which appears to be less effective or non-effective at all. Then, I came across some gardening shop that sells different stuff for people who grows various plants and other things. All of a sudden, I found there Zync sulfate heptahydrate. The formula seems to be right - ZnSO4·7H2O

I continued the research, and yeah! People do use Zync sulfate to enrich the ground and get a better harvest. So, has anyone purchased Zync from gardening stores or something? Was it fine? Any ideas about this story?

Mine is pretty cheap, though. 120g pack cost just a couple bucks. Should last to end of life or hair :D
It's probably full of heavy metals lul

dragonjj109

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone here know to keep zix fresh without alchohol or refrigeration? My relatives are nitpicky about me keeping zix in the fridge, I've considered buying a mini fridge, but that's just going to far for something so minor.

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's probably full of heavy metals lul
I don't see anything related to that. I mean, for the seller, it would be rational to include info about other components, right?

All that I can see is the formula - ZnSO4·7H2O, pH - 5.5 - 6.5, and Zync 22%. Not sure what the last two mean

Any ideas on how this could be tested at home to make sure the Zinc is good to use?

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see anything related to that. I mean, for the seller, it would be rational to include info about other components, right?

All that I can see is the formula - ZnSO4·7H2O, pH - 5.5 - 6.5, and Zync 22%. Not sure what the last two mean

Any ideas on how this could be tested at home to make sure the Zinc is good to use?
It has to be 99%> purity

feelsbad

Reaction score
Is there a reason that zinc sulfate monohydrate would not be as effective as zinc sulfate heptahydrate, or is it just that the latter was used in the study?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a reason that zinc sulfate monohydrate would not be as effective as zinc sulfate heptahydrate, or is it just that the latter was used in the study?
Well I don't know where that idea came from and I haven't heard back from the company who funded the study but I can say that the P5P bit is what gets me. The study was done in vitro meaning there was no way for the follicle to convert regular B6 into the active form which is P5P.

bunchies

Reaction score
I'm planning to return using zix, but my zinc and p5p pills/capsules have expired. Should I order new ones or would they still work just as well?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Order new ones, it's cheap anyway.
How did Zix work out for you Pigeon? I know you don’t like the use of AAs. Though maybe topical dutasteride once a week can help you against side effects

Vaneth

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone from Spain knows a shop to order Pyridoxal 5- phosphate (Vitamin B6) and Zinc Sulfate? I want to add zix to my regimen but I'm unable to find them.

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have a hunch, based on scant evidence, that Zix works not because of its 5AR-1 inhibition (though I'm sure it helps), but because of its 5AR-2 inhibition, despite the study showing only around 18-20% inhibition in-vitro.

I'm wondering if a zinc solution is simply a really good delivery mechanism for getting zinc sulfate to the dermal papilla. In other words, its efficiency is what would make it effective despite its weak inhibition, compared with say, a saw palmetto topical which might theoretically inhibit more 5AR-2 in-vitro, but maybe can't make it to the dermal papilla as easily.

I'm probably wrong, but I think its possible. I would love to see a human zix study or even a modern, targeted, in-vitro study because I still have my doubts whether zix even works :p

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It appears I am losing ground on zix for the last 8 months with dermarolling. i will continue but I will likely start topical dutasteride.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did RU work for your hairloss?
I’m not sure. I had constant chest and heart pain after about a month that didn’t gi away for three weeks so I quit. Wouldn’t recommend RU, looking at topical dutasteride now. I wasn’t ok ru long enough to see any benefits in terms of hair

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have a hunch, based on scant evidence, that Zix works not because of its 5AR-1 inhibition (though I'm sure it helps), but because of its 5AR-2 inhibition, despite the study showing only around 18-20% inhibition in-vitro.

I'm wondering if a zinc solution is simply a really good delivery mechanism for getting zinc sulfate to the dermal papilla. In other words, its efficiency is what would make it effective despite its weak inhibition, compared with say, a saw palmetto topical which might theoretically inhibit more 5AR-2 in-vitro, but maybe can't make it to the dermal papilla as easily.

I'm probably wrong, but I think its possible. I would love to see a human zix study or even a modern, targeted, in-vitro study because I still have my doubts whether zix even works :p
Where did you get those percentages from? Also, we really don't need a study. We need someone to go and get two scalp biopsies to see if it does anything.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't you on topical duta anyway?

Anyway for many people zix is enough, we just don't know how it really works and can only speculate.
I agree my comment was a bit harsh so I removed them, you are correct. And yes I do apply weekly but I still want to add something in between