My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. for somone with a good scale, could use this for zinc:
amzn.eu/d/aAFKUIS
I think it will have less residue material in solution and it will last an lifetime..:)).

That looks like it could be a solution. Agreed, you'll need a scale able to measure in mgs. Amazon seems to have some around $20 in the States.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm how do you feel about adding azelic acid to zix formula or minoxidil

I would keep the Azelaic separate, same with minoxidil. Azelaic I would apply a little before, whereas I think minoxidil I would use 12 hours apart (once daily). I think they could have a good effect for these reasons -

minoxidil - zix helps reduce DHT, I think you will be able to sustain gains on minoxidil. Furthermore due to the increase of blood flow, I think you could have enhanced results that you may see on minoxidil or zix alone.

Azelaic - It's supposed to enhance the anti dht effect. Ive been using my zix for 14 years without. I think it's entirely possible you'll have a better results, and the reverse effects of male pattern baldness. my version of zix alone, has effectively stopped my hairloss for me personally, maybe azelaic would turn it around similar to finasteride. I have some powdered Azelaic here at home and have mixed some up in the past, but to be honest, I am too lazy to bother using it.

All in all im interested in Trinov, and in the meantime zix is helping me along well enough. If come Jan/Feb, I dont hear anything encouraging about Trinov, I may start dabbling with minoxidil or Azelaic. (minoxidil I already have a years supply sitting in my closet)....

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm you should ceck out the thread with they guy who used minoxidil + microneedling. Crazy results.

Ive seen them, extremely impressive, but I dont think they are the norm for people using minoxidil and micro needling.

14 years ago I had insane gains with mixing minoxidil with another ingredient. I had to stop as I was having massive sides, heart and eyesight. Thankfully I returned to more or less normal.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Would this be beneficial on top of a regime consisting of duta, fina, minoxidil 2pd and ketoconazole Still losing ground mainly on the hairline, so I want to fortify my regime. Is there a company out there that makes this?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would this be beneficial on top of a regime consisting of duta, fina, minoxidil 2pd and ketoconazole Still losing ground mainly on the hairline, so I want to fortify my regime. Is there a company out there that makes this?

I think so with minoxidil, but I am not sure it mixes well with Keto though. I say that because I start shedding on keto - a lot. Maybe it's just my reaction to nizoral, or maybe it's the mix of zix and keto. Either way I think zix is above and beyond nizoral - so I only use zix on its own.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I think so with minoxidil, but I am not sure it mixes well with Keto though. I say that because I start shedding on keto - a lot. Maybe it's just my reaction to nizoral, or maybe it's the mix of zix and keto. Either way I think zix is above and beyond nizoral - so I only use zix on its own.
Well I have absolutely no shedding on keto, just lots of hair thickening. Still think it cant be combined? Why wouldn't it?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I have absolutely no shedding on keto, just lots of hair thickening. Still think it cant be combined? Why wouldn't it?

That's great. Id say give it a try. I dont think I respond well to nizoral, so maybe that's just my issue. If you find yourself suddenly shedding, I would stop zix. It's a $15/20 experiment.

What's your regimen anyways? And long have you been using these products with what results?

Thanks.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
That's great. Id say give it a try. I dont think I respond well to nizoral, so maybe that's just my issue. If you find yourself suddenly shedding, I would stop zix. It's a $15/20 experiment.

What's your regimen anyways? And long have you been using these products with what results?

Thanks.

Ive been using finasteride with success for almost a decade. Then jumped to dutasteride, after a big shed I kept losing hair at my hairline but now much faster than before, so I started taking finasteride again, in combination with the dutasteride. I also use minoxidil and keto. Not sure what minoxidil does for me if any, but I figured it cant hurt. My hair is looking pretty full everywhere, its just this damn hairline that is so hard to maintain. And it keeps itching. I don't know what to do to fix it. Im even considering dropping the dutasteride, but it did do SOMETHING or else I would have lost a lot of hair up top that year that I used dutasteride alone. I have been using finasteride again since july this year, maybe it has yet to kick in? It should work after 3 months I think, right? But maybe theres a delayed effect because of dutasteride, IDK. Thank you for all your replies

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been using finasteride with success for almost a decade. Then jumped to dutasteride, after a big shed I kept losing hair at my hairline but now much faster than before, so I started taking finasteride again, in combination with the dutasteride. I also use minoxidil and keto. Not sure what minoxidil does for me if any, but I figured it cant hurt. My hair is looking pretty full everywhere, its just this damn hairline that is so hard to maintain. And it keeps itching. I don't know what to do to fix it. Im even considering dropping the dutasteride, but it did do SOMETHING or else I would have lost a lot of hair up top that year that I used dutasteride alone. I have been using finasteride again since july this year, maybe it has yet to kick in? It should work after 3 months I think, right? But maybe theres a delayed effect because of dutasteride, IDK. Thank you for all your replies

Well I know the itch goes away with Zix. I find nizoral brings it back, but again, maybe that's just me. I would try adding zix and see how you respond. Ive been steadily losing my hairline, but at a very slow pace over the past 14 years though since I stopped finasteride. Been losing hair for the past 21 years now and I still have lots.

you have nothing to lose by trying.

Zinox

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I've been following this thread the last 2 years, I always wanted to try zix but I hadn't the ingredients. Recently in August I was able to buy everything including minoxidil, I think waited to long to buy the stuff and my hairline decreased a lot. My hairloss started 4 years ago, but it was slow at first, 1 year later shed around 30-50 hairs in the shower when started counting, nothing stopped my hair to fall and just increased to 100-150 this year.

I think my hair loss is aggresive the last year recently started to see my hairline recede and this year felt so bad about the looks on my hairline and volume, I have long hair so it covers the bald spots. When the products arrived I rushed to try zix at first, my plan was just to use zix alone and maybe use it along with minoxidil after seeing zix working, but cannot wait lol, so the first week I used zix and the next started with minoxidil. The fist month my shed triplicate, and then my hair slowly stopped falling, but now i don't know if is just minoxidil working or zix. Since the last month I'm counting 5-10 hairs in shower and seeing regrowth, I'm happy now. I'm using minoxidil 1ml in the morning and another 1ml at night and zix 2ml 4 hours after the second use of minoxidil.

I kown is little time to say if is a success, but I will keep updating.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I've been following this thread the last 2 years, I always wanted to try zix but I hadn't the ingredients. Recently in August I was able to buy everything including minoxidil, I think waited to long to buy the stuff and my hairline decreased a lot. My hairloss started 4 years ago, but it was slow at first, 1 year later shed around 30-50 hairs in the shower when started counting, nothing stopped my hair to fall and just increased to 100-150 this year.

I think my hair loss is aggresive the last year recently started to see my hairline recede and this year felt so bad about the looks on my hairline and volume, I have long hair so it covers the bald spots. When the products arrived I rushed to try zix at first, my plan was just to use zix alone and maybe use it along with minoxidil after seeing zix working, but cannot wait lol, so the first week I used zix and the next started with minoxidil. The fist month my shed triplicate, and then my hair slowly stopped falling, but now i don't know if is just minoxidil working or zix. Since the last month I'm counting 5-10 hairs in shower and seeing regrowth, I'm happy now. I'm using minoxidil 1ml in the morning and another 1ml at night and zix 2ml 4 hours after the second use of minoxidil.

I kown is little time to say if is a success, but I will keep updating.

Ah yes, the blow your load prematurely throw the kitchen sink at it method. We've all been there. I am glad to see you stuck it out as most would have stopped everything and called it a failure.

As you said, I would have suggested you try zix alone at first, then you would have seen the dramatic decrease I did going from 100-150 hairs down to 10 or so within 2 weeks. I suspect the minoxidil made you shed like crazy, it does that sometimes. But now that you are down to 5-10, that is excellent.

Since your hair is long, it will probably take longer for you to notice the difference. If you're losing 90 hairs less per day than just a few weeks prior, that translates into a sh*t ton over hair no longer shed every month. 90hairs*30days = 2700 hairs! Over 6 months, that's 16,000 more hairs on your head than a couple weeks ago. Im guessing that will translate into 20-25% gain in hair count, and probably more so where you need it more (the top of your head). With minoxidil too, you'll gain some hair thickness as well and additional terminal hairs. I wouldnt be surprised if you had 35-50% more hair and density in six months from now. Im predicting you'll have fantastic results in half a year - just dont go f*****g around and adding or changing one thing about your regimen. You just need patience.

Im excited to hear you are where you are, and even more so looking forward to your updates in 3-6 months. So please please please dont disappear and keep us updated, it will help a lot of people if you can share your advice with your experience. I only have my experience to share, but thanks to others we've improved on the formula.

Rock12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can confirm 100% that this formula works, I have been using it since June and whenever I use it consistently, it stop my hair loss completely and starts to thicken it.

I have very aggressive hair lost and have been dealing with it for many years now and can tell almost immediately if a product is working or not. I knew this formula was having a positive impact within the first 4 days of using it.

However, there are a few variables that affect the effectiveness of this formula and I had to play with them to find the best combination that gave me consistent results.

The variables are :
Ratio of water to ethanol, filling a 2 oz bottle with 18 mil of ethonal and the remaining with water does the trick for me.

How long you allow the substance to sit in pure ethonal before adding water. I find the longer the better, at least a few hours. I usually let mines sit over night.

Shelf life of the final product. I find that after a week it starts to lose its effectiveness and I have to make a new batch. It also seems as if the previous mention variables has an effect on how long it will be effective.

The negative.
There are side effects to this formula, I can almost be certain that this product goes systematic and the ratio between ethonal and water I think helps determine how much goes systematic.

There is only one side effect so far that I can link to this product and it is the same sides you usually experience with anti androgens, low libido and watery semen.

These side effects seems less sever though and I might only be experiencing them because I already had gotten similar sides from using other products and is sensitive to them. Someone who has never experience these side effects might experience little to none of these sides.

I used the same products listed on the first page of this thread.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I can confirm 100% that this formula works, I have been using it since June and whenever I use it consistently, it stop my hair loss completely and starts to thicken it.

I have very aggressive hair lost and have been dealing with it for many years now and can tell almost immediately if a product is working or not. I knew this formula was having a positive impact within the first 4 days of using it.

However, there are a few variables that affect the effectiveness of this formula and I had to play with them to find the best combination that gave me consistent results.

The variables are :
Ratio of water to ethanol, filling a 2 oz bottle with 18 mil of ethonal and the remaining with water does the trick for me.

How long you allow the substance to sit in pure ethonal before adding water. I find the longer the better, at least a few hours. I usually let mines sit over night.

Shelf life of the final product. I find that after a week it starts to lose its effectiveness and I have to make a new batch. It also seems as if the previous mention variables has an effect on how long it will be effective.

The negative.
There are side effects to this formula, I can almost be certain that this product goes systematic and the ratio between ethonal and water I think helps determine how much goes systematic.

There is only one side effect so far that I can link to this product and it is the same sides you usually experience with anti androgens, low libido and watery semen.

These side effects seems less sever though and I might only be experiencing them because I already had gotten similar sides from using other products and is sensitive to them. Someone who has never experience these side effects might experience little to none of these sides.

I used the same products listed on the first page of this thread.

Anti androgen? Its just 2 vitamins combined together, what are you talking about?

Rock12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anti androgen? Its just 2 vitamins combined together, what are you talking about?
Just 2 vitamins ? Lol are you serious? Vitamins are the building blocks of many important enzymes in the body. And the body often uses vitamins to regulate enzyme activity, zinc by itself can castrate you.

Zinc inhibits the activity of 5a-reductase and that is its main function in this formula, b6 just increases its potency.

Now, this is only suppose to happen in the scalp, but there is no gurantee that it is not going systemic and also blocking 5a-reductase activity else where. This would lead to anti androgen like side effects. And from my experience, every formula that I have used on my scalp that uses alcohol as a vehicle has gone systematic.

Anyways, this is just my 2 cent, thought I give some feed back on my experience.

Take it or leave it.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What can I use instead of ethanol? You can't buy it here.

Could I use Isopropyl Alcohol (99,5% strength) ?

Last edited: