My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I meant polysorbate 80. It acts as an emulsifier which is supposed to help keep the zinc and b6 more suspended so it gets applied more evenly.

I was using the biocare b6 (https://www.biocare.co.uk/vitamin-b6-60-veg-capsules)

I as because I think Joe (the zix gus) uses polysorbate 20. Whereas polysorbate 80 was used in the grecian formula I believe. Just wondering what the difference between the two is.

I dont know your b6, I suspect it's fine, but I have noticed not all are the same. How is zix working for you?

epichair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I as because I think Joe (the zix gus) uses polysorbate 20. Whereas polysorbate 80 was used in the grecian formula I believe. Just wondering what the difference between the two is.

I dont know your b6, I suspect it's fine, but I have noticed not all are the same. How is zix working for you?

Yeah, I thought he used 20, but on his site and on the polysorbate I have from him it says 80. I emailed Joe about some concerns I had as well about Polysorbate 80, he says it is food grade which means less chance of dangerous contamination, but that's another story. He also told me to tell you he says "hi" :)

I've been using SZII and nizoral 2% (twice a week) for 10 years about. It's been working pretty well but I'm still losing surely but slowly. I have no clue if this is really slowing things down but seems to be pretty harmless (except for leaving some of my collars yellow). He had 1 zinc and I went up to 3 times the zinc and b6 as his original formula. Based on your posts, I'm tempted to go to 6 times the zinc.

I also only used it once a day, I wonder if I would be better off using it twice a day.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought he used 20, but on his site and on the polysorbate I have from him it says 80. I emailed Joe about some concerns I had as well about Polysorbate 80, he says it is food grade which means less chance of dangerous contamination, but that's another story. He also told me to tell you he says "hi" :)

I've been using SZII and nizoral 2% (twice a week) for 10 years about. It's been working pretty well but I'm still losing surely but slowly. I have no clue if this is really slowing things down but seems to be pretty harmless (except for leaving some of my collars yellow). He had 1 zinc and I went up to 3 times the zinc and b6 as his original formula. Based on your posts, I'm tempted to go to 6 times the zinc.

I also only used it once a day, I wonder if I would be better off using it twice a day.

Cool, yeah I've emailed him over the years. He's been super helpful. I've also bought his kit a couple times. The guy is my saviour.

I think based on my concentration I use 6x the zinc. I dont think upping to twice daily will change much imo. I've tried and dont really notice much of anything. I must I'm losing too, but it's been so gradual and slow that I know it's working. I used to shed hundreds of hairs before zix, no longer. I've seen people start losing way after me and are pretty far gone on the Norwood scale, where as I still have most of everything I used to have. Keep receding, but over it's been maybe 1/2-1 cm in the past 5 years.

Btw I started using ecological formulas again, and it uses tablets, so i find it works much better as a thickener. Also I've noticed my scalp looks better/healthier. Cant say I'm shedding more or less, but I think ill stick with this b6 for a while.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw I may try polysorbate. Maybe I should try azelaic first. I have some so I can mix it up. Think I'll try next week.

zyzzalive

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have troubling finding zinc sulfate in capsules in the Netherlands. Also what b6 p5p is recommended? I found pure zincsulfate powder at a chemical supplier, is that a option?

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no company in China that product vitamin B6 P5P, I bought it from American but the Customs detained my product. Can I replace it to something else?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have troubling finding zinc sulfate in capsules in the Netherlands. Also what b6 p5p is recommended? I found pure zincsulfate powder at a chemical supplier, is that a option?

This zinc is excellent - i dont think you'll have any issue ordering from amazon uk for netherlands.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PlusPhar...h=item236f23f162:g:2cUAAMXQHU1Rpp3t:rk:1:pf:0

This is what I used to use, which is very good (a bit pricey though) - try the search, shipping will ofc be different for you

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...1313&_nkw=pure+encapsulations+b6+p5p&_sacat=0

zyzzalive

My Regimen
Reaction score

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. Has it worked for other people?

I'll add this to my dermarolling + min regimen.

Actually just read that it reacts with min and makes min useless. Any truth to that?

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. Has it worked for other people?

I'll add this to my dermarolling + min regimen.

Actually just read that it reacts with min and makes min useless. Any truth to that?

@JWM2 says he had a friend who has had great results using both. Personally i would space them out by applying one at night and the other in the morning. Given the half life of minoxidil is 22 hours i wouldnt be stressed avout using it only once daily.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@JWM2 says he had a friend who has had great results using both. Personally i would space them out by applying one at night and the other in the morning. Given the half life of minoxidil is 22 hours i wouldnt be stressed avout using it only once daily.

Let's say I apply my first dose of min at 12 pm. Then my 2nd dose at 8 pm. Then wash off at 12 pm and apply zix afterwards before I sleep. Same procedure day after. You think this will be ok?

If it really blocks dht I wonder why no one gets sides though? Must work in a diff way or something?

I mean I read a lot about ppl who applied topical saw palmetto and many said they got sides.

Whatabouthoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Received all of my ingredients today...really nervous because I don’t have the kind of hair that likes being washed everyday. Do I have to wash out after application? How long should I let it sit if so?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's say I apply my first dose of min at 12 pm. Then my 2nd dose at 8 pm. Then wash off at 12 pm and apply zix afterwards before I sleep. Same procedure day after. You think this will be ok?

If it really blocks dht I wonder why no one gets sides though? Must work in a diff way or something?

I mean I read a lot about ppl who applied topical saw palmetto and many said they got sides.

I dont experience sides and I am very sensitive to most every medication.

@JWM2's friend applies 5 mins apart i believe.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Received all of my ingredients today...really nervous because I don’t have the kind of hair that likes being washed everyday. Do I have to wash out after application? How long should I let it sit if so?

no you dont have to wash it out. I have applied it multiple times between washes. I do have very oily scalp which needs to be washed minimum daily.

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
upload_2018-10-27_15-36-17.png

Hey worm, this is my vitamin B6 p5p,is it ok?
here are the details:
upload_2018-10-27_15-38-16.png

BlueHorseshoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm

Update after using zix since June. I don’t think it has recovered any of my temple hair that was too far gone, but I haven’t lost any ground that I can tell and overall I shed less. When I started zix shedding went down to like 15-20 hairs in the shower, I’d say now it’s back up to about 30ish but still better then before I started. I don’t think it’s given me any regrowth but I’m only losing hair in my temple area so far and From what I can tell it’s pretty difficult to gain density there. I’d like to believe this is helping me with maintenance but tough to be completely sure. All in all very happy I tried this given its cheap, easy, and completely free of any side effects.

Thanks worm for your advice.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm

Update after using zix since June. I don’t think it has recovered any of my temple hair that was too far gone, but I haven’t lost any ground that I can tell and overall I shed less. When I started zix shedding went down to like 15-20 hairs in the shower, I’d say now it’s back up to about 30ish but still better then before I started. I don’t think it’s given me any regrowth but I’m only losing hair in my temple area so far and From what I can tell it’s pretty difficult to gain density there. I’d like to believe this is helping me with maintenance but tough to be completely sure. All in all very happy I tried this given its cheap, easy, and completely free of any side effects.

Thanks worm for your advice.

Im glad to hear youre having good maintainance. And yes, id agree with what you say. Once my shedding stabilized, some density returned as there were more telogen hairs on my head than down the drain. But more than anything it either halts further loss or in my case reduced the balding process by 95%. I dont think ill ever full go bald at this rate, but maybe in a decade i will have a noticeable bald spot.

Thats why i say zix saved my hair, the hair i have. Maybe minoxidil can bring some hair back, or maybe another treatment will emerge to bring back more gains, but until then i will faithfully use zix.

On another note you may want to adjust the zinc level you use, with the amount you use as your baseline. But maybe try adding another half capsule and see how u respond. It shouldnt take more than a few days (4-5) to see how you respond.

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you store zix? Does it have to be stored in a sealed bottle and/or refrigerated?

Also this is how mine looks... looks like there's piss on my head

Attachments

• 20181027_212551.jpg
    20181027_212551.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited: