My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm
Hello I am going to purchase this products for making zix and please tell me if this are okay for making the solution and they are:-
Zinc Sulphate-https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00E4MJYYS/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_9Wy1BbFQFTRHT
Vitamin b6 p5p-https://www.amazon.in/dp/B000UOCCIE/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_uZy1Bb2FQRKM7
And I am getting distilled water from local pharmacy..
But I have some questions-
1)Is 2ml enough for 4-5inches hair all over head???
2)What type of ethyl alcohol should I get and can you give me the link of it as I could not find it on amazon.in
3)How should I prepare this??Like should I first crush the tablets or capsules(whatever) and put in alcohol or distilled water??Or should we mix both the distilled water and ethanol together and dissolve the tablets powder??
4)How should we apply it??Like I dont have any bald spots but I had diffuse thinning in my temples and crown.I am almost a nw1 but diffuse thinning all over from hairline to neckline(lol).(Though I have 80-90% of density)So should I apply it only diffuse areas or all over my head like using some oils or shampooing your hair??
Thank You

skinnywolfboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to derail the discussion, but has anybody thought about combining scalp massages (detumescence) with zix?

skinnywolfboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm wondering of doing Zix in combination with derma needling
Well dermaneedling would most definitely increase the absorption of the zix...I wonder how often and how vigorously you would/should do it though, I would think once a week is more than enough....there also seems to be some discussion around whether or not dermarolling can damage the hair follicle if done incorrectly.

Has anybody here combined zix and dermarolling?

As for me, I've ordered all the ingredients outlined by worm in his 2nd post and I'm gonna give this a go. A little about my hairloss: I'm a diffuse thinner in my early thirties, been losing hair pretty gradually since my early twenties, so about a decade. Just like worm and many others my hairloss was punctuated by a lot of itch, oily scalp, and terrible dandruff which I've had since puberty basically, and I've always suspected that my hairloss was related since the most inflammed parts of my scalp were the parts that suffered the most loss (mostly at the apex/crown, my hairline is pretty much the same as it was when I was a teen). Now I pretty much keep my head buzzed and I've sort of come to peace with my hairloss, would still be interesting to give this a go as an experiment and if anything maybe get rid of the itch which still persists to this day. I'm also doing scalp massages similar to those listed in this thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ages-and-their-potential-for-regrowth.116686/

I'll be back in a few months to share my results, if any.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm
Hello I am going to purchase this products for making zix and please tell me if this are okay for making the solution and they are:-
Zinc Sulphate-https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00E4MJYYS/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_9Wy1BbFQFTRHT
Vitamin b6 p5p-https://www.amazon.in/dp/B000UOCCIE/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_uZy1Bb2FQRKM7
And I am getting distilled water from local pharmacy..
But I have some questions-
1)Is 2ml enough for 4-5inches hair all over head???
2)What type of ethyl alcohol should I get and can you give me the link of it as I could not find it on amazon.in
3)How should I prepare this??Like should I first crush the tablets or capsules(whatever) and put in alcohol or distilled water??Or should we mix both the distilled water and ethanol together and dissolve the tablets powder??
4)How should we apply it??Like I dont have any bald spots but I had diffuse thinning in my temples and crown.I am almost a nw1 but diffuse thinning all over from hairline to neckline(lol).(Though I have 80-90% of density)So should I apply it only diffuse areas or all over my head like using some oils or shampooing your hair??
Thank You

Zinc is fine, but for B6 I would buy this one
https://www.amazon.in/P5P-50-activa...ie=UTF8&qid=1540856855&sr=1-8&keywords=b6+p5p

the capsules are already in powder form, no need to crush it.

Im thinking this alcohol is fine - use 10mls or so.

My hair is probably around 4-5 inches as well. 2mls should be enough, you can use more if you feel you arent getting sufficient coverage. That said, I usually use 4 mls per application.

I apply all over, focusing mostly on the balding, but I still rub a little onto the sides and back. Ive noticed they have thickened up too.

hope that answers your Q's

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well dermaneedling would most definitely increase the absorption of the zix...I wonder how often and how vigorously you would/should do it though, I would think once a week is more than enough....there also seems to be some discussion around whether or not dermarolling can damage the hair follicle if done incorrectly.

Has anybody here combined zix and dermarolling?

As for me, I've ordered all the ingredients outlined by worm in his 2nd post and I'm gonna give this a go. A little about my hairloss: I'm a diffuse thinner in my early thirties, been losing hair pretty gradually since my early twenties, so about a decade. Just like worm and many others my hairloss was punctuated by a lot of itch, oily scalp, and terrible dandruff which I've had since puberty basically, and I've always suspected that my hairloss was related since the most inflammed parts of my scalp were the parts that suffered the most loss (mostly at the apex/crown, my hairline is pretty much the same as it was when I was a teen). Now I pretty much keep my head buzzed and I've sort of come to peace with my hairloss, would still be interesting to give this a go as an experiment and if anything maybe get rid of the itch which still persists to this day. I'm also doing scalp massages similar to those listed in this thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ages-and-their-potential-for-regrowth.116686/

I'll be back in a few months to share my results, if any.

I have longer hair and have started to not rub shampoo as much into my scalp, and only shampoo my hair quickly and rinse. It's only been about a week, but I think my hair is getting less oily. Will keep up the experiment.

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm
Thank You so much for giving your valuable time and answering my question.
But the link of b6 which you gave will cost me around 34$ compared to that one I thought of buying would cost 17-18$.Actualy I am kinda low on budget,so if I buy the one which I thought at first...will it be useless compared to that one you suggested to buy??

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm
Thank You so much for giving your valuable time and answering my question.
But the link of b6 which you gave will cost me around 34$ compared to that one I thought of buying would cost 17-18$.Actualy I am kinda low on budget,so if I buy the one which I thought at first...will it be useless compared to that one you suggested to buy??

Give yours a shot then. I can only say what I've tried and what has worked for me.

My impression is the type and quality of zinc has the biggest impact - so Im guessing that B6 you posted should work. And to be honest, I've gone back to my original B6 which is ecological formulas.

Good luck!

Whatabouthoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’ve been applying zix for a little over 4 days and I’m not sure how well it’s working..

I ordered power capsules from from pure encapsulation and didn’t go through the whole thread to see it’s different then worms.. is it still gonna be effective? I use about 3 which totals 150mg but mine isn’t nearly as yellow or thick. More like a bright yellow water.

Attachments

• 0E7B7D5E-17F1-4691-B7E5-3ACBA769486D.jpeg
    0E7B7D5E-17F1-4691-B7E5-3ACBA769486D.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 845F83BF-CCBD-4EEA-A842-74CC5CE3B8BE.jpeg
    845F83BF-CCBD-4EEA-A842-74CC5CE3B8BE.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 200

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’ve been applying zix for a little over 4 days and I’m not sure how well it’s working..

I ordered power capsules from from pure encapsulation and didn’t go through the whole thread to see it’s different then worms.. is it still gonna be effective? I use about 3 which totals 150mg but mine isn’t nearly as yellow or thick. More like a bright yellow water.

looks about right. you're using 60 mls total liquid and 3 zinc?

Ive since switched back to ecological formulas b6 p5p - just because it has a better thickening effect. you'll see if this works though, and can always switch if you want the cosmetic effect.

Whatabouthoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
looks about right. you're using 60 mls total liquid and 3 zinc?

Ive since switched back to ecological formulas b6 p5p - just because it has a better thickening effect. you'll see if this works though, and can always switch if you want the cosmetic effect.

I’m going off your initial first post mesuarments. About 45mls distilled water, 15 ml of the ethyl and 3 zinc capsules to go along with 3 p5p capsules. The bottle says they’re 50 a piece so I used 3 to get to your 150 count. Definitely will look to switch to the one you’re using currently though

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, finally I got my zix. But the liquid flows all around, I don't know how to use it better... Do you have any suggestions?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, finally I got my zix. But the liquid flows all around, I don't know how to use it better... Do you have any suggestions?

Shake it and use a dropper. I am otherwise not sure what you mean by "the liquid flows all around", though.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you store it? And can I use these spray bottles to apply it with?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transparen...f_rd_t=40701&refRID=QFTZF0AKPQ77K5GMYTD2&th=1

Btw my hairloss is slow. Probably shed like 15-20 hairs in the shower, but it's going to be difficult to know if it's working for me I think.

I store it in the bathroom. only dropper, it will clog a spray bottle. 15-20 is not much, but who knows it may slow it even further, and be more effective for you than me. That said it may be hard to monitor as you say, as it seems your hairloss may be slow moving to begin with.

mdalacu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. for somone with a good scale, could use this for zinc:
amzn.eu/d/aAFKUIS
I think it will have less residue material in solution and it will last an lifetime..:)).