My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone post a pic of their zix? Mine is yellow and looks like piss and drips down my face. How tf is this a cosmetic thickener? It just looks like there's piss in my hair. Did I do it wrong? Wtf?

epichair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @worm, I've been using only Super Zix II for about 8 years now. It seems to have slowed things down, but I have been losing ground.

I see your modified formula. You don't have the Polysorbate 20 or the HairMuck (saw palmetto and other stuff).

Why did you remove it? Didn't make much of a difference? I suppose you doubled up the ethyl alcohol in place of the polysorbate 20. Is that right?

Your formula is *very* simple with only 4 ingredients which is great, just wondering if I have the polysorbate and hairmuck, should I just add those in??

Also, Zix formula was for 4oz and yours is only 2oz which means you have 6x Zinc and 2x the P5P concentrations.

That is quite an increase in zinc which may be why it's more effective.

epichair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone post a pic of their zix? Mine is yellow and looks like piss and drips down my face. How tf is this a cosmetic thickener? It just looks like there's piss in my hair. Did I do it wrong? Wtf?

The yellow is from the B vitamins. It is a liquid. I don't think you did it wrong.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @worm, I've been using only Super Zix II for about 8 years now. It seems to have slowed things down, but I have been losing ground.

I see your modified formula. You don't have the Polysorbate 20 or the HairMuck (saw palmetto and other stuff).

Why did you remove it? Didn't make much of a difference? I suppose you doubled up the ethyl alcohol in place of the polysorbate 20. Is that right?

Your formula is *very* simple with only 4 ingredients which is great, just wondering if I have the polysorbate and hairmuck, should I just add those in??

Also, Zix formula was for 4oz and yours is only 2oz which means you have 6x Zinc and 2x the P5P concentrations.

That is quite an increase in zinc which may be why it's more effective.

Yes it's a big increase in concentration. I tried super zix 2 and noticed I started shedding pretty badly. Not to mention it was oily af so I went with what worked for me. I'm not sure at what point I double the concentration, maybe a year or two in. I upped the zinc early on though due to a forum users recommendation. It all helped. I would be tempted to add polysorbate again and even try azelaic acid again. I have a hard time messing with what works.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes its yellow, that's due to b6.

Jdog321try

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone done this from Australia?

Struggling to find the appropriate ingredients online and when I do they don't ship to Australia, thanks.

realdeal86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can an additional ingredient be added so it doesn't go off in 2 weeks, even when put in the fridge? Just wondering so I could make up a larger batch or multiple bottles.

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Vitamin B is a water-soluble vitamin, and zinc sulfate is insoluble in alcohol.
Is alcohol essential for Zix?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone done this from Australia?

Struggling to find the appropriate ingredients online and when I do they don't ship to Australia, thanks.

I'd suggest searching zix homemade hairloss or something and you'll find Joe's original site. You can email him, I know he's sold kits to people worldwide. My preference is original zix.

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just discovered this thread and...woah, 87 pages to go through! :):eek:

Quick one: I'm looking for a topical solution to add to my current regimen of Avodart and Nizoral/Regenepure DR. Don't want to go the Minoxidil route (it's messy to use with concealer and I tried it before when I was younger and got no results).

Zix sounds very, very appealing.

Questions:
1) Is anyone else in the UK mixing up a formula for themselves, and if so, is it easy to get hold of the necessary ingredients?

2) Is the mixture easy to make up?

3) How often do you need to apply it and when do you apply it (eg right after you wash your hair)?

4) If you apply it right after you wash your hair, does it affect you styling your hair afterwards?

Thanks much - and apologies if most of these questions have already been asked/answered many times over.

S

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
A number of people have enquired from europe. Amazon uk and ebay should have all the right items.

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And is this something that users can recommend as a viable complement to Dutasteide (or Finasteride), rather than instead of?

And also, as a viable alternative to RU?

epichair

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm -

Without the polysorbate 20, how do you ensure that the zinc and b6 don't clump together?

I tried your recipe and this is happening to me even if I shake it well.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm -

Without the polysorbate 20, how do you ensure that the zinc and b6 don't clump together?

I tried your recipe and this is happening to me even if I shake it well.

What type/brand of b6 are you using?

Also, what do you know about polysorbate 20 vs 80?