My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In about 13-14 years on. I cant say qith certainty it's as effective as day 1, but it's been 14 years. I've lost ground for sure, but at 41 I have more hair than most my age. How many months did u use it? As I ask because i go through periods where i shed much more than other seasons in the month.
I used it for about 7-8 months it was odd I got really optimistic it would maintain but then my temples get demolished. I'm going back on it now to at least slow down the progression.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it for about 7-8 months it was odd I got really optimistic it would maintain but then my temples get demolished. I'm going back on it now to at least slow down the progression.

Also, I find I've been applying zix on my temples and back of my head and its thickened things up a lot. Whereas on top, I'm maintainkng and thinning ever so slightly over the years.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Collagen depletion in the face will cause premature aging of the face. Read minoxidil causes this.

Interesting. I used it off and on for 8 years. I had dark circles, but I was also experiencing apnea while sleeping and was extremely tired all the time (therein a possible cause for circles too). I still look young, probably a decade younger than my age. My wife who is almost 6years younger than me claims I look younger than her. Looking older I guess wouldnt be a bad thing, except when I'm around 60 and dont want to get forced into retirement.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you mix it? What ratios?
I put about 600 mg of zinc and 300 mg of b6 in 3 ozs of water and one or a little bit more ozs of ethyl alcohol. Also I've been noticing a while after applying my hair gets lighter I think from the b6 maybe interacting with my shampoo that's left in but I'm also using topical setipripant so it could be that

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I put about 600 mg of zinc and 300 mg of b6 in 3 ozs of water and one or a little bit more ozs of ethyl alcohol. Also I've been noticing a while after applying my hair gets lighter I think from the b6 maybe interacting with my shampoo that's left in but I'm also using topical setipripant so it could be that

Your ratios are off - it should be 150mgs of b6 and 4-600mgs of zinc for every 2 ozs - so 225mgs + 800-1000 mgs of zinc for 3oz.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes absolutely, it was awful. I had bad seborrhea and these yellowish crusty growths on my scalp, which zix took care of. My hair is still oily af and need to wash it daily, but it's light years better.

Im really hoping the addition of Cet will send my hair loss protocol into hyperdrive - but that's hope (especially based on the cet reviews), not reality. I think I'll know more in the next week or two.
I would maybe look into topical seti, seems to be helping a few people at least

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would maybe look into topical seti, seems to be helping a few people at least

Zix works pretty amazingly considering I've barely lost ground in 14 years. Forgot to mention when the ratios are off, I start to shed again, so best not to write it off until you have the right formulation.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Zix works pretty amazingly considering I've barely lost ground in 14 years. Forgot to mention when the ratios are off, I start to shed again, so best not to write it off until you have the right formulation.
true thanks, so would using to much zinc cause shedding or only too little? Also do you think applying 3 times a day would be helpful at all?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
true thanks, so would using to much zinc cause shedding or only too little? Also do you think applying 3 times a day would be helpful at all?

I mostly apply once daily. At the beginning I'd suggest twice for a couple months. I've noticed that too much and too little zinc have a shedding effect. There is definitely a sweet spot there. I'd too either 2x220 mgs capsules and work up to three. See how you respond. And no more than 150mgs of b6 per 2ozs.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mostly apply once daily. At the beginning I'd suggest twice for a couple months. I've noticed that too much and too little zinc have a shedding effect. There is definitely a sweet spot there. I'd too either 2x220 mgs capsules and work up to three. See how you respond. And no more than 150mgs of b6 per 2ozs.
Thanks, I appreciate it, you're like one of the most respectable members on here

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do I store this? Can I just leave it in the open air in my graduated cylinder?

Also, I got a headache from using it, SOS

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do I store this? Can I just leave it in the open air in my graduated cylinder?

Also, I got a headache from using it, SOS

you can store it in the fridge. try using less zinc, maybe one pill, or dilute your solution by half with distilled water.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW someone on the brotzu thread posted they were using carrot stem cells + other ingredients. I looked it up and it has the components of zix. I have my doubts that the stem cells are working, but rather it's just the zix components. Needless to say, if it's simply the zix making this work, I suggest simply using zix, and not wasting your money on this.

http://montaser.com.au/product/rezult-hair-solution/

Whatabouthoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you recommend zix or is super zix as effective? Not really adept at making things like this from scratch and was thinking about purchasing a ready made one from qdbd.com.

I also have real bad dandruff and was worried the alcohol might dry me out worst.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you recommend zix or is super zix as effective? Not really adept at making things like this from scratch and was thinking about purchasing a ready made one from qdbd.com.

I also have real bad dandruff and was worried the alcohol might dry me out worst.

Zix will make it all healthy again. It costs about 1-2$/month mixing yourself. I use a modified version of the classic zix. It's worked best for me.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So would ZIX is seen as an anti-astragen? has anyone ever thought about adding azeliac acid to the mix?

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've read it's the opposite. B6 and zinc are anti estrogenic, but I thought zinc in high levels is anti astrogenic.

Can someone confirm? Worm?

I think it raises testosterone, yet it lowers dht.