My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
So would ZIX is seen as an anti-astragen? has anyone ever thought about adding azeliac acid to the mix?

Ive tried, but was using nizoral at the same time. For whatever reason I dont react well to nizoral and I know it causes shedding. Anyhow I was shedding more so I stopped. I should give it a fair shot again.

I believe this has Azelaic in it, it's zix with carrot stems cells added. Why carrots, beats the F out of me.

http://montaser.com.au/product/rezult-hair-solution/

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your sharing. I would like to try it but I lived in China, I can not buy the Zinc Sulfate directly..I have to pay 50 dollars for the shipping. I would like to try Zinc sulfate reagent directly. Dose it possible?
I also want to know that whether the zix will cause the accelerating of hair loss?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your sharing. I would like to try it but I lived in China, I can not buy the Zinc Sulfate directly..I have to pay 50 dollars for the shipping. I would like to try Zinc sulfate reagent directly. Dose it possible?
I also want to know that whether the zix will cause the accelerating of hair loss?

I saw alcohol in the recipe. Does alcohol cause hair loss?

No it does not accelerate hair loss. Try and find a good source of zinc sulfate heptahydrate. I'm sure most of the zinc is made in China or India. Try Alibaba, let me know what you find and I can tell you if I think it's good. Dont forget you need vitamin b6.

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it does not accelerate hair loss. Try and find a good source of zinc sulfate heptahydrate. I'm sure most of the zinc is made in China or India. Try Alibaba, let me know what you find and I can tell you if I think it's good. Dont forget you need vitamin b6.
Thank you! I just order Zinc sulfate heptahydrate reagent and vitamin B6 P5P on the Internet. I can not wait to try them. I will report my result to you as soon as possible.

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
May I ask that what is the function of vitamin B6 P5P ? Can I replace it with normal vitamin B6?
Propecia and Zix, which one do you think is better? Do you think it can replace the Propecia?
I have no choice to give up the Propecia because of the terrible side effects... I did not find a better treatment even RU

Maximus Hair!

Reaction score
I mostly apply once daily. At the beginning I'd suggest twice for a couple months. I've noticed that too much and too little zinc have a shedding effect. There is definitely a sweet spot there. I'd too either 2x220 mgs capsules and work up to three. See how you respond. And no more than 150mgs of b6 per 2ozs.

Hey @worm. I've been using Zix for about 3 months now. I started off with 2 zinc capsules and worked my way up to 3 in like a week or 2. It worked really well the first month. But I've noticed it's not working as well the last 2 months as I've been shedding more. This could be because I was using topical Setipiprant before I started Zix. I stopped the Setipiprant because it gave me sides and my shedding increased soon after I quit. But then I used Zix and it brought my shedding down to the same level as when I was on Setipiprant. But this only worked for a month as I mentioned before. It could also be because maybe I use too much Zix. I read that you wrote it can increase shedding if you use too much Zinc. I'm using the same amount of Zinc in my Zix as you, but I use about 4-5 ml on my whole head 2 times a day, while you only use 1-2 ml. So what do you think I should do?

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @worm. I've been using Zix for about 3 months now. I started off with 2 zinc capsules and worked my way up to 3 in like a week or 2. It worked really well the first month. But I've noticed it's not working as well the last 2 months as I've been shedding more. This could be because I was using topical Setipiprant before I started Zix. I stopped the Setipiprant because it gave me sides and my shedding increased soon after I quit. But then I used Zix and it brought my shedding down to the same level as when I was on Setipiprant. But this only worked for a month as I mentioned before. It could also be because maybe I use too much Zix. I read that you wrote it can increase shedding if you use too much Zinc. I'm using the same amount of Zinc in my Zix as you, but I use about 4-5 ml on my whole head 2 times a day, while you only use 1-2 ml. So what do you think I should do?

Did u notice if your shedding increased when you went from 2 to 3 zinc? What if you try going back down to 2 zinc pills? Also, I only really apply about 4mls once a day.

Maximus Hair!

Reaction score
Did u notice if your shedding increased when you went from 2 to 3 zinc? What if you try going back down to 2 zinc pills? Also, I only really apply about 4mls once a day.

No. It only increased after around a month of using 3 zinc. Was fine the first month. Do you think applying 4-5 ml twice per day is too much or is it fine?

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. It only increased after around a month of using 3 zinc. Was fine the first month. Do you think applying 4-5 ml twice per day is too much or is it fine?
Do you think zix can works as well as propecia? I have no choice but to give up the propecia because of the terrible side effects.

Maximus Hair!

Reaction score
Do you think zix can works as well as propecia? I have no choice but to give up the propecia because of the terrible side effects.

Like everything with hair loss it depends on your genes. Since it's like a weaker Finasteride it can work but how effective it is depends on you. Not sure if there are any reports of people getting regrowth, but you'll either get maintanence at best, slow down of loss, or it will do nothing for you at worst. Good Luck!

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like everything with hair loss it depends on your genes. Since it's like a weaker Finasteride it can work but how effective it is depends on you. Not sure if there are any reports of people getting regrowth, but you'll either get maintanence at best, slow down of loss, or it will do nothing for you at worst. Good Luck!
OK, thanks!

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm,

I just started to store my Zix in the fridge I have been using it for around 2 months without putting it in the fridge and recently came off of propecia. Does the Zix degrade quickly if not in the fridge? It seems to be working better now (less itch as indicator) but it has only been a day.

Furthermore I had a somewhat sad realization. Have there been any studies about Zix or the B6 Zinc combination and it's effect on hairloss? (as in a trial on a group of people?). If hypothetically Zix worked 60% as good as propecia that would be a huge deal to millions of men. Imagine the men who have lasting side effects from propecia that could have been saved if they had the option to use Zix knowing that it would work fairly well.

Imagine if someone from Merck or another Pharma company knows about Zix. They would not do a study on it because there would be no profit involved since we can make Zix at home. Imagine if a formal Zix study was done 10 years ago and it proved close to the maintenance of finasteride. Zix could have been popularized across the world and prevented some of the awful side effects that finasteride can cause.

Thanks for your work Worm I am hoping with Zix in the fridge it will hold me until Trinov, our nearest glimmer of hope.

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm,

I just started to store my Zix in the fridge I have been using it for around 2 months without putting it in the fridge and recently came off of propecia. Does the Zix degrade quickly if not in the fridge? It seems to be working better now (less itch as indicator) but it has only been a day.

Furthermore I had a somewhat sad realization. Have there been any studies about Zix or the B6 Zinc combination and it's effect on hairloss? (as in a trial on a group of people?). If hypothetically Zix worked 60% as good as propecia that would be a huge deal to millions of men. Imagine the men who have lasting side effects from propecia that could have been saved if they had the option to use Zix knowing that it would work fairly well.

Imagine if someone from Merck or another Pharma company knows about Zix. They would not do a study on it because there would be no profit involved since we can make Zix at home. Imagine if a formal Zix study was done 10 years ago and it proved close to the maintenance of finasteride. Zix could have been popularized across the world and prevented some of the awful side effects that finasteride can cause.

Thanks for your work Worm I am hoping with Zix in the fridge it will hold me until Trinov, our nearest glimmer of hope.
Can you describe your feelings of Zix? Do you think zix can significantly reduce hair loss? My material is still on the way, I don't know if zix is valid for me.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys can we use this with minoxidil? I remember considering zix in the past bit did not go on it as I heard that is reduces effectiveness of minoxidil. Are people having results combined with minoxidil?
Is it sufficient to leave a few hrs apart?