My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm. I have tried the fix from 2018.11.02.
I used 500 mg of zinc sulphate heptahydrate powder, 150mg VB6 p5p, 40ml distilled water, 20ml alcohol. But my hair is still falling off... Does it mean zix is useless to me? I feel so sad... and hopeless...

How much are you shedding. I would reduce the alcohol to 10-15 mls. please explain with more detail, and what brand are you using for vitamins?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have taken some pictures before using minoxidil and zix, now I have to say I am having some shed in my hairline, the minoxidil hair is not too strong so it sheds easy, both of my sides in my hairline gained almost the same hair with minoxidil, but only my right side is not shedding I think is because my left side was the first that experienced hairloss and where the hair miniaturized most, so it doesnt works the same, I don't feel sad but a little dissaponited, I don't shed a lot but 4-5 extra hairs in there and they are super thin.

I upload some photos, the first was taken with an older phone, it have bad quality and light but you it can be seen the loss i had, the second photo when I was happy with minoxidil working and the last two photos are from today. I'm still seeing 5-10 in the bathroom so i'm happy, just waiting for minoxidil to grow those new hairs longer and regrown the little hairs that I've lost these days

Dude you hair is super thick. Only losing 5-10 hairs is great for the amount of hair you have. Obviously you want improve though. Just keep it up for 6 months, and you'll have a much better feeling to where this is all going.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm, how often are you applying Zix these days? And did you only switch back to the old B6 for the cosmetic effect, not because of waning results?

I only apply 1x daily - I use about 4 mls per application. I switched back because I didnt get the impression that there was any difference between the two types, so I went back to the tablets which (as you say) really have a good cosmetic effect on my hair. Results were not waning,

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much are you shedding. I would reduce the alcohol to 10-15 mls. please explain with more detail, and what brand are you using for vitamins?

I use the zix twice a day, 3ml per time. The alcohol concentration is 75%.
Here are some pictures about my Vitamin B6 p5p.

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TB23qgAfm7PL1JjSZFHXXcciXXa_!!2601281291.jpg_400x400.jpg

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use the zix twice a day, 3ml per time. The alcohol concentration is 75%.
Here are some pictures about my Vitamin B6 p5p.

what kind of zinc do you use? Are you sure you're using ethyl alcohol and not isopropyl?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
500mg Zinc sulfate heptahydrate every time. I am sure I am using alcohol. I bought it from the medical shop.

isopropyl alcohol is also an alcohol.

how many hairs are you losing in the shower before and after you started zix? How long have you been using this? are you using it in these proportions?

600-660 mgs zinc sulphate
150mgs vit b6 p5p
10-15 mls ethyl alcohol
45-50 mls water

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
isopropyl alcohol is also an alcohol.

how many hairs are you losing in the shower before and after you started zix? How long have you been using this? are you using it in these proportions?

600-660 mgs zinc sulphate
150mgs vit b6 p5p
10-15 mls ethyl alcohol
45-50 mls water

I used the medical disinfection alcohol and the concentration is 75%. I have been using it for 25 days.
I did not counted the specific number of hair. I used to take a shower in the school bathroom, there is no bathtub here, and the hair will flow directly into the sewer. I will try to wash my hair with a washbasin and count the specific number next time. I used to lose 50 hair per time when I started hairlossing.

I have been using it for 25 days. (starting at 2018.11.02)

My zix contains the following ingredients:
500mg zinc sulfate heptahydrate
150mgs vit b6 p5p
20ml alcohol (75%)
40ml water

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
All zix does is still remove the 5AR enzyme. Better than finasteride, possbily minoxidil, but it's important to keep in mind it's an antiandrogen applied on the scalp all the time.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
All zix does is still remove the 5AR enzyme. Better than finasteride, possbily minoxidil, but it's important to keep in mind it's an antiandrogen applied on the scalp all the time.

I dont agree with this. I think the reason it does work is that it does reduce 5ar, but not as effectively as finasteride and it does not promote growth like minoxidil. Because it's a topical, and for other reasons, it does not have sides, which is why I believe it's way better than finasteride, even though it may not reduce 5ar/dht as much.

I believe this could have much better results when combined with minoxidil.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont agree with this. I think the reason it does work is that it does reduce 5ar, but not as effectively as finasteride and it does not promote growth like minoxidil. Because it's a topical, and for other reasons, it does not have sides, which is why I believe it's way better than finasteride, even though it may not reduce 5ar/dht as much.

I believe this could have much better results when combined with minoxidil.
What in your statement is a disagreement to me?
I did not say it has sides but that it is a 5AR reducer.

Inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity of zinc potentiated by vitamin B6 in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia and role of N-acetyl-cysteine in chemotherapy-induced alopecia [1]

Vitamin B6 potentiated the inhibitory effect of zinc, but not of azelaic acid, suggesting that two different mechanisms are involved. When the three substances were added together at very low concentrations which had been shown to be ineffective alone, 90% inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity was obtained.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3207614

I just think people need to be aware that it is an anti androgen; whether it passes the skin to affect the brain or blood levels, well that is probably likely so.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
What in your statement is a disagreement to me?
I did not say it has sides but that it is a 5AR reducer.

Inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity of zinc potentiated by vitamin B6 in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia and role of N-acetyl-cysteine in chemotherapy-induced alopecia [1]

Vitamin B6 potentiated the inhibitory effect of zinc, but not of azelaic acid, suggesting that two different mechanisms are involved. When the three substances were added together at very low concentrations which had been shown to be ineffective alone, 90% inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity was obtained.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3207614

I just think people need to be aware that it is an anti androgen; whether it passes the skin to affect the brain or blood levels, well that is probably likely so.

Im basing this on my own experience, having used finasteride for 7 years, which was more effective than zix but had sides. I dont see that zix reduces my dht by 90%, at least in the form im using. Maybe the Azelaic brings it there, which I believe that study suggests.

My experience with Azelaic may have resulted in my shedding, but that may be due to me using nizoral at the same time, which I know makes me shed.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im basing this on my own experience, having used finasteride for 7 years, which was more effective than zix but had sides. I dont see that zix reduces my dht by 90%, at least in the form im using. Maybe the Azelaic brings it there, which I believe that study suggests.

My experience with Azelaic may have resulted in my shedding, but that may be due to me using nizoral at the same time, which I know makes me shed.
You can be experiencing side effects you're not aware of. Or perhaps you're not, though with the use of alcohol I imagine it goes into the blood.

Someone should take a blood test not on anything, and then take a blood test 3 weeks after daily application of zix and see if their hormones shave been changed.

When I used zix I think I felt less energy, and after I took finasteride I took zix again two days after, and the finasteride sides didn't go away until I stopped using zix.

Rock12

My Regimen
Reaction score

I believe in that study they are referring to 5 alpha activity in the skin not serum dht level. How much it affect your dht level will depend on how much goes systemic and how differently it affect 5 alpha activity else where in the body.

Rock12

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can be experiencing side effects you're not aware of. Or perhaps you're not, though with the use of alcohol I imagine it goes into the blood.

Someone should take a blood test not on anything, and then take a blood test 3 weeks after daily application of zix and see if their hormones shave been changed.

When I used zix I think I felt less energy, and after I took finasteride I took zix again two days after, and the finasteride sides didn't go away until I stopped using zix.
Im pretty sure it affects my hormone levels. But it all depends on the vehicle you are using, the more alcohol you use is the more systemic it will go and affect your hormones.

If you have strong hormone levels you might not feel it. But if you had already mess with your hormone levels and they are not strong, you will more than likely feel it.

mdalacu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, i finally have all the ingredients, so, i have made Zix like this.
1 - 14.5 ml alcohol 96% ~ 20 ml at 70%
2 - 3x zinc sulphate 50 mg = 150 mg
3 - 6x B6 25 mg = 150 mg
4 - distiled water ~ 40 ml (i filled the rest of the container 60ml ~ 2oz)
What do you think, it is ok, too much alcohol?
I have used minoxdilil for the past 2 years with no success but i am afraid to stop it. I put only 1 ml in the morning, if i use it in the evening i will not sleep well...
So , yesterday i applied in the evening Zix. No sides at all until later in the night when i got a terrible ED.
In the morning i have tried again...same result!!! :-/
Could it be related to Zix? Should i continue to apply and hope for the best?
Did anyone else experienced ED when on Zix? Please note that i am not talking about low libido (the desire is there).
i am scared like sh*t in this moment! :)))

Attachments

• IMG_20181130_143739.jpg
    IMG_20181130_143739.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 246

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using zix for nearly a year now, I have no sides. If anything my sex drive is really high.

I have never used finasteride either. Find it hard to believe vitamins can give ED.