My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A month is nothing, no need to give up.

Btw, are you microneedling? If not, check out the thread and get a dermapen ASAP.
Worm said that zix will reduce hairloss after 20 days. However, I have tried it for more than 40 days...I feel so depressed and hopeless...
I did not microneddl, I don't know whether it is necessary.

Beatle

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm. I am 33 and have a good head of hair, very minor temple recession (I'm probably a norwood 1 or 1.25?) and i think some thinning on the crown (very minor, only my obsessive self would notice). It still causes me anxiety, moreso the possibility of losing it. Your thread is inspiring so I have decided to proactively try prevention instead of doing nothing until hair loss is noticeable. I think doing something is psychologically important.

Today I ordered the Zinc Sulfate you recommended and the 50mg B6 P5P pure encapsulations brand in order to make Zix, according to your instructions. It cost $80 because i live in Canada.

This is my first treatment, other than Nizoral once per week - but i use that for dandruff so I don't know if that counts. It would be nice to maintain a few years before adding something stronger if necessary. I'll keep track of my progress using Zix alone. Thank you for providing so much information.

INT

Reaction score
Just because that is what happened to worm does not mean it will be the same for you. Maybe it takes longer, maybe it will not work. Time will tell. Use it for a couple months and then see if it is time to up your game. You can already look into alternatives.

I had 2 very stressful weeks due to personal circumstances and travel and I forgot to bring my Zix on the road. After 4 days I had a monster shed. Now back on it for 3 days again and the shedding is getting less. Will get a haircut today so it will be hard to compare since 'shedding' is always significantly less after a haircut due to less broken hairs that (I have long hair).

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just because that is what happened to worm does not mean it will be the same for you. Maybe it takes longer, maybe it will not work. Time will tell. Use it for a couple months and then see if it is time to up your game. You can already look into alternatives.

I had 2 very stressful weeks due to personal circumstances and travel and I forgot to bring my Zix on the road. After 4 days I had a monster shed. Now back on it for 3 days again and the shedding is getting less. Will get a haircut today so it will be hard to compare since 'shedding' is always significantly less after a haircut due to less broken hairs that (I have long hair).
How long did you find the zix start working?

Zinox

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using zix and minoxidil, started using both almost at the same time and my hair stop shedding after two months. Zix makes my scalp feel really nice, I'm applying 2ml at night

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using zix and minoxidil, started using both almost at the same time and my hair stop shedding after two months. Zix makes my scalp feel really nice, I'm applying 2ml at night

Are you seeing increased hair growth ?

Zinox

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you seeing increased hair growth ?

Yes, I'm feeling a lot more volume in my hair, and I think that's zix working, I'm only applying minoxidil on my frontal and crown area and zix all over my head. Before using zix my hair was falling from everywere and I noticed less volume.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it be effective to use this every other day? At the moment I apply like 5 types of oils on my scalp before I go to bed, but it would suck to drop them completely.

During the day I apply minoxidil, so I am not sure how I am going to fit everything into my regimen.

I would not bother unless you drop the oil.

A quick question since I can't be bothered to read 93 pages, will this not work orally? I mean if you take Zix ingredients orally why shouldn't it have the same effect?

It's purely a topical. No it will not have the same effect. I have noticed my scalp health improve while taking zinc though. But its not the same.

I found that I will lost about 60 hair after washing... I have tried zix for more than a month... Nothing has changed... I feel so hopeless.

It sometimes has to do with your ingredients. Not all are the same.

Hi Worm. I am 33 and have a good head of hair, very minor temple recession (I'm probably a norwood 1 or 1.25?) and i think some thinning on the crown (very minor, only my obsessive self would notice). It still causes me anxiety, moreso the possibility of losing it. Your thread is inspiring so I have decided to proactively try prevention instead of doing nothing until hair loss is noticeable. I think doing something is psychologically important.

Today I ordered the Zinc Sulfate you recommended and the 50mg B6 P5P pure encapsulations brand in order to make Zix, according to your instructions. It cost $80 because i live in Canada.

This is my first treatment, other than Nizoral once per week - but i use that for dandruff so I don't know if that counts. It would be nice to maintain a few years before adding something stronger if necessary. I'll keep track of my progress using Zix alone. Thank you for providing so much information.

I don't mean to cause you worry, but nizoral causes me to shed. I dont know if it's a bad interaction with zix, but I do not use nizoral whatsoever.

I live in canada too. You should be able to get the ingredients for much less. I also switched back to ecological formulas p5p.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I'm feeling a lot more volume in my hair, and I think that's zix working, I'm only applying minoxidil on my frontal and crown area and zix all over my head. Before using zix my hair was falling from everywere and I noticed less volume.

Amazing. I'm tempted to start, ive just been waiting for the results of brotzu, for like 2+ f'in years.

Beatle

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not bother unless you drop the oil.

I don't mean to cause you worry, but nizoral causes me to shed. I dont know if it's a bad interaction with zix, but I do not use nizoral whatsoever.

I live in canada too. You should be able to get the ingredients for much less. I also switched back to ecological formulas p5p.
Nizoral hasn't caused me to shed, but if i find it causes me to shed with Zix, i will discontinue the Nizoral.

Where do you order your ingredients from? And my order didn't go through so i might try the ecological formula if you think it is a better P5P. Can you share any links?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nizoral hasn't caused me to shed, but if i find it causes me to shed with Zix, i will discontinue the Nizoral.

Where do you order your ingredients from? And my order didn't go through so i might try the ecological formula if you think it is a better P5P. Can you share any links?

Then I would guess it's the interaction between the two then - I do not respond well whenever I have tried to add nizoral, only results in massive shedding.

Try these -
https://www.amazon.com/Ecological-F...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JX9GRV7BQJ8YYZVDHP8Y

This one is about $12 USD + $10 shipping to Canada.

https://www.naturalhealthyconcepts....MI5tC5mvCq3wIVq6OzCh3lmwXSEAQYASABEgKlafD_BwE

That to me is reasonable, as you'll pay $12 anyways for a bottle. $10 in shipping is fair especially if you buy multiple bottles. But to try, I would just buy one. A bottle will make 14 batches - so about 30 weeks or so. Not super cheap, but cheaper than any alternative.

I get my ethyl alcohol at shoppers drug mart (pharmaprix) - think it's $2 or something.

Beatle

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then I would guess it's the interaction between the two then - I do not respond well whenever I have tried to add nizoral, only results in massive shedding.

Try these -
https://www.amazon.com/Ecological-F...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JX9GRV7BQJ8YYZVDHP8Y

This one is about $12 USD + $10 shipping to Canada.

https://www.naturalhealthyconcepts....MI5tC5mvCq3wIVq6OzCh3lmwXSEAQYASABEgKlafD_BwE

That to me is reasonable, as you'll pay $12 anyways for a bottle. $10 in shipping is fair especially if you buy multiple bottles. But to try, I would just buy one. A bottle will make 14 batches - so about 30 weeks or so. Not super cheap, but cheaper than any alternative.

I get my ethyl alcohol at shoppers drug mart (pharmaprix) - think it's $2 or something.
Thanks Worm. Your help is really kind.

I ordered from the bottom link. That is a reasonable price (22 USD = 30 CAD). The B6 P5P is 20mg, so i assume you must use 7 or 8 capsules of this brand instead of 3 for the Pure Encapsulations?

Also, I am not sure what the top link is, is that the zinc sulfate? It says Co-Enzyme B Complex. Have you switched? I ordered Pluspharma one: https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Zinc-Sulfate-220mg-Capsules/dp/B00E4MJYYS

Thanks again for your help. Last question - where do you get your distilled water from? Shoppers Drug Mart also?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Worm. Your help is really kind.

I ordered from the bottom link. That is a reasonable price (22 USD = 30 CAD). The B6 P5P is 20mg, so i assume you must use 7 or 8 capsules of this brand instead of 3 for the Pure Encapsulations?

Also, I am not sure what the top link is, is that the zinc sulfate? It says Co-Enzyme B Complex. Have you switched? I ordered Pluspharma one: https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Zinc-Sulfate-220mg-Capsules/dp/B00E4MJYYS

Thanks again for your help. Last question - where do you get your distilled water from? Shoppers Drug Mart also?

Yes for distilled water. I made a mistake on the ethyl alcohol. I live in quebec and get it at jean coutu pharmacy.

The zinc looks great, price seems decent too. Not sure if ebay will yield cheaper, u can always check. Pluspharma is the only brand I can stand by

Reaction score
Wow, finding all the ingredients in my country was a lot of work. (Zinc Sulfate in particular)
So I need the ship HealthAid Zinc Sulphate from UK.
All in all it would cost me 40 Euros to get all of these.