My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Use the directions on the first page. It works out to about $2 month i think, maybe less...

My pics are below. The first was probably around 27 y.o. I had just come off finasteride and minoxidil, I started early, so maintained most of my hair (I was not under a light at the time).

The last is a couple months ago (directly under a halogen bulb), it was a good hair day. My hair has receeded probably close to an inch in the past 12 years, and it's looks pretty thin when it's greasy.

View attachment 46697 View attachment 46698

You had perfect hair when you were 27.
I don't think you had MBP and you kept your hair until now because you were never going to lose it.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you had MBP and you kept your hair until now because you were never going to lose it.

He is thinning at the hairline in the second pic, so does have male pattern baldness irrespective of it being slow.

My hair is worse than his, but I have maintained after using zix for a year. A lot of people have reported success using it, check HLH.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

That is completely wrong. When I was 18/19 I was losing over 200 hairs daily for months until I started treatments. I lost a lot of hair in that time, and rebounded amazingly with finasteride. I was on finasteride from 20 to 27. Any time Ive gone off a treatment, the massive shedding resumes - including zix. Baldness is rampant in my family on both sides. Zix has done wonders for me and that's why I am sharing my experience. I have nothing to gain except the good feeling of knowing that i am hopefully helping others from losing their hair, confidence and all the crap that comes with it.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used 440mg Zinc, 150mg P5P, 15ml ethanol and 45ml distilled water.

Well it could be a couple things. It could be any one of your ingredients. I have tried different since and b6s and I find only a few are effective. That doesnt mean others arent, I haven't experimented with too many brands. Zinc needs to be heptahydrate.

It could also be your concentrations.

Lastly it could be you dont respond. Personally it's easy to write it off without tinkering with the ideal mix. Maybe you could try Joe's mix and see if you have better results.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is completely wrong. When I was 18/19 I was losing over 200 hairs daily for months until I started treatments. I lost a lot of hair in that time, and rebounded amazingly with finasteride. I was on finasteride from 20 to 27. Any time Ive gone off a treatment, the massive shedding resumes - including zix. Baldness is rampant in my family on both sides. Zix has done wonders for me and that's why I am sharing my experience. I have nothing to gain except the good feeling of knowing that i am hopefully helping others from losing their hair, confidence and all the crap that comes with it.

Fair enough.

I have 2 questions.

1-have you seen anyone got side effects similar to finasteride side effects since both are 5ar inhibitors?
2-how come zix causes stronger erections while finasteride causes weaker erections in spite of having the same mechanism?

Thanks for sharing your experience

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm I’m traveling abroad for 2 days and couldn’t take zix, do I have anything to worry about?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fair enough.

I have 2 questions.

1-have you seen anyone got side effects similar to finasteride side effects since both are 5ar inhibitors?
2-how come zix causes stronger erections while finasteride causes weaker erections in spite of having the same mechanism?

Have no sides after a year of using it. Still get morning wood etc

Erections seem to be the same as before zix.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

To add, he has nothing to gain financially from this, and has shared photos - which is why there must be some validity in Worm’s claims.

Worm, out of interest, who invented zix - was it joe?

Besides meeee if it doesn’t work you would have not lost much financially, zix is so cheap.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To add, he has nothing to gain financially from this, and has shared photos - which is why there must be some validity in Worm’s claims.

Besides meeee if it doesn’t work you would have not lost much financially, zix is so cheap.

I haven't accused him of deceiving or lying or trying to gain anything financially

All what I said is that he probably thought he had MBP while in reality he did not. How many times we have seen new members who are NW0 asking if they are balding and afraid of being bald the next month?

But since op responded to finasteride and noticed less shading then yeah probably he had MBP

I am actually thinking about trying zix out.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t put mine in the fridge, just room temperature and remains yellow if that helps
Well it could be a couple things. It could be any one of your ingredients. I have tried different since and b6s and I find only a few are effective. That doesnt mean others arent, I haven't experimented with too many brands. Zinc needs to be heptahydrate.

It could also be your concentrations.

Lastly it could be you dont respond. Personally it's easy to write it off without tinkering with the ideal mix. Maybe you could try Joe's mix and see if you have better results.

Thanks for the reply. My Zinc is exactly as yours but my B6 is not, maybe it is crap. Will change and see how. btw, maybe this has been answered before but is B6 really necessary ? i.e. have you tried Zinc + ethanol + water before ? Still effective ?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't accused him of deceiving or lying or trying to gain anything financially

All what I said is that he probably thought he had MBP while in reality he did not. How many times we have seen new members who are NW0 asking if they are balding and afraid of being bald the next month?

But since op responded to finasteride and noticed less shading then yeah probably he had MBP

I am actually thinking about trying zix out.

If it helps, you can see my 1 year update here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ave-saved-my-hair.101629/page-95#post-1747059

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fair enough.

I have 2 questions.

There have been two maybe three people who over the past 15 years have claimed sides I know about (mostly in this thread). I cant say that I believe there would be sides but I am not the one experiencing it. So who knows....

I have not heard of zix giving erections. I do supplement with zinc picolinate sometimes which does wonders for my sex drive and getting hard. Inexperienced issues with finasteride though, where I definitely had less drive and softer erections.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm I’m traveling abroad for 2 days and couldn’t take zix, do I have anything to worry about?

I've been without for a few days. I wouldnt worry about it. Usually itch kicks in for me when I dont use it daily. I bring it on trips with me.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah absolutely, joe is the inventor - based on the that study that was published (who I guess is the real inventor). He is a godsend.

There is however revivogen, which is basically the same as zix plus a few more ingredients. I dont think its anymore effective yet it costs $30 /month I believe. I believe it came after Joe's recipe.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. My Zinc is exactly as yours but my B6 is not, maybe it is crap. Will change and see how. btw, maybe this has been answered before but is B6 really necessary ? i.e. have you tried Zinc + ethanol + water before ? Still effective ?

Yes, I have during this thread. I thought it was the same, but I lost some ground so went back to using it with b6. Ecological formulas is my go to b6, it works well and is acts as a great cosmetic thickener too.

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fair enough.

I have 2 questions.

Zinc acts as a 5ar inhibitor but very weak compared to finasteride so I guess it still give erections but at the same time maintain hairs...It only blocks the scalp dht at a % and do not block serum dht which is greaterly responsile for erections...(Scalp dht is the one which effects hair follicles more than dht in blood)Same thing topical finasteride does and it give side effects as it blocks dht at a much greater extent.
And b6 p5p increases IGFBP3(low in people having male pattern baldness and prostate cancer)

Last edited: