My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Zix used to be very popular are HLH.com, with many users reporting success and even regrowth. Would love to know how they're making out these days.

Maximus Hair!

Reaction score
Hey @worm I was curious.

Why is Ethyl Rubbing Alcohol used instead of Ethanol/Everclear?

Why did you switch to Ecological Formulas from Pure Encapsulations p5p?

Does the left over sediment powder left behind by Zix hinder the absorption of other topicals? What about the yellow stain it leaves on your scalp, does that block absorption also?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched back because it gave me better styling and thickening. Shedding was about the same, so I went back to my tried and true.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @worm I was curious.

Why is Ethyl Rubbing Alcohol used instead of Ethanol/Everclear?

Why did you switch to Ecological Formulas from Pure Encapsulations p5p?

Does the left over sediment powder left behind by Zix hinder the absorption of other topicals? What about the yellow stain it leaves on your scalp, does that block absorption also?

I think everclear does the same job, though I've never tried everclear.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @worm. How about my 3rd question. Any theories?

I dont think it has a my detrimental effect. It has been suggested that by one user that the shelf life is only about one week. I think there may be some truth to that, but I still find it effective as I get to the bottom of the bottle. But i might say maybe not as effective, but good enough for me. In the meantime I like the sediment, I find it helps as a cosmetic thickener.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using this for 3 months now, can't tell if it is working or not, but I don't think I have lost ground. I keep on getting paranoid that it might not be doing anything, and then wondering if I should use topical finasteride.

Was using classic zix - water and zinc but have changed to ethol alcohol, distilled water and zinc. With Alcohol my hair does look cosmetically thicker after applying zix to thinning areas.

Originally used, ethol alcohol (90%) and I was shedding a lot more than 70%

Currently applying zix to hairline and temples/temple points

1 year update

started jan 2018

Jan 7th

2z83xx5.jpg

(Dec 25th 2018)

2h860yv.jpg

I think that I have maintained. This thin area is my problem area and where I mainly apply zix.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
How aggressive was your loss before you started zix? Thanks for the update btw.

Not that aggressive to be fair, but I have been gradually losing hair since my early 20s . I am 33 now.

Around the time I hopped onto zix was when I first noticed the area in photos were thin, so thought that I needed to do something quickly.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @worm, my zix turned WHITE after about 2 weeks (it should be YELLOW due to P5P). Is it normal or does it imply that my Zix has decayed ? Many thanks.

INT

Reaction score
Hi @worm, my zix turned WHITE after about 2 weeks (it should be YELLOW due to P5P). Is it normal or does it imply that my Zix has decayed ? Many thanks.

I have the same issue. Currently I am experimenting with just making 1 week batches.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never seen it turn white. Maybe the yellow fades a bit. I usually use a bottle every two weeks. One person said they think it stays good for a week. Not sure why yours turned white though. Do you live in a hot area?

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never seen it turn white. Maybe the yellow fades a bit. I usually use a bottle every two weeks. One person said they think it stays good for a week. Not sure why yours turned white though. Do you live in a hot area?

Yup. It is hot here. But I put my zix in the fridge though, not sure whether it affects or not ??

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup. It is hot here. But I put my zix in the fridge though, not sure whether it affects or not ??

Well maybe the fridge did it. I know when it's hot here in the summer (over 30 celcius) mine has never gone yellow. What brand of p5p do you use?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great to me. I would say your hair seems darker, date I say a little more robust 1 year on. But maybe that's the lighting, photo quality.

Probably lighting, photo quality. Latest photo was taken on iPhone XS, old photo was taken on an iPhone 6