My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like you I've been in this game a long time. I absolutely hate liquid min, too greasy. Foam worked well, but I got a weird side. I don't want to push a company but minoxmax topicals with different min % mixed with either AA or finasteride and other stuff has worked great for me. I do the mag/pepp topical too so that I have 2 synergies with one being all natural.

On a scale of 10, my hair at the moment is an 8. In January it was a 4, and falling. Like mentioned, my hair bounces back well, though I've noticed more shedding lately, but nothing serious. This is why this Zix solution looks like a great add on since controlling inflammation is key.

If I may suggest applying zix 12 hours apart from your other topicals.

Also, for me nizoral and zix seem to cause me shedding.

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I may suggest applying zix 12 hours apart from your other topicals.

I agree. Was thinking doing the minoxidil topical in the am and space out the mag/pep oil and zix in the pm.

I'll adjust accordingly from there.

Thanks for your help.

Also, for me nizoral and zix seem to cause me shedding.

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just posted my profile pic, I'm not shy to show my face. Pic from Aug 2018.

Yeah, yeah, it looks like I have great hair but I've shedded twice since then. I'm pretty much back to this look - I believe I was on onion juice at that time lol. I've since changed to MSM, which is put in my daily smoothie; This has a half dozen hair friendly compounds in it. Listen guys I'm trying my best since I have liquid finasteride on low dosage as my hail Mary. Though the final chapter would have me getting a frontal 3rd of my scalp transplanted (Spain or Turkey).

Sorry that this post is not relevant to zix, I just wanted you guys to know more about me. I'm here to share and listen.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but still be very cautious when using topical fina, some still get sides on that and if you combine that with microneedling, it will be absorbed in the blood stream much more efficient.
yes, dosage is pivotal.
saying topical isn't enough

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, dosage is pivotal.
saying topical isn't enough

Yes, I'd start with half dose every other day. But like mentioned it didn't hit me that hard probably due to my age (pill form). I would also use it mixed with a slew of other compounds that is sold by a company I mentioned about, that too would lessen the potential severity of it. This is the probably the safest way to use it IMO. Again, this is last resort.

This weekend I'm buying the pure powders to make zix.

Undertone

My Regimen
Reaction score
nah - you can source the products in europe for ebay.co.uk
Thanks @worm but I actually really wanted to use the pure encapsulation and plus pharma brands that's why I got the stuff shipped from the US. I was really concerned about the heat harming the pills that's all.

Is there any know sides using ZIX?
I know inibiting 5AR is never a good thing:).

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only read about 2 people in this thread who claimed to have side effects. And 1 guy who had sides said it was 10x less than when he was taking oral fina.

But most don't have any I think.

Btw, this is my conjecture about zix and side effects:

The daily suggested intake of zinc ranges from 10 mg to 45 mg from what I've read. The daily suggested intake of B6 is 1,5 mgs (with a max intake of 25 mgs/day by EFSA, european food agency).

So a standard solution of 60 mls of zix contains 3 x 220 mgs zinc. So 660 mgs of zinc in total and 150 mgs of B6.

So 1ml contains 11mg of zinc and 2,5 mgs of B6. One application of zix uses about 2 ml to cover the head. That means if you only apply zix once a day you get (if everything gets into the bloodstream) 22 mgs of zinc and 5 mgs of B6.

This seems to be safe to me, everything is in normal ranges even if you'd apply zix two times/day. Of course the symbiotic effects of zinc an b6 make it have AA properties if we look at the studies, I can see it having a strong effect on local tissue but when going in the bloodstream, the quantities are too low to cause damage. Unlike fina where only a small amount can block a big percentage of DHT.
Is it working for you, Pigeon?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only read about 2 people in this thread who claimed to have side effects. And 1 guy who had sides said it was 10x less than when he was taking oral fina.

But most don't have any I think.

Btw, this is my conjecture about zix and side effects:

The daily suggested intake of zinc ranges from 10 mg to 45 mg from what I've read. The daily suggested intake of B6 is 1,5 mgs (with a max intake of 25 mgs/day by EFSA, european food agency).

So a standard solution of 60 mls of zix contains 3 x 220 mgs zinc. So 660 mgs of zinc in total and 150 mgs of B6.

So 1ml contains 11mg of zinc and 2,5 mgs of B6. One application of zix uses about 2 ml to cover the head. That means if you only apply zix once a day you get (if everything gets into the bloodstream) 22 mgs of zinc and 5 mgs of B6.

This seems to be safe to me, everything is in normal ranges even if you'd apply zix two times/day. Of course the symbiotic effects of zinc an b6 make it have AA properties if we look at the studies, I can see it having a strong effect on local tissue but when going in the bloodstream, the quantities are too low to cause damage. Unlike fina where only a small amount can block a big percentage of DHT.

Thanks for chiming in. For the zinc though 220mgs is 50mgs of elemental zinc. So your intake is about 25% of that - so abt 5mgs a day. And realistically how much of that is absorbed into your body?

Last edited:

herzenya

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @worm I just stumbled upon this massive thread and read a few pages. I have a few questions if you don't mind.
I have never done any treatments, but with a noticeably receding hairline, I fear I have to start. Have you changed the Zix formula at all since your first post? I see that there are mixed Zix + minoxidil results, has this thread reached a consensus? Also, would it be better to buzz my hair very short before trying anything topical, or you feel it doesn't make a difference?
Thanks for this thread.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @worm I just stumbled upon this massive thread and read a few pages. I have a few questions if you don't mind.
I have never done any treatments, but with a noticeably receding hairline, I fear I have to start. Have you changed the Zix formula at all since your first post? I see that there are mixed Zix + minoxidil results, has this thread reached a consensus? Also, would it be better to buzz my hair very short before trying anything topical, or you feel it doesn't make a difference?
Thanks for this thread.

My formula is the same.

Rzuty

My Regimen
Reaction score
Starting zix today, bought the zinc sulphate from eBay (Lithuania), the p5p caps from Amazon.
Used about 15ml 90pc alcohol plus 45ml distilled water. The ingredients dissolved well and it's not too yellow.
I also started cetirizine 1ml, applied 15min before. Perhaps the alcohol from zix helps with the cetirizine absorption.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Startiing zix today, bought the zinc sulphate from eBay (Lithuania), the p5p caps from Amazon.
Used about 15ml 90pc alcohol plus 45ml distilled water. The ingredients dissolved well and it's not too yellow.
I also started cetirizine 1ml, applied 15min before. Perhaps the alcohol from zix helps with the cetirizine absorption.

I was just looking at my massive bottle of cetirizine which I never tried. Let us know how it goes. Good luck

Saulo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anyone trying Zix and Dermaroller (Dermapen) together? I might want to give that a try my own...

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's a corticosteroid, like clobetasol. I used clob. after I lost my hair due to seb derm, and it indeed grew back (only using corticosteroids & Nizoral/Selsun)...but then again my Doctor said I had Telogen Effluvium and not male pattern baldness...not sure how it would work for someone with mbp.

But to be fair its not advised to use it in the long run as there's a lot of sides.

INT

Reaction score
Do you know the mechanisms? Is it an AA?

God f*****g dammit, just wrote an lengthy post to answer your question with examples and research and now I accidentally removed it. Will do another attempt this weekend. Summary: So testosterone gets converted to DHT by 5-alpha reductase and hits the AR receptor. It causes PGD2 to be produced via PGD2 synthase, and once PGD2 hits the CTHR2 receptor (PGD2 receptor) it causes inflammation via cytokines and Dkk1 (ie. itchy scalp) that causes the immune system to slowly kills the hair follicle. Hydrocortisone suppresses inflammation/the immune response.

INT

Reaction score
it's a corticosteroid, like clobetasol. I used clob. after I lost my hair due to seb derm, and it indeed grew back (only using corticosteroids & Nizoral/Selsun)...but then again my Doctor said I had Telogen Effluvium and not male pattern baldness...not sure how it would work for someone with mbp.

But to be fair its not advised to use it in the long run as there's a lot of sides.

I have yet to see any compelling evidence that low dosages as 1% of hydrocortisone can cause the side effects that are associated with corticosteroids like thinning of the skin etc. I am also not planning to use this on a daily base. If I experience results I want to decrease the number of times I apply it back to twice a week to avoid potential risks as much as possible. Let's be honest, pretty much all treatments have some side effects. The safety profile of low dose hydrocortisone is safe enough for me to take my chances at this point.

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have yet to see any compelling evidence that low dosages as 1% of hydrocortisone can cause the side effects that are associated with corticosteroids like thinning of the skin etc. I am also not planning to use this on a daily base. If I experience results I want to decrease the number of times I apply it back to twice a week to avoid potential risks as much as possible. Let's be honest, pretty much all treatments have some side effects. The safety profile of low dose hydrocortisone is safe enough for me to take my chances at this point.

ima be honest with you, I been using clobetasol for 20+ years now, because of my psoriasis... and I'm fine. I either use it 3 times a week, for several consecutive months, or I use it every day, then take a 2 weeks break.