My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Steven young

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm reading more about magnesium and its effects on calcification. Maybe will add to zix in the future.

I won't use magnesium chloride because chloride is harmful for scalp in long time, magnesium citrate is better.
Hi Pgieon,if I use magnesium citrate to resist calcification, what concentration should I use? Can it be added into zix?

Undertone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I put "sweat" in the search field and found this:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ave-saved-my-hair.101629/page-87#post-1724060

It seems the vitamin B6 can indeed cause yellow stains when you sweat.

Thanks @-Link- , I think this guy was talking about dried up solution dropping from the forehead with the sweat ! I don't know.

I would like to discuss the potential sides of ZIX, don't wanna be that gut but today I'm feeling off, kinda like a brain fog with an inability to focus.
Libido is quite good with good Erections. I'm just feeling fatigued and foggy. I know some people reported the same thing here, I've never used Finasteride nor any AA drugs.
And I absolutely need 100% mental clarity to perform well in my job and passions.
I skimmed through the thread, and some people claim to have sides.

@worm I know you feel 100X times better off Finasteride now, and I know you definitely don't have all the answers BUT is ZIX really a safe topical ? And I'm asking this to anyone who tried it :) !
Thanks a lot, It's really been helping with the shedding and I don't wanna drop it off !

Smizzy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just notice I been using distilled water for my zix formula which has electrolytes added to it. Do any of you guys think this would be a problem?? I don’t think so but just curious to ask.

Attachments

• C9E176C4-808A-436B-B945-5424A5857D2C.jpeg
    C9E176C4-808A-436B-B945-5424A5857D2C.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 168

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results, omg.

So that proves zix + microneedling is a valid alternative to the minoxidil + microneedling combo.

I was always wary against using minoxidil because it's very bad for collagen. I read about many guys who aged a lot because of minoxidil, heart problems, etc. + also reports about potential pfs symptoms, if I recall correctly a study showed minoxidil is also an AA like fina but chances of side effects are much lower than oral fina of course.

Wow those are excellent results.

Yes, minoxidil is not good towards collagen as I have first hand knowledge of this. Though, I've fought this with collagen powder and made my own cream that has helped.

I'm waiting for my zix components to arrive so I can start using them, and If this does well for me then I'll think hard if I should replace my current minoxidil regiment since I would like to dermaroll too with zix but not while on minoxidil.

Work in progress.

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just looked at the formula on the first page and there is ethyl alcohol (ethanol). Is it ok if the ethanol is denaturated? Like this product: https://www.newpharma.be/apotheek/f...MI9O2w_cqu5QIVgYxRCh1dng41EAQYBCABEgJwtPD_BwE

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did anyone try to add liquid Saw Palmetto to zix? I am maybe planning to try this as an extra DHT inhibitor (and i react bad to minoxidilà

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score

This doesn't surprise me that much. Some things to consider:

-The guy is young and his loss was diffuse. These are typically the best responders to most treatments.
-Back in the day, there was a lot of Zix success on this forum and others, but the formulas used were always very basic. Not even alcohol added. Just zinc, B6, and distilled water.
-I'm not sure how much of a roll dermarolling played. This is just my opinion. Most deramrolling success is typically accompanied with minoxidil use. My gut tells me that their success is increased absorption of minoxidil, OR they are first-time minoxidil users...who generally get good initial results. I can't recall seeing any long-term minoxidil users suddenly gaining ground by adding dermarolling to their minoxidil regimens.
-If I had to bet, I would say this guy is a great Zix responder, using the precise formula that yielded the best results for most over the years.

Just my 2 cents.

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone answer my 2 questions please? :) If 'denaturated' alcohol is ok and if it is a good idea to add saw palmetto lotion to zix?

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

just bought all the ingredients for Zix, mixed it up and applied it for the first time. Just realized my mix is probably wrong, though. So here are some of my questions. Forgive me, the answers are probably already here but honestly, 130 pages are a lot and the search function isn't really helping.

1. I used worm's formula, or so i thought. Even bought a little scale to measure everything. Bought the B6 from pure encapsulations, the Zinc Sulfate from PlusPharma. To my surprise, I didn't need to crush anything, just had to open both types of tablets. Think I read that I had to crush them somewhere. Anyway, what surprised me even more was that what was inside of the B6 already weighs 170mg. So I just added a little less than 1 to the mix. I suppose this is wrong? Since there is only 17mg of B6 inside one capsule. Just realized this. So I need to add around 9 to a 60ml mix, correct?
I feel like this might be a common mistake actually. People just buy your suggested B6 and don't consider the filler agents. Maybe edit your first post?

2. Can I just add the other 8 capsules to the mix now? Will they dissolve in the water/alcohol mix? I made sure to dissolve the stuff before in Alcohol first, then add the water.

3. How long does Zix last? Does it last longer in a fridge?

4. Are there any reported side effects, especially sexual ones? If there are, are there any counter measures? I used to take finasteride, fucked me up but I recovered. Can't really afford to have sexual sides right now since I'm in a new relationship right now.
Is it safe for the Zix to get on your pillow (and then face)?

5. If there are sexual sides, why is that? I thought zinc, if anything, increases your test/libido. I also felt that if i eat zinc heavy, my libido increases (anecdotal).

6. How is Zinc Sulfate different from other types of Zinc?

Thanks everyone, I will keep you updated how it goes for me.

Also taking small amounts of oral minoxidil though, and doing scalp exercises, so I will probably not be able to tell you guys exactly what Zix does for me.
1. You have the capsules. Only tablets need crushing. See the first post for how many capsules to add.

3. No one knows. Just avoid making too large batches. The refrigerator makes it last longer.

4. Almost no one reports sexual side effects. Zix is much safer than finasteride. No problem to get on face.

I would not use oral minoxidil. Sounds harmful. Use Zix instead.
Hi guys help me pls
Now i bought Pyridoxinum B6 10pcs in single-dose 1ml containers
How many of these containers i need to make 1 month solution (60ml) ?
https://i.imgur.com/f2Vj4F0.jpg
Use only the products from the first page of this thread.
Can someone answer my 2 questions please? :) If 'denaturated' alcohol is ok and if it is a good idea to add saw palmetto lotion to zix?
Yes, you can use denatured ethanol like many others. Avoid adding saw palmetto lotion or anything else that could ruin the formula.
I'm having trouble finding ethyl alcohol here in Australia. Do you think this is okay?

https://www.sydneysolvents.com.au/ethanol-1-litre
This is 99 percent. You should not add as much of it as people do with 70 percent. You could go to the pharmacy and ask for ethanol around 70 percent. Some people use vodka. The original Zix formula contains no alcohol:

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_formulas_7.htm

Last edited:

ian_832

My Regimen
Reaction score
If excess solute is present, what do you do to remove these particles? I ask because i don't know if by doing so will lessen the effect of zix.

What do you think?

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
If excess solute is present, what do you do to remove these particles? I ask because i don't know if by doing so will lessen the effect of zix.

What do you think?
Are you referring to yellow powder at the bottom of your bottle? This is standard with Zix. No problem. Just like the sugar you find at the bottom of your coffee cup. Just shake your bottle before each application.