My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, will you apply the zix at your hair whorl? My hairloss started at the hairline, there seems to be no change in the hair of my hair whorl, so in the beginning, I applied the zix at my hairline or the top of my head. However, recently, a lot of dandruff appeared in my hair whorl. They will appear when I wash my head for about an hour. Even if I have just finished washing my hair, dandruff will appear very quickly, probably no more than 1 hour. Should I apply them to mu hair whorl? Thanks.

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those dandruffs are huge, almost as big as half of my little fingernails. They are white or slightly yellow. The dandruff is accompanied by itching. Here is a photo of my dandruffs.

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WIN_20191012_12_49_59_Pro.jpg

Should I apply the zix to my hair whorl?

Steven young

My Regimen
Reaction score
[引用=“詹姆士激情,帖子:1843244,会员:137756”][附上=全部]130040[/附上]
Should I apply the zix to my hair whorl?[/QUOTE]
Hi James, I have read the information you posted before, you live in china,and are u chinese?can we add a Wechat, I have something about zix to discuss with you.

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[引用=“詹姆士激情,帖子:1843244,会员:137756”][附上=全部]130040[/附上]
Should I apply the zix to my hair whorl?
Hi James, I have read the information you posted before, you live in china,and are u chinese?can we add a Wechat, I have something about zix to discuss with you.[/QUOTE]
Yes I am Chinese. What is your wechat number?

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anti-Inflammatory. Some people have reported success (even regrowt) over the years.

Yeah, people have had good initial responses, though there's an unwanted side of skin thinning, maybe use a lower % and/or cycle it.

What also sucks about this is that you better put it on at nite and shampoo it out in the morning due to it's greasiness.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, will you apply the zix at your hair whorl? My hairloss started at the hairline, there seems to be no change in the hair of my hair whorl, so in the beginning, I applied the zix at my hairline or the top of my head. However, recently, a lot of dandruff appeared in my hair whorl. They will appear when I wash my head for about an hour. Even if I have just finished washing my hair, dandruff will appear very quickly, probably no more than 1 hour. Should I apply them to mu hair whorl? Thanks.

I am not sure i completely understand what you are asking. But there is residue in zix, so it may be that you are mistaking for dandruff. Otherwise, you may try and put less alcohol, it may be cause drying and flaking.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12932243

might it worth a try with pyrithione zinc?

"No advantage was seen in using both the 5% minoxidil topical solution and the 1% pyrithione zinc shampoo"

It also says that only the investigator noticed the difference for the pyrithione alone.

Needless to say I use head and shoulders daily (1% pyrithione), and find it the best for my scalp health.

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

just bought all the ingredients for Zix, mixed it up and applied it for the first time. Just realized my mix is probably wrong, though. So here are some of my questions. Forgive me, the answers are probably already here but honestly, 130 pages are a lot and the search function isn't really helping.

1. I used worm's formula, or so i thought. Even bought a little scale to measure everything. Bought the B6 from pure encapsulations, the Zinc Sulfate from PlusPharma. To my surprise, I didn't need to crush anything, just had to open both types of tablets. Think I read that I had to crush them somewhere. Anyway, what surprised me even more was that what was inside of the B6 already weighs 170mg. So I just added a little less than 1 to the mix. I suppose this is wrong? Since there is only 17mg of B6 inside one capsule. Just realized this. So I need to add around 9 to a 60ml mix, correct?
I feel like this might be a common mistake actually. People just buy your suggested B6 and don't consider the filler agents. Maybe edit your first post?

2. Can I just add the other 8 capsules to the mix now? Will they dissolve in the water/alcohol mix? I made sure to dissolve the stuff before in Alcohol first, then add the water.

3. How long does Zix last? Does it last longer in a fridge?

4. Are there any reported side effects, especially sexual ones? If there are, are there any counter measures? I used to take finasteride, fucked me up but I recovered. Can't really afford to have sexual sides right now since I'm in a new relationship right now.
Is it safe for the Zix to get on your pillow (and then face)?

5. If there are sexual sides, why is that? I thought zinc, if anything, increases your test/libido. I also felt that if i eat zinc heavy, my libido increases (anecdotal).

6. How is Zinc Sulfate different from other types of Zinc?

Thanks everyone, I will keep you updated how it goes for me.

Also taking small amounts of oral minoxidil though, and doing scalp exercises, so I will probably not be able to tell you guys exactly what Zix does for me.

Last edited:

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry my English is poor. I mean when you applied the zix, will you put it on your whole head or just the hairline?

Undertone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

just bought all the ingredients for Zix, mixed it up and applied it for the first time. Just realized my mix is probably wrong, though. So here are some of my questions. Forgive me, the answers are probably already here but honestly, 130 pages are a lot and the search function isn't really helping.

1. I used worm's formula, or so i thought. Even bought a little scale to measure everything. Bought the B6 from pure encapsulations, the Zinc Sulfate from PlusPharma. To my surprise, I didn't need to crush anything, just had to open both types of tablets. Think I read that I had to crush them somewhere. Anyway, what surprised me even more was that what was inside of the B6 already weighs 170mg. So I just added a little less than 1 to the mix. I suppose this is wrong? Since there is only 17mg of B6 inside one capsule. Just realized this. So I need to add around 9 to a 60ml mix, correct?
I feel like this might be a common mistake actually. People just buy your suggested B6 and don't consider the filler agents. Maybe edit your first post?

2. Can I just add the other 8 capsules to the mix now? Will they dissolve in the water/alcohol mix? I made sure to dissolve the stuff before in Alcohol first, then add the water.

3. How long does Zix last? Does it last longer in a fridge?

4. Are there any reported side effects, especially sexual ones? If there are, are there any counter measures? I used to take finasteride, fucked me up but I recovered. Can't really afford to have sexual sides right now since I'm in a new relationship right now.
Is it safe for the Zix to get on your pillow (and then face)?

5. If there are sexual sides, why is that? I thought zinc, if anything, increases your test/libido. I also felt that if i eat zinc heavy, my libido increases (anecdotal).

6. How is Zinc Sulfate different from other types of Zinc?

Thanks everyone, I will keep you updated how it goes for me.

Also taking small amounts of oral minoxidil though, and doing scalp exercises, so I will probably not be able to tell you guys exactly what Zix does for me.

Don't want to overshadow this post cause it's some extremely interesting questions,
But I'm wondering, my zix doesn't have any any smell, I'm not using alcohol, but i've seen people reporting a bad smell, is there something wrong ? My zix is really odorless

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't want to overshadow this post cause it's some extremely interesting questions,
But I'm wondering, my zix doesn't have any any smell, I'm not using alcohol, but i've seen people reporting a bad smell, is there something wrong ? My zix is really odorless

Just added 8 capsules of B6 and the liquid turned from waterish to yellow. Also more smell. I would imagine its the kind of smell you get when you mix lots of water with a little alcohol and even less piss. Yes, it kind of smells like pee in the slightest, but that smell fades even more when it's dry. Guess thats the B6, not sure though. My GF didn't comment on it either so I don't think its noticeable after some time.

Can't really say anything about Zix yet except that it does have a nice cosmetic effect and makes your hair look thicker.

Are you sure you are using the right amount of B6?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just added 8 capsules of B6 and the liquid turned from waterish to yellow. Also more smell. I would imagine its the kind of smell you get when you mix lots of water with a little alcohol and even less piss. Yes, it kind of smells like pee in the slightest, but that smell fades even more when it's dry. Guess thats the B6, not sure though. My GF didn't comment on it either so I don't think its noticeable after some time.

Can't really say anything about Zix yet except that it does have a nice cosmetic effect and makes your hair look thicker.

Are you sure you are using the right amount of B6?

How many mgs per B6 capsule?

Undertone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using the classic 3 capsules (150mg) of B6

Can zix actually stain sweat?
Cause I've noticed some strange yellow mark under my armit on a white shirt.
Is that a thing?

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm reading more about magnesium and its effects on calcification. Maybe will add to zix in the future.

I won't use magnesium chloride because chloride is harmful for scalp in long time, magnesium citrate is better.

Interesting, do you have a link for that?

The only reason I use it is because it's the best absorbed magnesium transdermally. It's actually in a formula with peppermint oil and some other add ons under the name elixir. I believe that is it but I'd have to look it up.

I'm willing to give zix an honest try.