My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Asaf

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys, so has anyone tried and got good results when using zix with micro needling and or oil solutions?

ian_832

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi people,

I've been using zix for a couple of weeks now, and i think it hasn't worked so far. Still shedding quiet a lot, but i'm not giving up on it yet.
Two questions:
-Should i put zix in the freezer? I know the mix contains alcohol and in theory should be enough for something i'll be using for half a month, but with bacteria you never know.
-It is okay if i filter the mix or it will decrease its efficacy?

GROWTH

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi people,

I've been using zix for a couple of weeks now, and i think it hasn't worked so far. Still shedding quiet a lot, but i'm not giving up on it yet.
Two questions:
-Should i put zix in the freezer? I know the mix contains alcohol and in theory should be enough for something i'll be using for half a month, but with bacteria you never know.
-It is okay if i filter the mix or it will decrease its efficacy?
I think %30 alcohol is enough anti bactierial in winter

Steven young

My Regimen
Reaction score
[引用=“蠕虫,帖子:1836173,会员:22650”]谢谢你的反馈。当我使用葡萄糖酸的时候,我不能说它的效果。欢迎大家尝试,但强烈建议使用硫酸盐。

Did you shedding decrease?[/QUOTE]
I have changed it to B6(p5p), it works better than the ordinary B6. My shedding is still the same, maybe a little less. about 10 -12 a day. But it does make my scalp fell comfortable, less inflammation less greasy. I also use Sp at the same time. In the latest month I noticed the density of my temple increased. I think Sp and zix works jointly.

Last edited:

Steven young

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys, so has anyone tried and got good results when using zix with micro needling and or oil solutions?
I have use microneedling for 2 months, once a week. As I said ,the density of my temple has increased apparently.I also use zix 4ml/day ,eat SP 800mg/day.So it's hard to say which one is the key. But I tend to think they have different function and they work jointly.last week, I start use rosemary essential oil mixed with castor oil. So far I just use it twice, I'll go with it for a longer time and feedback. I suggest dont use zix less than 12hr after microneedling ,it will make me headache.

GROWTH

My Regimen
Reaction score
Brother you should absloutly try distilled water alone to solve zinc , It ıs much more better solving alone in water , also dont add too much alchol to solution after that %30 is ok but zinc is solving much better alone in water just give it a try and see

Also do you use minoxidil and zix together , I heard minoxidil reacts with zix and make its effect lower

GROWTH

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw palmetto orally at high doses is almost equal to the effect of fina. (be cautious of side effects though)

So in your case it's indeed hard to say from what you got your results.

somewhere I read that finasteride is inhibitng type 2 , saw is inhibating type 1 , that means saw wont cause to erectyle dyfcunciton but Im not sure is this makes diffeent on sides

Steven young

My Regimen
Reaction score
[引文=“鸽子,帖子:1838749,会员:129553”]使用高剂量的棕榈片,几乎等于国际泳联的效果。(小心副作用)

So in your case it's indeed hard to say from what you got your results.[/QUOTE]
To be honest, it does have some sides,low libido,and sometimes I fell like a little drunk.SO what is the suggested doses of SP?

Steven young

My Regimen
Reaction score
somewhere I read that finasteride is inhibitng type 2 , saw is inhibating type 1 , that means saw wont cause to erectyle dyfcunciton but Im not sure is this makes diffeent on sides

Actually, it does cause ED,but it will recover after stopping it for about two days .

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm in from Toronto and took your advice and checked Dollarama, shoppers , rexall and googled can't find 95% ethyl alcohol or even 70% , all they have is rubbing and isopropyl. Found this on amazon.ca please let me know if this is correct as per the description:

"Ethyl alcohol, denatured

Specially Denatured Blended 95% Ethanol and 5% Methanol suitable for all routine histology/cytology preparations"

Thank you

GROWTH

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what he meant. Most people have sides with oral AA's (like saw palmetto), sides are probably less when used topically.
Yep , also microdose topical usage of finasteride is effective and non dangerous , my last plan is topical finasteride and I will lower dose in time

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm, New poster and soon to be user of Zix. I had to laugh when I read that you could obtain the 70% ethyl alcohol from dollarama, I have this and had to use a magnifying glass to confirm that's what it was. $1.50 well spent.

I also need some clarification on the measurements since I'll be using the pure form of zinc sulfate monohydrate and b6 P5P. I presume 220 mgs = 0.220 grams? I'm weighing this on my milligram scale.

I'm doing different topicals in the morning and nite and I've been battling thinning since 36, I'm 49 now. I'm a super responder, since I've had 2 ridiculous points during this time of extreme miniturization, almost seemed as if hair wasn't growing and almost sticking to my scalp. Thankfully I went on topicals, which had "woken up" these hairs. It seems every 4 or so months my hair starts to collapse, currently I'm good, but this would be a great addition to my regiment.

Guys, DHT pills are poison, finasteride didn't hit me that hard but discontinued due to I can see where I was going. Topicals are where it's at IMO.

Great discussion.

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm, New poster and soon to be user of Zix. I had to laugh when I read that you could obtain the 70% ethyl alcohol from dollarama, I have this and had to use a magnifying glass to confirm that's what it was. $1.50 well spent.

I also need some clarification on the measurements since I'll be using the pure form of zinc sulfate monohydrate and b6 P5P. I presume 220 mgs = 0.220 grams? I'm weighing this on my milligram scale.

I'm doing different topicals in the morning and nite and I've been battling thinning since 36, I'm 49 now. I'm a super responder, since I've had 2 ridiculous points during this time of extreme miniturization, almost seemed as if hair wasn't growing and almost sticking to my scalp. Thankfully I went on topicals, which had "woken up" these hairs. It seems every 4 or so months my hair starts to collapse, currently I'm good, but this would be a great addition to my regiment.

Guys, DHT pills are poison, finasteride didn't hit me that hard but discontinued due to I can see where I was going. Topicals are where it's at IMO.

Great discussion.

What topical are you currently using ?

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What topical are you currently using ?

It sounds like bioscience but there's an actual study on both; one I make and the other I purchase. I do magnesium chloride flakes, others know it as magnesium oil, and I use it with peppermint oil. There's a study that it was more effective than 2% minoxidil. Yes, I know it's a little weak but it depends how aggressive your situation is. Magnesium oil removes calcium build up on the scalp and pep helps with circulation. Magnesium oil is excellent transdermally.

The other is from minoxilmax, 5% minoxidil with azelaic acid and a couple of add ons. I know what's been said with AA, but it has helped me. Honorable mention that I use daily is Niacin, ecklonia cava and maca.

I'm doing these until the next time I get hit. I have liquid finasteride in controlled low doses if required.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm in from Toronto and took your advice and checked Dollarama, shoppers , rexall and googled can't find 95% ethyl alcohol or even 70% , all they have is rubbing and isopropyl. Found this on amazon.ca please let me know if this is correct as per the description:

"Ethyl alcohol, denatured

Specially Denatured Blended 95% Ethanol and 5% Methanol suitable for all routine histology/cytology preparations"

Thank you

Here's a pic of the ethyl alcohol from dollarama.

20191003_212411.jpg

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Great discussion.

The only reason i discovered the ethyl alcohol from dollarama is because my colleagues use it to clean their glasses, screens, phones. I asked what that was, and sure enough ethyl alcohol.

yes p5p is in mcgs.

Are you on minoxidil? I feel like i could use a boost. I responded well to minoxidil in the past, but evenutally it stops working. I dont know why i am so hesitant this time, Ive started and stopped over10-15 times. Last time i used minoxidil though was about 14-15 years ago.

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only reason i discovered the ethyl alcohol from dollarama is because my colleagues use it to clean their glasses, screens, phones. I asked what that was, and sure enough ethyl alcohol.

yes p5p is in mcgs.

Are you on minoxidil? I feel like i could use a boost. I responded well to minoxidil in the past, but evenutally it stops working. I dont know why i am so hesitant this time, Ive started and stopped over10-15 times. Last time i used minoxidil though was about 14-15 years ago.

Like you I've been in this game a long time. I absolutely hate liquid min, too greasy. Foam worked well, but I got a weird side. I don't want to push a company but minoxmax topicals with different min % mixed with either AA or finasteride and other stuff has worked great for me. I do the mag/pepp topical too so that I have 2 synergies with one being all natural.

On a scale of 10, my hair at the moment is an 8. In January it was a 4, and falling. Like mentioned, my hair bounces back well, though I've noticed more shedding lately, but nothing serious. This is why this Zix solution looks like a great add on since controlling inflammation is key.

Bangkokboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like you I've been in this game a long time. I absolutely hate liquid min, too greasy. Foam worked well, but I got a weird side. I don't want to push a company but minoxmax topicals with different min % mixed with either AA or finasteride and other stuff has worked great for me. I do the mag/pepp topical too so that I have 2 synergies with one being all natural.

On a scale of 10, my hair at the moment is an 8. In January it was a 4, and falling. Like mentioned, my hair bounces back well, though I've noticed more shedding lately, but nothing serious. This is why this Zix solution looks like a great add on since controlling inflammation is key.

Sorry, wanted to add. Because it's mixed with other liquids, I feel it works with these compounds and lessens the potential sides. This is what I've experienced anyways. It's also fast drying too without propylene glycol.