My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

INT

Reaction score
Yeah, I think most here do not experience sides. Although I've seen two people here in this thread who said they had side effects although 10x less than when they were on fina if I recall correctly.

But of course, I don't doubt that some people who are very sensitive could experience sides effects since Zinc and B6 working in a symbiotic way cause AA effects, hence zix being effective against hairloss.

Imo, zix should be one of the first lines of defence against hairloss. Cheap, relatively safe and seems to work. Especially for young guys and people who's hairloss is not aggressive.

When are you planning to start yourself btw? The more individuals try, the more the community learns:)

INT

Reaction score
I think that your highly overestimating the efficacy of zix. I have been using it daily for 2 months and on and off for 4, and it didn't do sh*t. Like it does for most people.

Shame that it did not work for you, does not mean you have to generalize your experience to that of everyone else. Many people have reported maintenance.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shame that it did not work for you, does not mean you have to generalize your experience to that of everyone else. Many people have reported maintenance.

Like who besides worm in recent years ? I just don't think that someone that's balding at a young age should waste their precious time trying zix.

GROWTH

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always see residue in bottle , I think that is starch my pharmacist firend said that I can filter it , should we filter that ? Its comes from zincs
adjuvant , what do you think about filtering theese ?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like who besides worm in recent years ? I just don't think that someone that's balding at a young age should waste their precious time trying zix.

Me?

Also posted photos on thread

I think zix doesn’t work if you have aggressive hair loss

GROWTH

My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard people do zix super by adding saw palmetto into it but how do they solve saw palmetto extract ? It doesnt solved in alchol on my zix lotion

Oueyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so i'm around 2-3 months in now. I can say that i,ve seen a light improvment, hair is thickier after applying lotion, i couple it with microneedling everyday. Has maybe some regrow, however not sure about that but i have little hairs around the hairline. Still shading around 20 hairs per day. But seems to have slow down these days.

Dropped fina after taking it for like 3-4 weeks, not going to touch this sh*t again.

My routine is basicaly zix 1 or 2 times everyday + microneedling for 5 min + scalp massage when i'm motivated.

Murat312

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so i'm around 2-3 months in now. I can say that i,ve seen a light improvment, hair is thickier after applying lotion, i couple it with microneedling everyday. Has maybe some regrow, however not sure about that but i have little hairs around the hairline. Still shading around 20 hairs per day. But seems to have slow down these days.

Dropped fina after taking it for like 3-4 weeks, not going to touch this sh*t again.

My routine is basicaly zix 1 or 2 times everyday + microneedling for 5 min + scalp massage when i'm motivated.
How many hairs did you shed before you started using Zix ?

GROWTH

My Regimen
Reaction score
At the worst time i would say like 50-60, but it has always fluctuate, last week i sheded less than this week, it's kinda weird. Overall i can see less sheds.
How do you count them ? Did you count each hair fall from your scalp ?

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tbh counting hair is useless, depends on a lot of things, what are you eating? do you sleep well? etc... when I eat sugar I lose hair the next day, when I eat healthy I lose 2 hair a day

Joffre

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the link of the guy who used both minoxidil and zix.

Very impressive results. I havent seen any updates since June.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ve-saved-my-hair.101629/page-116#post-1808828

@Joffre do u have updates?

Here's my update:
I changed my zix formula. Replaced azelaic acid with herb tonic (30ml of nasturtium extract). I think azelaic acid disrupted my original solution after couple of weeks and irritated my scalp too much. Shedding occured and I lost some hair, I think it is worse. Got shorter haircut now. Took some pictures (attached). Camera flashlight shone merciles light on my hair and the sad truth was revealed. I cannot have short haircuts apparently. Also I am considering dropping minoxidil and change it to copper tripeptide hair gel (some Korean stuff). I've been using it for a month and couple of black smal hair grew in my temples where my teenage original hairline was (but about 10 hair only). I am still undecided whether to completely drop it, but I'd like to see if I can gain some improvements after 6 month in my facial looks. I think minoxidil devastated it and I look older than I am. Or maybe it's due to excessive DHT.

Attachments

• Back 30.8.19.JPG
    Back 30.8.19.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 813
  • Front 30.8.19.JPG
    Front 30.8.19.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 451
  • Top 30.8.19.JPG
    Top 30.8.19.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 690
  • TOP 2 30.8.19.JPG
    TOP 2 30.8.19.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 642

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's my update:
I changed my zix formula. Replaced azelaic acid with herb tonic (30ml of nasturtium extract). I think azelaic acid disrupted my original solution after couple of weeks and irritated my scalp too much. Shedding occured and I lost some hair, I think it is worse. Got shorter haircut now. Took some pictures (attached). Camera flashlight shone merciles light on my hair and the sad truth was revealed. I cannot have short haircuts apparently. Also I am considering dropping minoxidil and change it to copper tripeptide hair gel (some Korean stuff). I've been using it for a month and couple of black smal hair grew in my temples where my teenage original hairline was (but about 10 hair only). I am still undecided whether to completely drop it, but I'd like to see if I can gain some improvements after 6 month in my facial looks. I think minoxidil devastated it and I look older than I am. Or maybe it's due to excessive DHT.

If I may chime in. You're falling victim to the kitchen sink approach. What I can offer up is joe who initially put this formula together suggested dropping azelaic altogether. I was adding it separately for a stretch, and it caused shedding. Joe said that it goes bad quickly with azelaic. My sense is, just plain stay away and stick to zinc, b6 and ethyl alcohol. Stick to minoxidil 1x daily 12 hours apart from zix. And it should stabilize. Adding copper peptides e
etc will muddy your results, and may be counter productive. At least with this simple approach you'll have a baseline after 6 months or so you can experiment with. otherwise you'll have a hard time knowing what works and doesnt.

I know adding all these supposed effective treatments seems like itll only boost your results but my strong sense is they often negate each other and you most likely end off worse off. That said minoxidil and zix spread apart I understand is well tolerated and has good results.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doing a bit of conjecture to calculate what the chances are of getting side effects from zix.

The daily suggested intake of zinc ranges from 10 mg to 45 mg from what I've read. The daily suggested intake of B6 is 1,5 mgs (with a max intake of 25 mgs/day by EFSA, european food agency).

So a standard solution of 60 mls of zix contains 3 x 220 mgs zinc. So 660 mgs of zinc in total and 150 mgs of B6.

So 1ml contains 11mg of zinc and 2,5 mgs of B6. One application of zix uses about 2 ml to cover the head. That means if you only apply zix once a day you get (if everything gets into the bloodstream) 22 mgs of zinc and 5 mgs of B6.

This seems to be safe to me, everything is in normal ranges even if you'd apply zix two times/day. Of course the symbiotic effects of zinc an b6 make it have AA properties if we look at the studies, I can see it having a strong effect on local tissue but when going in the bloodstream, the quantities are too low to cause damage. Unlike fina where only a small amount can block a big percentage of DHT.

Can someone comment if my train of thought is wrong or right?
just think of zinc as an hormon regulator: gives you what u're lacking (at dosage you indicated)
and remember that you're not getting elemental zinc, every commercial form has a low rate absorption.
it has been used for libido even at 150mg oral per die in the picolinate form which is very bioavailable (which are 31mg of elemental zinc)
not likely at all that gives you sides on topic solution.

Ljames

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I ask how long before you guys say any results from zix? Also any thoughts of oral minoxadil to avoid them interacting with each other?

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like people are neglecting the potential of adding azelaic acid but the science clearly shows that using it with zinc results in superior DHT inhibition as compared to using either of them separately. Azelaic acid is also very safe and has an excellent toxicological profile. It has been used in lipogaine and is used in minoxidilmax products. In my opinion, this should be the starting point. Even if Joe’s highly suspect bro science conclusion of the mixes negating each other after some time is true, just create the mixtures separately and apply at the same time.

Robinvanpersie20

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like people are neglecting the potential of adding azelaic acid but the science clearly shows that using it with zinc results in superior DHT inhibition as compared to using either of them separately. Azelaic acid is also very safe and has an excellent toxicological profile. It has been used in lipogaine and is used in minoxidilmax products. In my opinion, this should be the starting point. Even if Joe’s highly suspect bro science conclusion of the mixes negating each other after some time is true, just create the mixtures separately and apply at the same time.
Where can i buy azelaid acid? And should i mix it with the other ingredients like b6, zinc sulphate and alcohol?