My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny - it doesnt seem like long ago, but probably more like 17 years, I was in my mid twenties and I guess you a little older. Here we are still battling it out.

Seems like such a hassle to start minoxidil, but I am thinking i should give it another shot. It did help when i did use it, i could just never keep it up.

What's the link to the page in this thread to get the latest recipe for making zix?.. in Canada hopefully can source everything thanks

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Worn so if I understand very well, zix should be able to maintain, and it would be possible to apply it in the morning and apply minoxidil on the evening for possible regrowth?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worn so if I understand very well, zix should be able to maintain, and it would be possible to apply it in the morning and apply minoxidil on the evening for possible regrowth?

Yes! I strongly believe this. @JWM2 has a friend that did this and some guy, cant remember his name post some 10-15 pages ago with insane regrowth. Using both if I remember correctly.

I'm very tempted to try minoxidil myself, the commitment has be reluctant. Thay said over 15 years my hairline has pulled back a couple cms, which is nothing over 15 year. It's only at this stage that I'm thinking I may want some regrowth.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you source the ethyl alcohol from ? I'm in Toronto and did a quick google search and couldn't find anything in Canada

Try shoppers drug mart or go to dollarama. I bought a little spray bottle at dollarama which has ethyl alcohol to clean my computer and glasses. That said I only have used shopper's ethyl alcohol for my zix

GROWTH

My Regimen
Reaction score
No to dermastamp - others that have tried it dont seem to have good results combining the two.

Ive thought about pg, sandalore, and cetirizine, but I would try the orginal formula first. see if that works for you. If after several months you are maintaining, then try adding PG or whatever and take your time to evaluate. If you start shedding, I would say that it's not a good ingredient.
They didnt have good results with zix ? I read a lot about microneedling has good improvement for hair regrowth almost near for minoxidill without side effects ? , I was going to buy dermapen for that also I am using dermastamp with that zix solution , I am not uısing lotion after 12 hours when I done dermastamp

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
They didnt have good results with zix ? I read a lot about microneedling has good improvement for hair regrowth almost near for minoxidill without side effects ? , I was going to buy dermapen for that also I am using dermastamp with that zix solution , I am not uısing lotion after 12 hours when I done dermastamp

Well I think they were doing the kitchen sink approach so it was not complimentary. 12hr break is a minimum I would think. Are u using minoxidil?

That said, I like to try one thing at a time before adding anything additional because it's hard otherwise to evaluate what's working and not working.

How are your results ?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

INT

Reaction score
One month ago I ran out of B5 so for the last 4 weeks I have only been using zinc sulf in my topical. Shedding started increasing big time since 2 weeks ago so I decided to repurchase my B5. Also thinking of adding sandalore back into my routine, maybe using stemox as a vehicle

Smizzy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How's zix working for you?

I just started back up yesterday hence why I came back to the thread. I used it before but only for a few weeks, the first day the ethyl was irritating my scalp. So I had to use the simple zix formula but now I’m back to adding ethyl with addition of making small one week patches at a time. I notice my zix would change colour after about 10 days too. Currently doing 1 zinc pill, 3 b6, 11.25 ml of distilled water, 3.75ml ethyl for a total of 15ml for the week. Applying 2ml before bed. Imma see how that goes.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I think most here do not experience sides. Although I've seen two people here in this thread who said they had side effects although 10x less than when they were on fina if I recall correctly.

But of course, I don't doubt that some people who are very sensitive could experience sides effects since Zinc and B6 working in a symbiotic way cause AA effects, hence zix being effective against hairloss.

Imo, zix should be one of the first lines of defence against hairloss. Cheap, relatively safe and seems to work. Especially for young guys and people who's hairloss is not aggressive.

I think that your highly overestimating the efficacy of zix. I have been using it daily for 2 months and on and off for 4, and it didn't do sh*t. Like it does for most people.