My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all thanks for you effort, answering my questions a few pages back.
I used zix, exactly how worm uses it, 6 month now.
Hairline stayed the same, but lots of thinning at the temples and some diffuse loss.
I think, I would be considered full head by most, if I wouldn't show my thinning.
But nevertheless shedding was always there, despite using zix.
I will stop now and see how it goes.
Stil don't know what to do now, because of the fact, I don't want to take finasterid...

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
What Norwood are you? And no reduction in shedding at all?
For me unfortunately, I couldnt notice decrease in shedding at all.
I would say I'm Norwood 1, maybe 1.5 at the right temple, but as I said, lots of loss in density all over and diffuse thinning at the front and the right temple.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where can i buy azelaid acid? And should i mix it with the other ingredients like b6, zinc sulphate and alcohol?

I dont recommend azelaic acid, it resulted in shedding for me.

I would check in with Joe on his site and get his feedback.

Zosocharlie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, I'd like to introduce myself to this thread, as this recovered my interest into some kind of natural treatment (I accepted my balding and shaved off).

I got two questions basically.

1. I got my scalp really inflamed. Will this help with the red skin issue?
2. Also, my scalp shines a lot maybe for collagen excess or for scalp tension,or both. Did you guys see a lowering of the shine in your scalps?

Thank you and regards.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, I'd like to introduce myself to this thread, as this recovered my interest into some kind of natural treatment (I accepted my balding and shaved off).

I got two questions basically.

1. I got my scalp really inflamed. Will this help with the red skin issue?
2. Also, my scalp shines a lot maybe for collagen excess or for scalp tension,or both. Did you guys see a lowering of the shine in your scalps?

Thank you and regards.

Yes to both. Had the same issue red inflamed shiny head. Both got better within a few days. Shedding decreased about a week after that.

Undertone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok hi guys I'm about to start zix !
I just got one concern, I ordered zinc sulfate and B6 P5P from newyork to get shipped to europe couple weeks ago and it was quite hot, do you think it could've messed with the quality of the supplements ?
Thanks a lot for a great topic !

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok hi guys I'm about to start zix !
I just got one concern, I ordered zinc sulfate and B6 P5P from newyork to get shipped to europe couple weeks ago and it was quite hot, do you think it could've messed with the quality of the supplements ?
Thanks a lot for a great topic !

nah - you can source the products in europe for ebay.co.uk

Steven young

My Regimen
Reaction score
HI,It's my first time here.I have follow this line for months ,and I started using ZIX 3 weeks ago. In China it's hard to buy zinc sulfate and B6 P5P in the form of medicament.So I use zinc gluconate and B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride) as a substitute(the same quantity as much zinc as your formula). And I find it works well .I notice that as I apply it on my scalp, aobout 1hr later, the inflammation will gone , and the scalp is comfortable and not greasy ,where the corlor used to be a little red turns white. BUT it has sides too, in the first couple of days ,my eyes was uncomfortable and always had tears , and I was a little sleepy. NOW my eyes is good ,but I'm still a little sleepy.However it much better than the first few days.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
HI,It's my first time here.I have follow this line for months ,and I started using ZIX 3 weeks ago. In China it's hard to buy zinc sulfate and B6 P5P in the form of medicament.So I use zinc gluconate and B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride) as a substitute(the same quantity as much zinc as your formula). And I find it works well .I notice that as I apply it on my scalp, aobout 1hr later, the inflammation will gone , and the scalp is comfortable and not greasy ,where the corlor used to be a little red turns white. BUT it has sides too, in the first couple of days ,my eyes was uncomfortable and always had tears , and I was a little sleepy. NOW my eyes is good ,but I'm still a little sleepy.However it much better than the first few days.

Thanks for the feedback. I cant speak to the effectiveness when using gluconate. Everyone is welcome to try, however it is highly recommended that sulphate is used.

Did you shedding decrease?

GROWTH

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we should fillter the particles theese left after mixing ? What do you think worm , my phramcist said theese are adjuvants , zinc solving in ethanol easily , whats your opinion about filtering particles ?

Bee-eazy13

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

New to those forums and I’d like to share my short experience with zix thus far...

Actually I haven’t been using b6 yet...just zinc, ethyl alcohol, and distilled water.

I’m 32 years old and Over the past year I’ve noticed some shedding: I’ve lost maybe 1/4-1/3 inch on my temples and 1/8 of my hairline...it’s not noticeable to anyone besides me so far...but one thing I notice is my hair is definitely thinning. I used to have nice thick hair and it was able to grow it 4 inches on top and it would still stand up naturally without gel...but now when it gets to around 2.5 inches long it falls down to the sides. 16 months ago I had amazing hair...now not so much.

I’ve been on zinc for about 10 days or so. I apply 1.5 mL 2x a day. And so far here are my results:
My shedding the past year was around 3-5 hairs in the shower and maybe notice 2-3 hairs throughout the day on my shirt. The last 3 days after getting out of the shower, I’ve only shed 1 hair!!! My shedding throughout the day has gone down to about 1-2...where I may notice on my shirt.

I plan to add b6 to the next bottle I make and see if I can get the shedding down to a 0. I’m fortunate to have found this page early into my hair loss and thanks to Worm for the info you’ve provided all of us!

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question:

I had a very bad case of psoriasis and seb derm that made me lose a lot of hair (including hairline thinning)...I treated these conditions with Nizoral, selsun & corticoids and my hair grew back on its own a year later...but I have to keep using these shampoos and I feel like my scalp is starting to get sensitive to them

I've read online that some people are using this zix as an anti fungal...would this Zix have any effect on seb derm and psoriasis?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we should fillter the particles theese left after mixing ? What do you think worm , my phramcist said theese are adjuvants , zinc solving in ethanol easily , whats your opinion about filtering particles ?
I leave them as I find they act a nice cosmetic thickener.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

New to those forums and I’d like to share my short experience with zix thus far...

Actually I haven’t been using b6 yet...just zinc, ethyl alcohol, and distilled water.

I’m 32 years old and Over the past year I’ve noticed some shedding: I’ve lost maybe 1/4-1/3 inch on my temples and 1/8 of my hairline...it’s not noticeable to anyone besides me so far...but one thing I notice is my hair is definitely thinning. I used to have nice thick hair and it was able to grow it 4 inches on top and it would still stand up naturally without gel...but now when it gets to around 2.5 inches long it falls down to the sides. 16 months ago I had amazing hair...now not so much.

I’ve been on zinc for about 10 days or so. I apply 1.5 mL 2x a day. And so far here are my results:
My shedding the past year was around 3-5 hairs in the shower and maybe notice 2-3 hairs throughout the day on my shirt. The last 3 days after getting out of the shower, I’ve only shed 1 hair!!! My shedding throughout the day has gone down to about 1-2...where I may notice on my shirt.

I plan to add b6 to the next bottle I make and see if I can get the shedding down to a 0. I’m fortunate to have found this page early into my hair loss and thanks to Worm for the info you’ve provided all of us!

Credit goes to Joe - the zix creator - just google search zix hair loss and you'll find it. I am just spreading the love, with my own take on it.

I would add b6 though... I tried zinc alone and found while i shed less, I still lost some ground. That said 1 she hair in the shower doesnt get much better. And I think zero is basically unheard of :)

See what works for you. maybe zinc alone is enough, but I would still try b6.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question:

I had a very bad case of psoriasis and seb derm that made me lose a lot of hair (including hairline thinning)...I treated these conditions with Nizoral, selsun & corticoids and my hair grew back on its own a year later...but I have to keep using these shampoos and I feel like my scalp is starting to get sensitive to them

I've read online that some people are using this zix as an anti fungal...would this Zix have any effect on seb derm and psoriasis?

Yes, I had seb derm or psoriasis, and wanted to scrape my scalp off my head it was so itchy. nizoral and selsum blue did very little. I suggest trying zix, it worked wonders for me. It took the itch away in the first few days, the shedding followed a few days later. Give it two weeks I would say.

Definitely give it a shot though, I think a big part of my hairloss was induced by my scalp condition along with male pattern baldness.