My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

1 year and 7 months update

Hair loss is stable, confirmed by derm

Added low level lazer therapy and have slight regrowth on temple points

Also working out for the past 8 weeks, hair still holding up strong.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

1 year and 7 months update

Hair loss is stable, confirmed by derm

Added low level lazer therapy and have slight regrowth on temple points

Also working out for the past week, hair still holding up strong.

Awesome, thanks for the update. How long have you been using the lazer therapy? what brand do you use?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi dude , I was going to start daily 0.1 mg finasteride topical lotion but I decide to try zix first , I hope It would work for me ,Im nw2a , Can you inform me little bit about it , I have 50 ml bottle I will done

15 ml etil
220x3 zinc total = 660 mg ?

B6 = 150 mg
45ml = distile water

My question is this , also should I add pg for better skin absorvation ? like 10 ml pg ? pg is known as make these products easy to absorve by skin .

Also do you suggest dermatsamp once a week with this treatment

No to dermastamp - others that have tried it dont seem to have good results combining the two.

Ive thought about pg, sandalore, and cetirizine, but I would try the orginal formula first. see if that works for you. If after several months you are maintaining, then try adding PG or whatever and take your time to evaluate. If you start shedding, I would say that it's not a good ingredient.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No to dermastamp - others that have tried it dont seem to have good results combining the two.

Ive thought about pg, sandalore, and cetirizine, but I would try the orginal formula first. see if that works for you. If after several months you are maintaining, then try adding PG or whatever and take your time to evaluate. If you start shedding, I would say that it's not a good ingredient.

Sandalore was such a LET DOWN. that was actually regrowing my hair!!! I saw a difference on Day 1. and then all those wonderful new hairs that regrew, all fell out after 1-1/2 months. it all fell out. I couldn't believe it. i kept trying with sandalore... i even switched the brands... but nothing was working like it did at first. I still can't make any sense out of it. maybe in another couple of months i'll add a few drops of it into Zix. I'll see.

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I need help. Do you guys first mix zinc and b6 in ethanol and later add water? Or mix it in water first and later add ethanol? How long do you guys let it set before using the topical?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the update. How long have you been using the lazer therapy? what brand do you use?

Since May this year.

Treatment is at the clinic, using the high powered lazer machines once a week.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sandalore was such a LET DOWN. that was actually regrowing my hair!!! I saw a difference on Day 1. and then all those wonderful new hairs that regrew, all fell out after 1-1/2 months. it all fell out. I couldn't believe it. i kept trying with sandalore... i even switched the brands... but nothing was working like it did at first. I still can't make any sense out of it. maybe in another couple of months i'll add a few drops of it into Zix. I'll see.

Interesting. I think the same happened with cetirizine and it lost its effect over time.

I really suggest you see how zix works for you, then you have a baseline that you can compare your results to.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I need help. Do you guys first mix zinc and b6 in ethanol and later add water? Or mix it in water first and later add ethanol? How long do you guys let it set before using the topical?

Yea alcohol first. Ideally a few hours, but I've been in a rush and mixed it quickly also. I'd give it at least an hour though.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi, what is the difference between zinc sulphate and zinc chelate and which one do I need?

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
In case someone is interested, I have found an alternative product to the Vitamin B6 tablets from Ecological Formulas. Like the product from Ecological Formulas, this product comes in tablets, and in the same form (Pyridoxal 5' Phosphate), but in fifty milligrams, making it more practical. It is easy to find and order from many countries:

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Country-Life-P-5-P-Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate-50-mg-100-Tablets/15242

There is no guarantee that this product will work exactly the same, but I will consider trying it for the scalp-concealing effect.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
In case someone is interested, I have found an alternative product to the Vitamin B6 tablets from Ecological Formulas. Like the product from Ecological Formulas, this product comes in tablets, and in the same form (Pyridoxal 5' Phosphate), but in fifty milligrams, making it more practical. It is easy to find and order from many countries:

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Country-Life-P-5-P-Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate-50-mg-100-Tablets/15242

There is no guarantee that this product will work exactly the same, but I will consider trying it for the scalp-concealing effect.

Seen it in the past but never tried it. Could work. I dont know.

AleV

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those saying minoxidil forms unpenetrable salts when mixed with zix, i think its true. Try mixing drops of minoxidil and zix and you are gonna see a different colour (redish intead of yellow) that stains your scalp, while zix alone gives the classic yellowish colour and minoxidil alone gives nothing(to me at least).The fact that the scalp is stained in a different colour makes me think minoxidil didnt pass that effectively (or else the colour wouldnt be there next day am i right?). Thought on this are more than welcome.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
For those saying minoxidil forms unpenetrable salts when mixed with zix, i think its true. Try mixing drops of minoxidil and zix and you are gonna see a different colour (redish intead of yellow) that stains your scalp, while zix alone gives the classic yellowish colour and minoxidil alone gives nothing(to me at least).The fact that the scalp is stained in a different colour makes me think minoxidil didnt pass that effectively (or else the colour wouldnt be there next day am i right?). Thought on this are more than welcome.
I would not mix minoxidil and Zix. Apparently the zinc in Zix somewhat breaks down minoxidil. Here is some information from the creator of Zix:

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_19.htm

Some people apply Zix in the morning and minoxidil in the evening. Minomuck is another alternative, by the Zix creator. It combines minoxidil with saw palmetto and some more:

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_8.htm

Last edited:

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh I didn't know.

And my train of thought was that maybe without the ethanol there would be less risks of it going systemic.
I would guess the same. It might be less effective for some people, though.

Without the alcohol there is no preservative. I would store it in the refrigerator. Joe's words from his page:

Since the formula has no preservative, I recommend you store it in the refrigerator if you are making more than a 2 week supply. Also don't mix up more than a 2 month supply even though you will be refrigerating it. Refrigeration, will only keep something fresh for so long. This is the draw back of making a solution that contains no preservatives.

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody have a link for Vitmain B6 with P5P for European? (france/belgium would be great)

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so have anyone here gotten results with this? Trying to test everything to avoid finas so if anyone can link me or post pics of success that would be great! Thanks in advance

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody have a link for Vitmain B6 with P5P for European? (france/belgium would be great)

Use ebay and amazon uk.

You'll have trouble with b6 - use pure encapsulations instead.

Zinc - plus pharma I think u can find it on ebay.

Bonne chance!

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score