My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quote from another user in this thread:

"I have recently noticed, that when I left zinc and AA to dissolve in just ethanol for a few minutes, the solid ingredients dissolve rather very good. However when I mix all the ingredience alltogether with water, it largely remains undissolved for a couple of weeks."

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ve-saved-my-hair.101629/page-117#post-1810124

Found it by searching for "powder" in thread search for this thread.

Thanks Link, i appreciate your help... so i guess this is saying i should leave out the distilled water? if i leave it out though, i'm only going to be left with 15ml of the ethyl alcohol plus the zinc and b6 capsules. what can i use instead of the distilled water?

Last edited:

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Link, i appreciate your help... so i guess this is saying i should leave out the distilled water? if i leave it out though, i'm only going to be left with 15ml of the ethyl alcohol plus the zinc and b6 capsules. what can i use instead of the distilled water?
No, it means that the zinc and B6 will dissolve better if you put them into the alcohol and leave it for at least some minutes before adding the water.

You are welcome.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it means that the zinc and B6 will dissolve better if you put them into the alcohol and leave it for at least some minutes before adding the water.

You are welcome.

aah. ok, i'll give that a shot!! appreciate it. hopefully now i won't have to spend 20 minutes shampooing :)

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes - still the same - that's about right - maybe 10mls of ethyl alcohol now that I think of it.
Hey worm I know you’ve gone over this a bunch of times but can you post your current zix formula including brands you use? I want to give zix a try. Also have a few questions. what do you think about buying zinc and b6 in powder forms instead of pills? How would I measure it in powder form? And Is zinc sulfate mono hydrate the same thing? I know it’s a lot of questions but please let me know.

Rock12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bruh so have we determined that it was the lingering effects of Fina and not ZIX that was causing buddies side effects.... AGAIN have any of you ever thought of putting this in a LIPOSOMAL SOLUTION.... You know,,,, that sutff that keeps the solution in your SCALP!

https://www.bulkactives.com/product...posome-microemulsion-base.html?keyword=liposo
It def give sides but I am not understanding how this liposomal solution would keep it in the scalp. what I have read from that link is that it is a penetration enhancer. I am not seeing anything that shows how this would keep the solution in the scalp. How would this work and how would we get Zix into the Liposomal solution ?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK, ive decided to go with this formula after doing a decent amount of reserach.

- B6 P-5-P (pyridoxal-5-phosphate)
- ZINC Sulfate
- Still deciding between - linolenic acid and oleic acid vs Azelaic acid
- Emulsifier Sunflower Letichin naturally high in choline and inositol both benefical for hair loss.
- Ethyl Alcohol
- Distilled Water

@worm what you think? Defo not touch Saw Palmetto as I got sides from that ish (Orally) and No Soy Letichin for me!!

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It def give sides but I am not understanding how this liposomal solution would keep it in the scalp. what I have read from that link is that it is a penetration enhancer. I am not seeing anything that shows how this would keep the solution in the scalp. How would this work and how would we get Zix into the Liposomal solution ?

Lipsomes have hydrophobic cavities that enhance skin penetration but prevent systemic absorbtion, if you do some simple googling you will find that Hasson and Wong made a Liposomal Topical Fina to stop systemic absorbtion which worked to a large degree; but still gives too many of us sides. Even the Brotzu lotion used Liposomes for this reason.

EDIT PS: Also Im going to just try this formula I listed above without the Liposomes; because even though its from Japan (good quality) its still made from Soy and Olive Oil... I might still use that but Im going to email them with a list of ingreidents to make sure everything will mix

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
2 weeks of zix + deep scalp massage from that other thread.No change in hair, but itch and inflammation down. No idea if this will help hair, but will continue for now as scalp feels better.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You are welcome.

Thank you Link sir!! and THAT was the solution to getting rid of the powdery mess in my hair. this morning i had no issues. Cheers!

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you Link sir!! and THAT was the solution to getting rid of the powdery mess in my hair. this morning i had no issues. Cheers!
Glad to hear it. I will try Zix too soon. Another thing I saw mentioned by Worm in this thread is that it can be a good idea to comb or brush residual Zix powder out of the hair after it dries.

A welcome side effect of Zix is that it can apparently work as a mild scalp concealer, and I hear it works for styling the hair too.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you taking this orally or using it in your zinx instead of Zinc Sulfate?

I do both yes. Take zinc picolinate orally and sulphate is used in zix.

ok, i applied Zix for my 3rd night. i woke up, washed my hair 4 times with shampoo... i have a white powdery look to my hair, it looks as if dust fell on it, and i cannot get it off. am i applying to much of it?? Worm, how much do you apply per night?

I use 2-4 mls. Maybe as another poster suggests you're not letting it dissolve in alcohol long enough. That's never happened to me.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK, ive decided to go with this formula after doing a decent amount of reserach.

- B6 P-5-P (pyridoxal-5-phosphate)
- ZINC Sulfate
- Still deciding between - linolenic acid and oleic acid vs Azelaic acid
- Emulsifier Sunflower Letichin naturally high in choline and inositol both benefical for hair loss.
- Ethyl Alcohol
- Distilled Water

@worm what you think? Defo not touch Saw Palmetto as I got sides from that ish (Orally) and No Soy Letichin for me!!

I say it over and over when you dont go with the original formula you cant call it zix. They specifically say not to mix the AA in the solution. Why dont you see how the original works before adding things that may nullify the formula.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I say it over and over when you dont go with the original formula you cant call it zix. They specifically say not to mix the AA in the solution. Why dont you see how the original works before adding things that may nullify the formula.

For sure I will keep it as simple as possible... here is info for everyone here who doesnt know much about Liposomes. I figured everyone was following the Brotzu Lotion thread therefore by default you'd know about them, but I guess not... all good, here you:

This explains how Lipsome Solutions prevent systemic absorbtion and essentially keep all the active ingredients in the scalp. Hence creating ZIX or a ZIX like formula with Liposomes would be virtually guaranteed to be side free... if it can almost stop the finasteride from going systemic massively limitng sides it would make a natural compund like ZIX virtually perfect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/4jrnpf/has_anyone_used_the_new_liposomal_topical_fin/

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so... the powdery mess has been slowly building up in my hair once again. it's either the zinc powder, or the B6 powder, that gets STUCK to my hair and it is unwashable... i let the zinc and B6 dissolve with the alcohol for half an hour before applying the distilled water to the mix, but it looks like that is not helping. Am I really the only one experiencing this? For starters, I don't have the time in the mornings to shampoo my hair 10 times since i do have to run to work... secondly, washing and rewashing the hair, and trying to comb out the mess, only ends up with more hairs yanked out of my scalp.... further contributing to hair loss. Unless there is a solution to this, unfortuntaley i have to discontinue using Zix... it is more aggravation just added on.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
so... the powdery mess has been slowly building up in my hair once again. it's either the zinc powder, or the B6 powder, that gets STUCK to my hair and it is unwashable... i let the zinc and B6 dissolve with the alcohol for half an hour before applying the distilled water to the mix, but it looks like that is not helping. Am I really the only one experiencing this? For starters, I don't have the time in the mornings to shampoo my hair 10 times since i do have to run to work... secondly, washing and rewashing the hair, and trying to comb out the mess, only ends up with more hairs yanked out of my scalp.... further contributing to hair loss. Unless there is a solution to this, unfortuntaley i have to discontinue using Zix... it is more aggravation just added on.
I think some have reported success without vitamin B6, but I would try first another solution. It makes me curious why you have this problem. Could it be that you use another hair product such as wax that mixes with Zix and creates a sticky mess?

Could it be that you need a stronger shampoo? I sometimes get a buildup of grease in my hair, unless I use a liberal amount of a strong shampoo. It makes sense to me that a product like Zix requires some extra cleaning power for some people. You could try a shampoo for oily (greasy) hair. So-called clarifying shampoos are probably even stronger, considering they are used for the specific purpose of removing buildup.

I currently use Castile soap to wash my hair. It is natural and powerful and even makes my hair look thicker. I assume it happens because it makes my hair extra clean. I have noticed that my hair looks thinner even with the slightest amount of grease, as when wet. If you try Castile soap, just make certain to use a proper conditioner afterward, or your hair and scalp could end up dry and itchy. It happens because the soap is alkaline whereas skin and scalp are acidic like regular shampoos and conditioners. I use this product. It lasts long and works on the body too:

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Bronners-Pure-Castile-Liquid-Soap/dp/B00120VWJ0?th=1

Last edited:

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
How's the smell of zix guys? Is there some natural way of improving it?
It seems from other comments that the smell vanishes and is not much of a problem. I think we should try the product before thinking too much about it.

As Worm says, we should first try Zix without adding anything else. If it works for us and we still want to try altering the smell, we could try something like a few drops of Sandalore or peppermint oil or even perfume. That way, we will see whether the added ingredient reduces the effect of Zix, unless Sandalore by itself has an effect on the hair.

Last edited:

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think some have reported success without vitamin B6, but I would try first another solution. It makes me curious why you have this problem. Could it be that you use another hair product such as wax that mixes with Zix and creates a sticky mess?

Could it be that you need a stronger shampoo? I sometimes get a buildup of grease in my hair, unless I use a liberal amount of a strong shampoo. It makes sense to me that a product like Zix requires some extra cleaning power for some people. You could try a shampoo for oily (greasy) hair. So-called clarifying shampoos are probably even stronger, considering they are used for the specific purpose of removing buildup.

I currently use Castile soap to wash my hair. It is natural and powerful and even makes my hair look thicker. I assume it happens because it makes my hair extra clean. I have noticed that my hair looks thinner even with the slightest amount of grease, as when wet. If you try Castile soap, just make certain to use a proper conditioner afterward, or your hair and scalp could end up dry and itchy. It happens because the soap is alkaline whereas skin and scalp are acidic like regular shampoos and conditioners. I use this product. It lasts long and works on the body too:

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Bronners-Pure-Castile-Liquid-Soap/dp/B00120VWJ0?th=1

Thank you Link. I do use Rogaine about one hour after I apply Zix. maybe it's the combination of both that's creating the mess? should i only use Zix and see what happens i guess? THe shampoo I am using is Selson Blue, it contains 3% Salycilic Acid.