My theory for Male Pattern Baldness, care to poke some holes | Page 4 | HairLossTalk Forums

My theory for Male Pattern Baldness, care to poke some holes

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by frailstar, Aug 27, 2007.

1. powersam

powersam Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Re: My theory for Male Pattern Baldness, care to poke some h

that ignores the fact that high and low insulin levels cause the same thing, high glucose levels.

2. tomas99

tomas99 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Re: My theory for Male Pattern Baldness, care to poke some h

No studies showing high glucose levels are causing/accelerating alopecia. Just high insulin levels. Glucose levels will get stable after some time someone reduces sugars and starches.

3. powersam

powersam Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    dude if your insulin levels are high, your glucose levels are high. insulin is only indirectly associated with male pattern baldness.

show me some studies. actually no, go read more.

4. tomas99

Dislikes Received:
    Well, logically it is impossible to have high glucose levels if you do not eat sugar. Log glucose levels means low insulin levels.

Insulin resistance is heavily linked with male pattern baldness. Some studies here:

http://www.google.com/search?hair loss=en&sa=X ... ss&spell=1

I think it is waste of our time to post one study after another. Much better is to move from theory to practise. I will post pictures as soon as regrowth is more visible and undeniable. NO BIG THREE. By regrowth I always mean regrowth at temples, which is the hardest place to regrowth + easiest place to notice regrowth.

5. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    Me too! I'm not sure how it sounds to British ears, but to American ears it sounds stupid and uneducated, something you'd expect hillbillies to say! :D

6. michael barry

michael barry Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Its so sad to see these men beating themselves up over diet and baldness.

Gentlemen, two things bind testostererone in your blood and make it "unavailable" for conversion to DHT, one is globulin and one is albium. To up globulin, eat a diet that does not induce insulin resistance (i.e. less starch, less sugars), to up albium, eat more fish and chicken.................................thats about it.

However, if you dont have male pattern baldness genes....................you dont have them, and can eat anything you want and you still wont lose hair. My two uncles attest to this. Both are heavy men, and both have all their teenage hair in their mid-fifties. That is that.

7. docj077

docj077 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Actually, this statement is untrue. Loss of gluconeogenic control in the liver is a hallmark of insulin-independent or Type 2 diabetes mellitus.

8. flimflam

flimflam Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    hehe. Not being insulting when I say this (well, actually I am) but to my ears, er eyes, it sounds like English isn't his first language when used like that.

9. Armando Jose

Armando Jose Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi guys;

If diet are so important in common baldness, how it explain the different incidence between sexes? Is it a valueble differentiation? Women and men eats so differently.

Armando

10. tomas99

Dislikes Received:
    No, diet influence your hormones in negative way. Since you have much T and thus much DHT, guys are facing worse type of hair loss than girls.

With perfect diet (we can argue what is perfect diet - I could say everything that is natural and raw, except meat which should be grass-fed) and perfect health, fluctulation of your hormones would be different.

Girls are facing the same but have less androgens to work with which means less hair loss.

11. retropunk

retropunk Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Bullshit. Bald men are much more accepted than women with with visible hair loss.

You're trying to simplify female hair loss by saying it's the same reason men loss hair, but since they have less testosterone, they haveless worries. However, unlike men, women have other worries - there's also PCOS (which has an androgenic alopecia effect), and estrogen deficiency alopecia.

12. frailstar

frailstar Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Preach it!

13. frailstar

Dislikes Received:
    First of all I'm no denying genetics, if that's what you are reading into my theory you are misunderstanding. Seems to me you would rather talk about my use of the word dairy instead of discussing what's being discussed. Because if you thought for a moment, something I doubt you've done very often, you might change your mind about diet and male pattern baldness.

14. frailstar

Dislikes Received:
    How am I using the word dairy improperly? In the dictionary it says, "of, for, or pertaining to milk, cream, butter, cheese, etc.: dairy products; the dairy case at a supermarket." So when I say... the consumption of dairy products. How is this wrong? How is this hillybilly sounding? Explain this to me please.

15. docj077

docj077 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Insulting others, because you have grandiose ideals just makes you look foolish. Try a different approach. You might end up making yourself look like less of a jackass.

16. frailstar

Dislikes Received:
    I only insult those that insult me first. Don't insult me and I won't insult you. See how that works?

17. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    That specific definition and those specific examples AREN'T wrong. They're perfectly correct. But that's not what we're laughing at! What we're laughing at is what flimflam clearly described in plain English, which is your use of the word "dairy" as a NOUN. Think how cornball and hillbilly it would sound if someone said, "I need to go pick up a quart of dairy at the supermarket"! :wink:

18. frailstar

Dislikes Received:
    Mmm, ok, but I didn't use it in that context. If I did I can't find it. Show me where I used it in that context.

19. frailstar

Dislikes Received:
    "And also explains why the Chinese who don't eat a lot of dairy have hair."

Above is the quote you used in example. I'm not seeing where this is incorrect. CORNBALL -- is still believing that there is no direct link between diet and health.

20. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well, here is your statement to which I referred very early in this thread:

"And also explains why the Chinese who don't eat a lot of dairy have hair."