My theory for Male Pattern Baldness, care to poke some holes

frailstar

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
frailstar said:
Shockingly, some people are still debating if a whole foods, dairy & meat free diet can prevent cancer and heart disease.

BTW, Dr. Roger Williams (a world-famous scientist and biochemist...he's the one who actually discovered pantothenic acid, gave folic acid its name, and did original work with numerous other vitamins and dietary factors) felt that milk helps protect against heart disease. He recommended that whole milk be consumed, as an excellent part of any diet.

He just "felt" like milk was part of a healthy diet? Feeling something and it being true are 2 completely different things. Do you know his reasoning behind his feelings? Where can we read his findings on milk being healthy? Because T. Colin Campbell spells it all out clearly in The China Study, did the lab work and proves that milk is bad.

frailstar

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
frailstar said:
Shockingly, some people are still debating if a whole foods, dairy & meat free diet can prevent cancer and heart disease.

BTW, Dr. Roger Williams (a world-famous scientist and biochemist...he's the one who actually discovered pantothenic acid, gave folic acid its name, and did original work with numerous other vitamins and dietary factors) felt that milk helps protect against heart disease. He recommended that whole milk be consumed, as an excellent part of any diet.

lol I just found info on Roger Williams that makes me laugh.

In 1972 he served as a member of President Nixon's Advisory Panel on Heart Disease

Let's do more research on this guy and find out if he was in bed with the dairy industry.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
frailstar said:
He just "felt" like milk was part of a healthy diet? Feeling something and it being true are 2 completely different things. Do you know his reasoning behind his feelings? Where can we read his findings on milk being healthy?

Read the chapter on heart disease in his popular book Nutrition Against Disease. It has a lot of material on the effect of milk and butterfat, including the results of scientific studies. Highly recommended reading.

frailstar

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
frailstar said:
He just "felt" like milk was part of a healthy diet? Feeling something and it being true are 2 completely different things. Do you know his reasoning behind his feelings? Where can we read his findings on milk being healthy?

Read the chapter on heart disease in his popular book Nutrition Against Disease. It has a lot of material on the effect of milk and butterfat, including the results of scientific studies. Highly recommended reading.

Ok I'm buying it now at amazon.com. I'm interested to see what he has to say about milk. You should read The China Study as well ,might change your mind too.

frailstar

Established Member
Reaction score
Read this about the North American Indians and their diet.

http://www.westonaprice.org/traditional ... icans.html

Interesting bit about their use of mint or spearmint. I'm drinking spearmint tea as an experiment, started last week. Could the mint be something that helped them keep their hair? All these civilizations with great hair all ate good fats. So good fats seem to be a key component. I'm vegan so I'm going to just up my in take of omegas like flaxseed and stuff.

frailstar

Established Member
Reaction score
frailstar said:
Read this about the North American Indians and their diet.

http://www.westonaprice.org/traditional ... icans.html

Interesting bit about their use of mint or spearmint. I'm drinking spearmint tea as an experiment, started last week. Could the mint be something that helped them keep their hair? All these civilizations with great hair all ate good fats. So good fats seem to be a key component. I'm vegan so I'm going to just up my in take of omegas like flaxseed and stuff.

Also, it says nothing about them drinking milk.

No dairy and fatty acids.

frailstar

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
frailstar said:

I've just started reading this book and one quote about milk sticks out.

Any extreme position with respect to milk -- either that it should be used universally or that its use should be restricted to small children -- is a faddist notion which cannot be defended scientifically.

That may have been true when this book was written in 1971 but we now have scientific evidence to back up why milk is bad for everyone. And T. Colin Campbell spells it all out in The China Study. This book is a blast from the past to say the least. Back to reading...

docj077

Reaction score
frailstar said:
Bryan said:
frailstar said:

I've just started reading this book and one quote about milk sticks out.

Any extreme position with respect to milk -- either that it should be used universally or that its use should be restricted to small children -- is a faddist notion which cannot be defended scientifically.

That may have been true when this book was written in 1971 but we now have scientific evidence to back up why milk is bad for everyone. And T. Colin Campbell spells it all out in The China Study. This book is a blast from the past to say the least. Back to reading...

If children aren't to drink dairy products, then what do you propose? Soy milk is proven to cause growth problems in infants and is no longer recommended for long term use. These problems include thyroid disorders and lack of sexual development.

Actually, the same holds true for all soy products. The eventual recommendation will be that if you or any of your family has a history of thyroid disease or breast/prostate cancer, then you should not take in soy products.

As for thyroid problems, the same also holds true for any teas that contain fluoride (black/Green/other) as it is thyrotoxic, as well.

All foods that human beings ingest are fine in moderation. Hence, the reason why we have such a long digestive tract capable of digesting many different compounds and absorbing them along particular areas. Excessive intake of anything is bad for the human body.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
frailstar said:
Bryan said:

I've just started reading this book...

Be sure and read not just the main text of that chapter, but also the copious notes on the chapter at the back of the book! Lots of good stuff in the notes, including some more material on milk.

antonio666

Reaction score
i think that certain people get male pattern baldness at a young age because GOD hates them and wants us to suffer,nail me to the cross any day rather than this sh*t

barcafan

Reaction score
No different than cutsinger....If milk and meat are bad for you, then why did nature intend for us to consume both? I.E breastfeeding and having canine teeth? Sometimes the most simple explanation is the correct one. Diet matters, Genetics matters more.

Genetics > *

s.a.f

Reaction score
A lot more!

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'm still chuckling at the diet-obsessed-genetics-denying vegan dude continually using the word 'dairy' as a noun.
:lol:

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

what if I say that I am not on finasteride, not on Spectral, using only Neutrogena T-Gel, changed diet, eating lot of supplements and I am growing new hair at temples, at least the same hair as minoxidil does (growing it in weeks), would that be a proof?

Forgot to say that in last weeks itching and burning is almost completely gone, which seems is good sign too.
At the end of the year, I can say more and show pictures.

Dont think that everything in moderation is OK. How it could be? Humans and animals are perfect as they were created and nature is perfect, too. It is really big surprise that in last years, there are tons of studies which shows modern foods causing or accelerating cancer and original nature sources like vegetable are anti-cancer. Animals (including people) are not developed to get cancer, in fact nature and all in it is designed to fight against diseases people suffer.

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
Latin american natives eat a lot of dairy and have nearly perfect hair. Take a stroll through Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica....Tons of men with perfect hair and they consume a lot of dairy and high-meat diets.

Yeah, it depends if milk is from grass-fed animals (which are original animals how nature created) which is loaded in Omega 3 - anti-inflammatory, or if it is from usual grain-fed animals (from breeding) that is loaded in Omega 6 which is pro - inflammatory and in the long term causing cancer.

Those are by far different type of milks.

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
docj077 said:
frailstar said:
Jkkezh said:
frailstar said:
What do I think or what do I know? I know that diet is the most important factor.

How do you know that? There have been a lot of other changes as well.

Decrease in physical activity. More people working inside rather then outdoors. Increase in electromagnetic fields. Increased pollution. Increased use of chemicals. Increased hygiene. Might as well blame baldness on all of that...

How do I know? The China Study, a study conducted in the early 1970s proves it. Read The China Study book, better, go to amazon.com and read about this book. This book is what gave me the idea that male pattern baldness was not genetic at all but diet related. Just like cancer and heart disease. This guy studied different countries within China, those countries in China that consumed the most animal protein had the most heart disease and cancer, those that didn't had the least. So it's a snapshot inside China, studying diet and cancer and the connection. If it were genetics why then were cancer rates so different within China. He discovered a direct correlation between the percentage of animal proteins consumption and higher cancer rates. Proving that it's not genetics but diet. And NO I'm not trying to sell this book, I know I'm talking a lot about it, that's because it's important to my argument. It's hard to get into a debate when so few of you are even familiar with The China Study.

You are aware that both of the authors of the book you're referring to have male pattern baldness, I hope?

In fact, if you look hard enough, pretty much every physician that thinks they have something important to say about the human diet has some form of baldness.

Your genetics determine your body's response to your diet. Genetics are more important.

Yes sure genetics is there. But it is not like you are having blue eyes. It is genetic that says under certain conditions, you will go bald. And food influencing all hormones in your body is playing major part in these conditions.

You can not change genetics and you must play with cards you were give. So only way to avoid unwanted storyline, you must change those conditions to such conditions that are not trigging your genetics. If you remove conditions completely, that could be cure or rather "really working treatment".

Without balding genes you can eat everything you want, you can have as much stress as you can have but never go seriously bald. Get cancer or something, but hair will stay. With genetics, there are many factors that helps and accelerate this process and I think diet is about 90% in these factors.

Thats I am sure it works and it seems it is starting to work for me.