???Mods-Eucapil???

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i bet you guessed that my next point would be if it is possible to get the fluridil directly to the scalp with out touching the hair if this would cause less cosmetic damage to the hair shaft? (sorry for the faulty sentence)... but u know what i mean.

viperfish

Reaction score
Jimmy,
I guess you could get it right down on the scalp without touching the hair, but it would be difficult. It is not that bad though. When I was using 2% spironolactone that stuff really dried out my hair. Eucapil is not really as bad, it may be due to the grape seed oil that helps fight aganist some of the oxidative effects of the alcohol found within eucapil. However, when I used 2% spironolactone the itchy feeling was not as bad. Have you started using eucapil yet??

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't hardly wait for mine to get here (I live in Michigan) and it seems like its taking forever. But I only ordered it 12 days ago. I can't wait to give it a shot and see how well it works. Hopefully it won't dry out my hair 8)

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no viper...haven't received it in the mail yet. i should also say that (sorta funny if u think about it) that i have been testing 70% iso alchohol out on parts of my scalp to see how i wil react....so far, no irratation at all! so this gives me some hope.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
no viper...haven't received it in the mail yet. i should also say that (sorta funny if u think about it) that i have been testing 70% iso alchohol out on parts of my scalp to see how i wil react....so far, no irratation at all! so this gives me some hope.

Heh, no, what would be funny is if rubbing alcohol was the real active ingredient in all these damn topicals.

Jimmy, just use 70% alcohol and give us your results in 6-12 months!

mooman80

Reaction score
Hey guys, i've been on fluridil for 3 weeks. i've been shedding something fierce in the last week, thick healthy looking hairs. anyone else experience a shed from fluridil?

I also started zix at the same time, so maybe its that zinc follicle burnout people are always talking about. maybe i'll stop the zix for a while and see if that fixes the problem.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
mooman80 said:
Hey guys, i've been on fluridil for 3 weeks. i've been shedding something fierce in the last week, thick healthy looking hairs. anyone else experience a shed from fluridil?

I also started zix at the same time, so maybe its that zinc follicle burnout people are always talking about. maybe i'll stop the zix for a while and see if that fixes the problem.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was zix...not necessarily follicle burnout, though.

I used Revivogen for a month (similar ingredients to zix, with some other ingredients thrown in) and had a HELLACIOUS shed. Stick with the Eucapil and the zix for another few weeks and see if the shed goes down. After a month and a half on Revivogen everything returned to normal, so I'm guessing the same would be true with zix. If you keep shedding, drop the zix for a few weeks and see what happens.

viperfish

Reaction score
I have not had a shed from eucapil yet and don't think I will. Typically, anti-androgens do not cause shedding. I have seen a reduction in fallout. My guess would also be the zix for increased shedding.

Anyone have any good methods for getting it directly to the scalp and minimizing the amount that gets in the hair. It is kinda tough! I try to part my hair in different areas and apply it right to the scalp and lightly rub it in. Alot of the eucapil still gets in my hair. :?

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Jimmy,
However, when I used 2% spironolactone the itchy feeling was not as bad. ??

so fluridil is more itchy than spironolactone?? i really need to get this shedding/itchy scalp under controll!!!

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
viperfish said:
Jimmy,
However, when I used 2% spironolactone the itchy feeling was not as bad. ??

so fluridil is more itchy than spironolactone?? i really need to get this shedding/itchy scalp under controll!!!

Jimmy, *try* Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil Special Shampoo. I say that because it contains:

Tea tree oil
awapuchi
chamomile
henna
rosemary
jojoba
aloe vera

These are good ingredients for scalp health, man! I bought a bottle for about $10 and have had it for 4 months or so...

The alternatives are T-gel and the like...haven't used those.

I'm all tea tree and Nizoral..but everyone is different.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ah!! i just missed the postal guy, he left a note at my door and i have to go pick up the fluridil at 5! sweet...that was exactly 2 weeks to the day!

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got my eucapil today. Do you guys (who use eucapil) apply it over your whole top of your head, or just the front of your scalp?

fritz96

Reaction score
Even though I'm receding I've been applying it all over my head just as a preventitive. I make sure there's enough for the front and then whatever's left over I pour on the rest of my head.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
That makes good sense. That is actually what I did for my first application.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
there are a bunch of us jumping on the eucapil band wagon...i'm starting to see it die down already. Do any of you guys apply it with a minoxidil applicator?