???Mods-Eucapil???

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
on the site why do they call it a cosmetic?? i think i asked this before lol but i dont remember where

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Thx Fritz. Fallout Boy, they said it could currently be approved in the US as a cosmetic, but that it is much more than that. It's definantly medical, but basically they said it would take awhile for it to get approved in the same way that propecia and minoxidil are approved, but that it would get approved in the same way eventually.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
fallout boy said:
and in the time that you've been applying Eucap does your hair seem any thinner from the alcohol in it?? i've read that because it has so much alcohol it will make your hair seem a bit thinner?? true or not true?

I keep my hair extremely short, so I can't comment on the cosmetic effect eucapil has on long hair, but my scalp is great, and the hair I do have feels great as well. I'm on a regimen of Eucapil/Folligen/Revivogen, and I alternate tea tree oil shampoo with Nizoral. This is the best my scalp has felt in a looooooooong time, and I'm on my second week with no shedding to speak of whatsoever. I attribute my scalp health to Folligen and the shampoos I use.

I'm quite hopeful, but I'm not saying anything definitive yet. You'll hear a clearer proclamation (one way or the other) about my regimen in several months.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blue s.... if your hair has been shaved it might be difficult to notice any shedding. What was your hair loss like before treatments? (ie, diffuse, norwood, aggressive...??)

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
blue s.... if your hair has been shaved it might be difficult to notice any shedding. What was your hair loss like before treatments? (ie, diffuse, norwood, aggressive...??)

Diffuse...have no idea what the norwood would be...the hairline was still solid, just massively thinning. Yeah, I hear you about the hard to tell, but I've always been able to tell whether I'm shedding when I have 2 or 3 weeks worth of growth or more (which I do). I'm letting it grow for a week more before shaving again. =)

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
would u call it aggressive diffuse or mild? how many hairs (shower/running your hand through your hair/ daily) did you notice before treatment ( i know there's no actual way to estimate daily loss..but most of us get an idea)

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
would u call it aggressive diffuse or mild? how many hairs (shower/running your hand through your hair/ daily) did you notice before treatment ( i know there's no actual way to estimate daily loss..but most of us get an idea)

Very aggressive diffuse thinning...
I first noticed my temples receding when I was 23 years old, but no thinning on top whatsoever.
I got a much shorter haircut and thought all was alright, but by the time I was 25 I noticed my scalp was EASILY visible in the light with longer hair.
I didn't do anything for about 6 months other than research treatments here or there. I eventually hopped on Revivogen about 10 months ago, and I think that helped slow, but didn't stop my thinning.

I'm 26 now, about to turn 27.

Before I started any kind of treatment, I'd notice about 10 hairs on my hands when I washed my hair, and I noticed anywhere from 10-30 hairs a day on my desk...all longer hair from my vertex/crown area.

After being on Revivogen and Nizoral for awhile, I got the shower hairs down to about 3 or 4, and the daily hairfall on my desk to around 10 or so.

Now I'm on a pretty intensive topical regimen (Eucapil/Revivogen/Folligen/Nizoral/Tea Tree Oil).

The difference the past 2 weeks has been staggering, but I'm not jumping to any conclusions yet.

Basically the past 2 weeks, I've noticed no hair on my hands when I apply treatments or shampoo, and I notice about 5 hairs on my desk at work throughout the day.

Again, I've only been applying the really intensive array of topicals for a little over a month, so it's too early to judge whether this is a permanent stop to hair loss, but I do know it's a far, far, far cry from what it was like before I did anything.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that sounds like me...although i think i am loosing way more than you on a daily basis.

i need to work out a good shampoo concoction....where do you get your tea tree oil from ? is it just in oil form or is it a shampoo? i'm thinking of getting a good thickening shampoo and adding some CU peps and either emu oil or tea tree oil to help calm my scalp.

p.s..... VIPER!!! where are you and how is your friggin scalp doing??? how about the shedding???

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
Jimmy,
The Tea Tree is just a basic Paul Mitchell brand...I get it at a local salon, although I'm sure you can find it online easy enough. The stuff is great, though...leaves the scalp fresh and tingly. You can also use it on your face...helps clear up the skin.

Definitely get on CU Peptides if you're using any alcohol based topicals. I'm just using Folligen for scalp health and don't really hold out hopes that it's helping with regrowth. But never underestimate the importance of scalp health for maintenance and regrowth!

Also, Jimmy, what's your regimen?

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well, right now it's not a very good one...

.25mgs of finasteride (sept 2003)
lasercomb twice a week
head and shoulders/revivogen shampoo.

i should point out that i used revivogen for about 4 months...i think i was seeing some results but i hated using the stuff and wasn't too sure about the results.

i'm going to give fluridil a shot but i'm not getting overly excited about how it will perform. the theory sounds good to me...but will it actually help? it's worth a shot though

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
Jimmy, give fluridil a shot indeed. I'm not sure if you're looking to spur regrowth or just reduce hairloss, but I have almost NO doubt whatsoever about its ability to do the latter based on my month experience with it. Simply no fallout to speak of for the past two weeks...and trust me, it's been at least a couple of years since I could say that.

I think Revivogen is a legit, but relatively weak 5-ar inhibitor. It was the foundation of my regimen for 9 or 10 months, and I think it did slow down hair loss, but it hardly stopped it. I think it's a worthy supplement, but not a foundation treatment.

If you start fluridil, don't be surprised if you notice a reduction in hair loss within a week. I once thought that was an absurd expectation to have for any treatment, but I've read so much anecdotal evidence suggesting that it's possible (probable?) with eucapil, that I have few doubts about it. And that seems to be my experience as well.

Now I'm knocking on wood so I can keep having these results beyond the month's time. :wink:

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
well, right now it's not a very good one...

.25mgs of finasteride (sept 2003)
lasercomb twice a week
head and shoulders/revivogen shampoo.

Ok, I'm going to suggest a new regimen for you.

1) Eucapil (Your new foundation...should work GREAT with finasteride, but maybe you can drop the finasteride altogether if you have good luck with it...for now I wouldn't though)
2).25 mgs of finasteride (nice choice on quartering it...80% effective with much smaller chance for sides)
3) lasercomb twice a week (have no idead if it works, but why stop?)
4) Tea Tree Oil Shampoo/Nizoral alternated (dump the Revivogen...it's nothing more than a decent thickening shampoo)
5)Folligen therapy spray (great for scalp health)

The only real expense you're adding is the Eucapil, which runs about $50/month, and you're keeping the most beneficial portion of your current regimen - finasteride. Everything else I've recommended will last you long enough that the cost becomes negligible. For instance, I've used Folligen Spray for over 2 months. It cost $30, and I'm not even HALFWAY done with it.

Try that regimen for a couple of months and PM me if you don't see a staggering reduction in your hairloss. =)

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bs...right now you and i are on opposite sides of the fence. i'm still shedding lots of hair which leads me to a negative point of view about all hair loss treatments and about people who claim to have good results (i basically think they are all working for the product that they promote). You seem to be having very good results and are very positive about hair loss treatments and are passionate about promoting these products (almost to the point where u come off as being a spammer) ....however...i think that if i were to see noticeable results (all i want is maintenance) then i would toally hop over that fence and totally promote all of the products i am using. i am hoping that my new treatments will change my point of view.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jimmy , sounds like hes just trying to help to me but im in the same situation as you man..although i've only tried finasteride. (Propecia) its been 8 months and i've had nothing but bad results and one drastically reduced shedding period.. but maybe that was just seasonal as Gardener has stated.

Im thinking you should just give it a months try and see if your fall out is stopped any more than it is now? im seriously thinking about giving it a shot too after this month if my hair doesnt imporve at all!!

HairLossTalk.com/Admin what are your views on Eucapil?? i dont know if you've posted anything about it but im curious to see what you think about this?

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i know...i wasn't trying to be sarcastic. Blue S sounds like he is having good results which seems to change how you interact on this web site.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
bs...right now you and i are on opposite sides of the fence. i'm still shedding lots of hair which leads me to a negative point of view about all hair loss treatments and about people who claim to have good results (i basically think they are all working for the product that they promote). You seem to be having very good results and are very positive about hair loss treatments and are passionate about promoting these products (almost to the point where u come off as being a spammer) ....however...i think that if i were to see noticeable results (all i want is maintenance) then i would toally hop over that fence and totally promote all of the products i am using. i am hoping that my new treatments will change my point of view.

I know where you're coming from. Sometimes I feel like I SHOULD be working for the Eucapil folks given how hyped I've been about it lately. But my basic feeling is that it MAY be the best topical treatment we have available to us, if not the best treatment overall (when factoring in lack of sides and so forth). Mostly educated speculation though...no way it's close to provable at this point.

And it is a little too early for me to be stupidly excited, so I really need to watch myself. The worst thing I can do is get a bunch of people excited about a treatment that may not work for them.

I'm going to try to post a compilation of the studies and forum threads that got me so interested about eucapil in the first place, though. I don't feel like I need to do that with other treatments in my regimen like Folligen or Nizoral, because I feel like people are a lot more familiar with those products and what to expect from them (good scalp health, no miraculous regrowth).

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm providing the following to show a glimpse of why I really got interested in Eucapil as a topical treatment for male pattern baldness. I have only used it for a month, so I can't truly judge its efficacy at this point. After this post I'm going to try to stop looking like a Eucapil spammer. :wink:

Here's an abstract of the study involving Fluridil -- the active ingredient of Eucapil. Note that this is appearing in a reputable medical journal:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... _110220362

If you're in the mood to get heady and read the entire article, you can find it here:
http://www.menspharma.com/fluridil_adobe.pdf

Above is an old post of mine with a link to a 9 month double-blind study.

Here's a link to the 12 month double-blind study:
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi- ... 6/ABSTRACT

These are studies appearing in reputable medical journals, folks!

Also, a couple of threads I could find right off hand that were of interest:

Good (and long) Eucapil related thread:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... SGDBTABLE=
Pay special attention to 5001Matt's post. Smart and helpful guy:
I recommend doing an author search on 5001Matt in the hairlosshelp forums...loads of interesting knowledge for us experimental users. ;)

Funkster's 1 year update:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... SGDBTABLE=
Note: Funkster is another fun poster I recommend doing an author search for at hairlosshelp.

viperfish

Reaction score
Well, i've been on eucapil for over 3 weeks now and it has really slowed the shedding rate. I have noticed that in the shower I am roughly losing half the amount of hair that I was previous to eucapil. I also notice when I style my hair with gel, etc that I really don't drop any hairs. Before using eucapil, I would drop a good 10+ hairs when styling it. The only complaint I still have is that my scalp is sometimes itchy. No redness, flaking or anything of that sort. Also I would say the cosmetic appearance of my hair has slightly gone down hill. It kinda looks a little more thin and sort of "whispy" or dry looking. Today I will order some cu peptides and start applying them in the morning and eucapil at night. I am going to go with the american crew stuff because it makes my hair look thicker, conditions the hair, and is very easy to apply.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sounds pretty good viper! (except for the itchy scalp and thinner hair) but if you are objectivley noticing less hair fall out then this has to be a good thing. i also ordered some folligen and plan to use it in conjunction with fluridil, although i don't know how much i will apply it directlly to the scalp...i think i will start off just adding some to my shampoo....anyway...way to go with the results!! one question...do you rub it in after you apply it to the scalp or do you just drop it on your scalp with out touching the hair??