???Mods-Eucapil???

viperfish

Reaction score
Hey Mods,
I was wondering why eucapil is not considered a "proven" treatment, but spironolactone and revivogen are. This does not make sense to me as eucapil has been "proven" to work through a double-blind-placebo controlled test. I don't know how much more "proven" then that you can be and this is more then can be said for revivogen (except for the "free" fatty acids). That should be enough for eucapil to be considered "proven". If spironolactone is considered "proven" then surely eucapil should be considered that way too. The testing on fluridil (eucapil) even showed that it is probably more effective than spironolactone and is probably even safer to use (not that spironolactone is not safe to use). Fluridil completely breaks apart if it comes into contact with water (this is used as a safety mechanism). What safety mechanism does spironolactone have if it were to enter the blood stream? Could someone explain to me why you cannot discuss fluridil (eucapil) in the "Men's General Hair Loss Discussions" section ? :? Every time it is posted here it is moved to experimental ????? I really believe this should be changed. :hairy: Thanks!

ViperFish

Petchsky

Reaction score
Maybe you should wait and see if you have success with it first Viper...unless you already are?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I think you make a good point VF. Personally I don't see why spironolactone and Revivogen don't go to the experimental section either. Never really thought much about it. However if someone posts it in the unproven section I don't think it would get moved to MGHLD. Honestly as mods it's something we've never discussed, and probably should.

A

Administrator

I think the real differentiation here should be ... well ... okay this is a difficult one.

Lets start from the premise.

Premise: We dont want people to confuse products that have solid science backing them with those that don't.

Premise 2: We want people to understand the chronological importance of starting with the most proven products and working their way down to the least proven products.

Whether that means 2 years trying out Propecia & Rogaine and Nizoral only .... or making sure they're at least on one of those if they try something else like Eucapil ... the goal is the same: Properly differentiating things.

That said ... You guys discussed putting Revivogen into the experimental area along with Eucapil.

Should we do that? Or should we look at it another way and say ... Include Eucapil into the "Mens Hair Loss Treatments" section instead?

Which is less dangerous to newbies?

HairLossTalk.com Admin

viperfish

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Maybe you should wait and see if you have success with it first Viper...unless you already are?

Yes I am going to start using it, but whether I have success with it or not does not mean much. It is a clinically tested "proven" treatment. I guess that was the point I was trying to make. My only question was why spironolactone and revivogen topics are allowed to be posted here, but then eucapil is removed.

Thanks guys! I understand that you are trying to make this site less confusing for newbies. Also that min and finasteride should be your first choice. However, many people have a problem with using a drug long term like finasteride and should be given other options then just spironolactone and revivogen. I think eucapil should also be included. I guess that is what I was trying to say.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
I, like Viper, think we need to look harder at Eucapil versus Revivogen and spironolactone. From what I've read, if I had to choose ANY topical treatment to live with over the next two years, I'd choose Eucapil over Revivogen, spironolactone, or even minoxidil. That's primarily because of the double blind study that Viper mentions as well as the many laudatory testimonials I've seen on messageboards everywhere.

I realize minoxidil is an entirely different beast from the other topicals I've mentioned, but still, I think Eucapil may very well be the most promising topical we have to fight hair loss. I'll be able to tell you more in about 6 months. =)

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Chicano said:
I personally think Eucapil is a "hype" product. Have you all seen the "official" results: (check it out in page 5)

http://www.menspharma.com/fluridil_adobe.pdf

Not really a big deal...with those results I prefer the "placebo" over Eucapil...

chicano i think people were saying that the placebo results were so good was becaus they switched placebo over to Eucapil after 3 months because the Eucapil results were so good??? i think thats what i heard but correct me if im wrong

viperfish

Reaction score
Chicano said:
I personally think Eucapil is a "hype" product. Have you all seen the "official" results: (check it out in page 5)

http://www.menspharma.com/fluridil_adobe.pdf

Not really a big deal...with those results I prefer the "placebo" over Eucapil...

Yeah, you got it wrong man! Go back and read the study slowly. The placebo saw no results during the initial 3 months. After those 3 months the placebo group was then given fluridil because of the great results that were seen with those using the fluridil, during the initial 3 months. The placebo, once given fluridil, then began to see great results. It is not a "hype" product and has been shown to work through a 12 month double-blind-placebo controlled test. You can't get any better than that! :wink:

Chicano

Reaction score
Maybe Iam kinda messed up with this, but if you give Eucapil to the placebo group...
where is the double-blind-placebo controlled test????

viperfish

Reaction score
I'm sorry the 12 month double-blind-placebo controlled test was from a different study I think. It was from the journal "Drug Development Research" and not "Dermatologic Surgery". I might have them messed up and not really sure. :oops:

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why in that study is only one picture shown of results?? and why is it in black and white?? dont understand

viperfish

Reaction score
They used, most likely, a picture of the guy with the best results. I have seen other pictures though that are just as impressive. Go to http://www.eucapil.com. I believe they show other pictures on there.

viperfish

Reaction score
The picture is in black and white because the study was in a scientific journal. Usually, they don't use colors in these journals.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
They used, most likely, a picture of the guy with the best results. I have seen other pictures though that are just as impressive. Go to http://www.eucapil.com. I believe they show other pictures on there.

that link gave me this German Site or something with paintings and books on it ... wrong link?

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I was interested too, but sorry dude, I can't read german :)