???Mods-Eucapil???

viperfish

Reaction score
I don't know what is happening when you guys click on the link above. When I click it I go to eucapil's homepage. You can select the language at the bottom of the site. When I click on it it shows up in english.

Vampa

Reaction score
Having around a month and a half's supply sitting around (if you use teh entire bottle a day), I really ought to start up again. Actually I will, long story why I stopped my hair loss treatment- let's just say I'm stupid.

But what I'd like to know about fluridil is if it's like minoxidil in the sense that you have to continually use it to maintain the hair you've grown. Or could you grow hair with it, and if you're taking finasteride, would that be able to maintain the hair?

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
Vampa said:
Having around a month and a half's supply sitting around (if you use teh entire bottle a day), I really ought to start up again. Actually I will, long story why I stopped my hair loss treatment- let's just say I'm stupid.

But what I'd like to know about fluridil is if it's like minoxidil in the sense that you have to continually use it to maintain the hair you've grown. Or could you grow hair with it, and if you're taking finasteride, would that be able to maintain the hair?

If you're taking propecia, then that should be considered your foundation, and any benefits you're getting from eucapil may or may not be lost if you quit eucapil.

However, it's nothing like minoxidil in that you will be losing minoxidil dependent hair if you drop the treatment. There isn't such a thing as eucapil dependent hair. The ultimate goal with finasteride and eucapil is to limit the harmful effects of dht on the scalp, which finasteride does by inhibiting the formation of dht, and eucapil does by (i'm simplifying here) protecting the hair follicles from dht. Through both mechanisms you're limiting the amount of dht that has a harmful effect on the hair follicles. There are any number of possible treatments than can be used to do this, so you can have different levels of success depending on what treatments you use.

For instance, you might have great results using propecia alone, or you might have even better results when using propecia + spironolactone + revivogen, or great results using JUST eucapil, and so on.... the combinations of treatments you can use to limit the harmful effects of DHT on the scalp are many, and the levels of success you have are, consequently, probably pretty diverse as well.

In the end, finasteride and eucpail should both protect the scalp from dht in different ways. If you drop Eucapil while using finasteride, you're losing that extra (and different) protection, but that's a whole lot different than dropping, say, minoxidil, because from what I understand, hair regrown on minoxidil is completely dependent on using minoxidil indefinitely.

I almost like to think of it as 1)minoxidil regrowth, and 2) Regrowth from treatments that protect the hair follicle from DHT.

THere are a lot of treatments that are potentially successful to use in category 2, but only minoxidil treatments that can address category 1.

It should also be noted that treatments like Eucapil and propecia are really geared towards protecting existing hair (and making existing hairs thicker), whereas minoxidil is gearted towards growing NEW hair.

Does that make sense?

Vampa

Reaction score
I think I get what you're saying, but I always thought fluridil was for actual regrowth as opposed to just dht blocking. I would have to assume that if it did regrow hair, that the finasteride would protect it just as well as any other hair.

Although, I am disappointed to hear that the only real regrowth product seems to be minoxidil, as I'd like to avoid it.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
Vampa said:
I think I get what you're saying, but I always thought fluridil was for actual regrowth as opposed to just dht blocking. I would have to assume that if it did regrow hair, that the finasteride would protect it just as well as any other hair.

Although, I am disappointed to hear that the only real regrowth product seems to be minoxidil, as I'd like to avoid it.

You have to understand, you will get the "illusion" of regrowth if you protect your existing hairs from the onslaught of DHT...over time they should theoretically grow back healthier and thicker. So you may have tiny, tiny hairs that eventually become thick again, and that can make a WORLD of difference in the appearance of your hair.

minoxidil isn't currently in my regimen because I'm not interested in growing new hairs that are minoxidil dependent...I'm interested in salvaging all of my existing hair and making things a lot healthier.

That said, there's a lot of potential for propecia and other topical treatments to increase the number of growing hairs and decrease the number of "resting" hairs (the ones that aren't in a growth phase), so I wouldn't get too discouraged about the whole regrowth issue. Just get on a solid regimen that protects the scalp from DHT and you should see an improvement in the appearance of your hair over time.

It should also be noted that many people apparently don't see visible improvement until a YEAR or more after starting treatments. This would make sense because of the long duration of the hair rest/growth cycle.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
I should also state that, personally, I doubt that finasteride alone is enough to completely halt hair loss, as it apparently only reduces the amount of dht present in the scalp by around 40% (from what I've read). It obviously has done a lot of people plenty of good, but I would think that a strong topical anti-androgen such as Eucapil would go a long way to completely halting hair loss when used in conjunction with finasteride.

Vampa

Reaction score
So you're saying (and I feel really stupid for asking since I should know) that by protecting my hair from the dht, it would most likely grow back thicker (as in, individual hairs woudl grow thicker)? Because I sort of have a patchy area that would probably be covered relatively well if the hair were growing thicker, even though more hair wouldnt hurt.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
Vampa said:
So you're saying (and I feel really stupid for asking since I should know) that by protecting my hair from the dht, it would most likely grow back thicker (as in, individual hairs woudl grow thicker)? Because I sort of have a patchy area that would probably be covered relatively well if the hair were growing thicker, even though more hair wouldnt hurt.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Even men who look pretty darn bald usually have really, really thin hair that gives the illusion that they're slick bald. Thickening up those hairs can make a big difference. It can be a painfully slow process, though, so it takes patience and long-term commitment. That's what I hear anyway. =)

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
fallout boy said:
i wish there were more studies done on this stuff though!! like more proof i guess

Yeah, anyone does. If you want something that has oodles of studies behind it, get on propecia and minoxidil. It's the only thing we have that has obvious scientific "truth" about it. Eucapil has some fairly impressive clinical research behind it, but it's easy enough to see where it falls short in the clinical research area behind something as well established and heavily funded as propecia.

HOWEVER, I challenge you to research a topical on any hair loss board that gets more praise than Eucapil does. I haven't seen any topical come close, and I've been browsing these boards for close to a year.

I jumped on Eucapil immediately, because I wanted to 6 months ago, but found out it was a PAIN to get. Now it's very easy, and I feel very comfortable giving it a shot for 6 months or so.

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
bluesmiley said:
HOWEVER, I challenge you to research a topical on any hair loss board that gets more praise than Eucapil does. I haven't seen any topical come close, and I've been browsing these boards for close to a year.

I should clarify, I haven't seen any topical besides the minoxidil variants get more praise than Eucapil does. minoxidil serves an entirely different purpose from propecia or eucapil, so I wasn't really considering it in that post.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of Questions for Eucapil users.

Do you guys apply in the morning or at night?

How fast does it dry?? and how long do you have to leave it on before showering / gel your hair.?

popscene

Reaction score
fallout boy said:

How fast does it dry?? and how long do you have to leave it on before showering / gel your hair.?

I apply my Eucapil at night as my last topical of the day. I the morning I apply minox5%. When I come back from work in the afternoon I apply xandrox15, leave it for two hours and then I shower my head.

the producers of Eucapil do not recommend to shower your head too offten but I think that the way I do should be all right??

bluesmiley

Established Member
Reaction score
popscene said:
fallout boy said:

I apply my Eucapil at night as my last topical of the day. I the morning I apply minox5%. When I come back from work in the afternoon I apply xandrox15, leave it for two hours and then I shower my head.

the producers of Eucapil do not recommend to shower your head too offten but I think that the way I do should be all right??

I apply mine in the morning, about 15 minutes after taking a shower, but I may start applying mine at night before I go to bed depending on how I solidify my regimen. With Eucapil you MUST apply it to a dry scalp, and you MUST not get your scalp wet for a few hours at least, because fluridil "de-activates" in water as a safety measure. So far having good results, though, so I will play nice with the Eucapil.

And, please, wash your hair daily no matter what regimen you're on. =) Washing your hair daily while using Eucapil is fine, you just want to make sure you have a dry scalp for a few hours while using it so it has a chance to do its work.

It dries amazingly fast...2 minutes tops.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bluesmiley said:
popscene said:
fallout boy said:

I apply mine in the morning, about 15 minutes after taking a shower, but I may start applying mine at night before I go to bed depending on how I solidify my regimen. With Eucapil you MUST apply it to a dry scalp, and you MUST not get your scalp wet for a few hours at least, because fluridil "de-activates" in water as a safety measure. So far having good results, though, so I will play nice with the Eucapil.

And, please, wash your hair daily no matter what regimen you're on. =) Washing your hair daily while using Eucapil is fine, you just want to make sure you have a dry scalp for a few hours while using it so it has a chance to do its work.

It dries amazingly fast...2 minutes tops.

that makes me feel better...the whole not washing your hair every day thing i dont think i could do... im guessing you wash yours every day even while on Eucapil... has it been any more dry??or any negative change?

and in the time that you've been applying Eucap does your hair seem any thinner from the alcohol in it?? i've read that because it has so much alcohol it will make your hair seem a bit thinner?? true or not true?

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i am wondering if you apply fluridil directly to the scalp with out letting it touch your hair (meaning no rubbing in) if it will still have some cosmetic effect on the thickness of your hair shaft?

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Eucapil about 1 week ago from menspharma. About how long did it take you guys to get your Eucapil?