Koh-ei Toyoshima - A Basic Study To Clinical Phase (riken)

Fuji Maru Kagurazaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Inmortal Waseda.... good posts, i would like see any recent photo of his hair, Maybe a full regrowth with equol?

Hello! I am Fuji Maru Kagurazaka.
I live in Tokyo, Japan. Thank you.

Mr. WASEDA's posting activity on the Internet is the last on January 20, 2002, hairsite.com.
After that, there is no evidence that he appeared.

kagurazakafujimaru.jpg

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
@Omega2327 has the nerve to down vote me when I paid $200, and am calling out byebyeuser for not doing what I paid for? Fck outta here pussy.

Dude is not evening going to post RCH01 data that I paid to send his *** to Japan for.

Seeing none of you pitched money how bout you piss off and get your bigger problems (money) figured out.

Bunch of Anti Andro users around here. Smfh. Can't believe it's taken 3 weeks for someone to call him out

He just... stopped posting. Sure there was general ennui about the conference but vast majority were grateful. He did say it takes a long time to sort then watermark the presentations on top of his work schedule. Unless he didn't catch the Shiseido presentation? Who knows.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Omega2327 has the nerve to down vote me when I paid $200, and am calling out byebyeuser for not doing what I paid for? Fck outta here pussy.

Dude is not evening going to post RCH01 data that I paid to send his *** to Japan for.

Seeing none of you pitched money how bout you piss off and get your bigger problems (money) figured out.

Bunch of Anti Andro users around here. Smfh. Can't believe it's taken 3 weeks for someone to call him out
Just please.. shut the f*** up with your whining. I contributed $100 - similar to you. Hellouser has already posted a ton of sh*t on the conference so don't act like he just went on vacation and spent our money on booze and strippers. You give him no credit whatsoever and I wouldn't want to post information either if pieces of sh*t like you showed absolutely no gratitude. Why not compose your message in a way that will actually be constructive instead of just impulsively posting out of sheer emotion like a godamn 5 year old? And the fact that you are calling me out solely because I disliked your posts makes me think you're an emotionally unstable nutjob.

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Says the bald f*** who disliked my post because he has hellousers dick up his ***. Bunch of bald ball-less cucks. Cut out the anti andros b**ch tits.

Like I'm gunna listen to flamer on the internet telling me what to do lmao. Don't worry, soon you commie cucks will have your censorship but not today pussy.

You and Hellouser are both useless as f***.

Just please.. shut the f*** up with your whining. I contributed a blowjob to Hellouser. Hellouser has already posted a ton of sh*t on the conference so don't act like he just went on vacation and spent our money on booze and strippers. You give him no credit whatsoever and I wouldn't want to post information either if pieces of sh*t like you showed absolutely no gratitude. Why not compose your message in a way that will actually be constructive instead of just impulsively posting out of sheer emotion like a godamn 5 year old? And the fact that you are calling me out solely because I disliked your posts makes me think you're an emotionally unstable nutjob.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to agree that Hellouser has been unprofessional in his reporting on the congress. He was silent during the entire congress, and it took a week after returning to provide any sort of information. An update could have been written out on the train, or on the plane. I have a hard time with the excuse that he did not have time and was too tired. Perhaps he is not well? I do hope that's not the case, but it would explain it. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, as he did a good job the last time around. There is just no denying there is something wrong with his treatment of the community which paid for him to go and report back to us. Since he sat through all of the presentations, I would have appreciated his take on them instead of having to listen to all of them(half of which haven't even been uploaded) to find the new/interesting/useful information.

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finally, someone with his balls still intact lol.

I have to agree that Hellouser has been unprofessional in his reporting on the congress. He was silent during the entire congress, and it took a week after returning to provide any sort of information. An update could have been written out on the train, or on the plane. I have a hard time with the excuse that he did not have time and was too tired. Perhaps he is not well? I do hope that's not the case, but it would explain it. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, as he did a good job the last time around. There is just no denying there is something wrong with his treatment of the community which paid for him to go and report back to us. Since he sat through all of the presentations, I would have appreciated his take on them instead of having to listen to all of them(half of which haven't even been uploaded) to find the new/interesting/useful information.

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when I said that we can only hope for treatment in 2035
Now the biggest hope with what hellhouser has brought back is to get grafted *** hair on the head mouahahaha

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many here have actually read the interview with Kyocera Riken?

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/new-research/hair-primordiums-tsuji-organ-interview-sept2016/

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions here regarding how much hair they can clone and how they're going to transplant it.

The average hair transplant costs 8-12,000 USD. How much is this gonna cost?

"Generally speaking, the price is usually expensive during initial commercial stage, and frankly speaking, we have to admit the same for our case as well. However, after that, as the number of patients increases, we believe that we will be able to better control the price, and we definitely should be able to do so. Therefore, this is our long-term plan, but we plan to eventually lower the price to the level at which anybody can benefit from this therapy."

Do you plan to license this technology to surgeons worldwide, or do you have any plans to create devices which may help automate the grafting process to make results more consistent and uniform?

"So, at the initial phase, we plan to use only the surgeons having the level of skills which meets our criteria in order to enables us to ensure stable effectivity and safety. Eventually, in the future, we plan to transfer our technologies to surgeons at clinics in order to increase the number of certified surgeons certified in order to have our technology widely used. As for the last question of automating the transplanting process, as Toyoshima has touched on this earlier, we think that automating the transplanting process is an effective means to ensure stable effects. Therefore, we would like to consider developing a device to automate follicle transplants in the future."

If this method succeeds, demand will be in the hundreds of millions of people. Can you describe your current thinking on how production could be expanded to meet such a large demand?

"At this point now, we have already started considering about production stability and efficiency. And, as we announced in the recent press release, this led us to reach an agreement with KYOCERA Corporation to jointly develop cell processing devices, etc. to produce follicular primordiums. Eventually, we believe that not only automating the follicular primordium production process, which is only a part of the entire production process, but also automating the entire production process will enable us to further increase the production capacity efficiently. We are also considering to set up treatment locations or cell processing bases in major cities around the world. Therefore, in order to achieve this, we will need to establish a system/structure which allows us to offer our therapy at a broader range of locations including clinics. As a company, by increasing the production capacity, we aim to offer our service to about 10,000 patients a year around the world, therefore we recognize the need for developing a system/structure which enables us to achieve this goal."

-------------------------

Now, here are the more important questions for those of you who are unconcerned with the money or the details:

You have already touched on this, but in terms of offering this therapy to people around the world, will a separate regulatory approval process be required in each country?

"Yes, each country requires its own registration/approval. But, as far as we talk about the Japanese market, we are planning to offer it to the general public as a treatment in 2020."

This means that if there's someone you need to blame, it's the FDA. Unless you can cough up the money for a trip to Japan.

How many hair follicles can you clone?

"[...] Collectively from these researches, we think that we may be [able to] increase follicles at least by about 1,000 times."

This means you can get your hairline back and then some. I would also like to point out that they've figured out how to control the thickness and colour of the hair, meaning that they will be able to give you a completely natural hairline with baby hairs in the front and the whole shebang:

"[...] Our technology enables us to regenerate miniaturized follicles with 1-hair in the front, while regenerating thick follicles with 2- or 3-hair toward the back of the head."

How are you going to transplant/collect the hair follicles?

"Our transplanting technique was developed based on the FUT, Follicular Unit Transplantation, which is the surgical autografting used by hair transplant surgeons for hair loss treatment. [...] It will leave almost no scar… the scar will not visible at all. Yes, so the process requires a skin incision, but please understand that the incision will be about the same size as a needle head."

This means you can forget about them having to cut out a long strip of skin and hair. A needle head, people. That's all they need. Like I said before, they take a tiny amount of hair follicles and increase them by a thousandfold at the very least.

How long do you have to wait before you can see the results?

"3 to 6 months."

--------------------------

You got it straight from the horse's mouth here. Having said all of these things, who can now provide newer information which can refute the answers given in this interview?

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eventually, we believe....
If this method succeeds,....
we think that automating the transplanting pr...
we believe that we will be able to better control ....
they will be able to give...
blablablabla....

ossrey

Reaction score
Should we be concerned by the fact that he mentions they intend to treat 10,000 patients a year (presumably in the first years or so following release)? This is a tiny fraction of the number of people who would be eyeing this treatment!

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should we be concerned by the fact that he mentions they intend to treat 10,000 patients a year (presumably in the first years or so following release)? This is a tiny fraction of the number of people who would be eyeing this treatment!

The reason they brought Kyocera into the mix was in order to automate and scale up the process. I don't think they'd be stupid enough to treat a measly 10,000 patients a year and miss out on making a lot more money. However, about 400,000 people worldwide had some form of hair restoration done in 2014, and considering that the initial price of hair follicle cloning will be higher than that of a regular hair transplant, I think it's reasonable to expect 10,000 patients in the beginning - and it's better to underestimate than to overestimate.

ossrey

Reaction score
Yeah, I hope Kyocera kills it with their scale-up technology. I think one of the pivotal questions here is how quickly the treatment will be scaled. If the rate is 10,000 patients in year 1, and then (totally arbitrarily) say 50,000, in year 2 and 2, 200,000 in year 3, then it could be quite some time before many people can get a slot at the table.

Obviously it doesn't make sense for me to speculate about how quickly the technology will scale; i'm just hoping it's quick

H

Reaction score
I'm more concerned with this whole can be used with FUE business. I thought with at least 100 healthy follicles still on your head this is all you'd need for even the baldest of us and now it seems it's not panning out how they said they thought it would in the interview. The money and available are issues but the biggest one for me is if this is actually the treatment I'm looking for.

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm more concerned with this whole can be used with FUE business. I thought with at least 100 healthy follicles still on your head this is all you'd need for even the baldest of us and now it seems it's not panning out how they said they thought it would in the interview. The money and available are issues but the biggest one for me is if this is actually the treatment I'm looking for.

With 100 healthy follicles on your head, you can get your hair back completely.

Fuji Maru Kagurazaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello! I am Fuji Maru Kagurazaka.
I live in Tokyo, Japan. Thank you.

Mr. forlorn saw that he was quite knowledgeable.

kagurazakafujimaru.jpg

H

Reaction score
With 100 healthy follicles on your head, you can get your hair back completely.
That's the impression I was under but then he said it could be used with hair transplant and I don't know why anyone would clone all their hair up until the last 3000 grafts ya know? Their could be a good reason I'm just not seeing.

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the impression I was under but then he said it could be used with hair transplant and I don't know why anyone would clone all their hair up until the last 3000 grafts ya know? Their could be a good reason I'm just not seeing.

Perhaps you misunderstood; they have to take enough hair follicles that fit the radius of a needle head, which they will then clone. After that, someone will have to transplant those cloned hair follicles back into your head, whether it be a surgeon or an automated device (which they hope to develop somewhere down the line). They also talked about cloning more hair follicles than necessary, so that you could store an excess of hair follicles in a biobank for future use.

Having had one or four hair transplants makes no difference, they could simply take a couple of the transplanted DHT-resistant donor hairs on your scalp instead. Even then, you will certainly have enough donor hairs on the back of your head despite many previous hair transplants. There's not a single hair transplant patient in the world who can't get his hair cloned.

H

Reaction score
Perhaps you misunderstood; they have to take enough hair follicles that fit the radius of a needle head, which they will then clone. After that, someone will have to transplant those cloned hair follicles back into your head, whether it be a surgeon or an automated device (which they hope to develop somewhere down the line). They also talked about cloning more hair follicles than necessary, so that you could store an excess of hair follicles in a biobank for future use.

Having had one or four hair transplants makes no difference, they could simply take a couple of the transplanted DHT-resistant donor hairs on your scalp instead. Even then, you will certainly have enough donor hairs on the back of your head despite many previous hair transplants. There's not a single hair transplant patient in the world who can't get his hair cloned.
Well I guess we'll know for sure hopefully in about a year.

Jim Webb

My Regimen
Reaction score

Since he will not post the RCH01 information that could possibly give you grounds to get a refund of your contribution if you did not get what you paid for.

I contacted gofundme about this same Hair Loss Congress campaign and I told them I did not get what I paid for. I requested a refund from the gofundme staff and they gave me all of my money back plus a little extra money. I got extra money because I paid my donation in US dollars and it was converted to Canadian dollars for this campaign, so when gofundme gave me my money back the US dollar/Canadian dollar fluctuations resulted in me getting back an extra 8 or 9 dollars, which means I made about a 5% profit when I got my money back. You just have to claim that you did not get what you paid for.

I was banned from the Hairlosstalk website. I told the Gofundme staff I was banned from hairlosstalk and that the info from the Hair Loss Congress would ONLY be made public at the hairlosstalk website so since I was banned from this site I would not get access to the information I paid to see, and I would not be able to post/ask questions in regards to the Congress information. I explained to the Gofundme staff that this meant I did not get what I paid for and I should be given my money back.

Gofundme gave me all of my money back plus a small profit. Gofundme may have paid me from Gofundme's own funds rather than getting the money back from the Hair Loss Congress campaign but I dont care if the refund came from Gofundme or from the leaders of the Hair Loss Congress campaign. All that matters to me is that I got my money back (plus a small profit).

These hair websites are a big joke because I get all the information I need about hair loss research just by googling "hair loss news". None of us really need these hair websites. These hair websites are not going to get us our hair back even one day sooner than we would get it back if we didn't visit the hair loss websites. They're a waste of time and we could put that same time to better use by using it to pile up money so when a cure finally arrives we will have the money to pay for that cure. All the hair websites are good for is venting your frustration resulting from hair loss but then you get used to doing that and you miss other opportunities because you're bogged down in venting your hair loss related frustration at these hair loss webites.

Good luck and I hope you get your money back.

Last edited: