Is Looking "badass" The Only Option You Have?

Diogenes

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm glad people brought this up because height is a burgeoning thing here. How many people would be happy being bald if they were tall? Because I already resented my height (I was about six feet tall as a h.s. freshman and 6'3" as an adult) even when I had all my hair. I'm not saying it would be better bald and shorter, but I hate that I am a tall, broad shouldered bald guy and am resistant to dating women who think big bald guys are hot. To me, being a big bald guy means I look trashy and ghetto.

I will glady trade each inch of my height for a full Norwood grade down.

Diogenes

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, just a shitpost. I would trade my 6ft stature to be a fullhead all the way down to 5ft.5in I think being my limit. Being tallish has never giving me any advantages. Having said that I might have been too privileged to notice.

northpole1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes thats true,good height gives you only advantage if you have good amount of hair,but fullhead with ugly face,then are you in bad position again :)

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not that I want to look effeminate, I just think that extreme masculinity is ridiculous today. Guys here may think women swoon over big bald guys because they've seen it happen in the movies, but often women see them as mean-looking.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not that I want to look effeminate, I just think that extreme masculinity is ridiculous today. Guys here may think women swoon over big bald guys because they've seen it happen in the movies, but often women see them as mean-looking.

You don't need to look like a badass, it doesn't have to be one extreme or the other.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like I'm somewhat stuck there. I'm overweight and don't see myself as threatening now. My options seem to be be fat and bald or be ripped and bald and while the latter is better than the former, it sucks to think of putting in all those hours of dieting and training and in the end, I'm not going to be happy because I'll still be seen as some big dumb bald guy.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like I'm somewhat stuck there. I'm overweight and don't see myself as threatening now. My options seem to be be fat and bald or be ripped and bald and while the latter is better than the former, it sucks to think of putting in all those hours of dieting and training and in the end, I'm not going to be happy because I'll still be seen as some big dumb bald guy.

Dude no those are not your only choices. I literally made a post about this on the last page, if it was that easy everyone would be ripped. I WANT that ripped look and I don't have it even though I build muscle very easily because it takes a level of consistent diet and training I've yet to be able to achieve in 6 months, and that's with basically no social life, working from home and focusing intently on it. You won't become The Rock just because you're bald 6'3 and you touch a dumbell, it doesn't work like that. Much more modest increases in health and appearance are possible and in fact probable at your age.

Last edited:

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exercise and not being overweight has a direct effect on your mental state. You might be balding but you definitely can be, will be, happier.

This, even if you do get so into it that you become a beefy monster who cares what people think? I guarantee you'll like yourself more when you look in the mirror and you'll feel better, you probably only expect to be in this world for giver or take 100 years and you're 40, gotta live for yourself at some point.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read your post about everybody being ripped/muscular. I am 6'3" and about 270, so I am pretty overweight. I can lose it and build muscle, and I think that is the answer. I don't expect to blow up, but I resent that my height and build and even weight mean that I will probably stay a big bald guy.

I know that I am never going to be some pretty-boy slender guy with a full head of hair but it takes a while to accept that yes, I am probably always going to be seen as that big bald stereotype I never thought was attractive. What has always tortured me is that I will probably never be attractive to the girls I want to date.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not shunning the advice I have been given. It's just hard to accept I have no alternative but to accept being a big bald guy. It's hard. I hate the notion of being a stereotype, since big bald guys are seen as ridiculous tough guys. I don't want to date a woman who thinks big bald guys are hot. It's trashy. I don't want a girl who wants some big man to protect her.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because most decent women aren't into badasses. I don't want someone who finds professional wrestlers or other tough guys hot. I find women like Natalie Portman and Emma Watson attractive, and they'd be frightened by some big bald guy. In my experience, girls who like big guys are usually big women who want a big man to offset their own size and make them feel small.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because most decent women aren't into badasses. I don't want someone who finds professional wrestlers or other tough guys hot. I find women like Natalie Portman and Emma Watson attractive, and they'd be frightened by some big bald guy. In my experience, girls who like big guys are usually big women who want a big man to offset their own size and make them feel small.
Tell Natalie and Emma I'm their biggest fans. Could you get me some signed memorabilia? Thanks!