Is Looking "badass" The Only Option You Have?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you go towards the idea that a bald head means alpha, dominance or authority, NONE of those are going to fit with a guy who is 5-8 or less. Does a bald 5-3 guy emanate authority to you? Not usually, so we need that height to give us the stature to go with the bald head.

That assumes that every woman wants a dominant man. There is a middle ground between big bald tough guy and wimpy incel (Jesus, did I just use that stupid term?). While I think most women want their boyfriend/husband to have some masculinity, plenty of them prefer the skinny, sensitive type.

I understand what you mean when you say that when you're taller and bigger, you can pull off the most socially acceptable/attractive look for a bald man: the tough guy. The studies they've done on baldness affecting attractiveness say that bald men look more masculine but less attractive. It's interesting that our biggest movie stars now are bald guys: Vin Diesel and The Rock are the most popular box-office draws on the planet. Neither are conventionally attractive. Part of their appeal as action heroes is that their baldness makes them look like they have less to lose. They may not be as attractive as pretty-boy actors, but they can rip the pretty boys' arms off to compensate. And because they come across as so tough, whenever Diesel or (especially) Johnson does anything to show they're really nice guys under all that muscle, the internet creams itself. It's an appealing image: the big bald tough guy who's a big softie around kids or old people and would be more than glad to take a selfie with you, even if you want to do some dumb "let's compare biceps" pose.

shookwun

Reaction score
Depends what you mean by young.

I began to do a lot better with women after turning 28.

I added muscle, developed my style, and was more experienced so knew how to handle social situations.

When I was a teenager I was skinny, acne ridden, and angst riddled - so youth wasn't so good to me.
26 has been a good year for me so far.

I agree. I had no knowledge of picking up women before hand. With exception to random make outs, and the odd lay.

I have noticed this in a select few of my friends also. Most are able to get into relationships, but all failed in the art of picking up chicks routinely.

I believe most men peak between 25-30 for learning how to meet, and pick up lots of chicks.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
26 has been a good year for me so far.

I agree. I had no knowledge of picking up women before hand. With exception to random make outs, and the odd lay.

I have noticed this in a select few of my friends also. Most are able to get into relationships, but all failed in the art of picking up chicks routinely.

I believe most men peak between 25-30 for learning how to meet, and pick up lots of chicks.
Yes!

Stay in shape, dress well, keep your hair.

As your wealth and career success grows you will become even more alluring to the opposite sex.

Many men gain fat in their late 20s and early 30s - so just by keeping in shape and looking decent you suddenly look better than most of your peers.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes!

As your wealth and career success grows you will become even more alluring to the opposite sex.

Many men gain fat in their late 20s and early 30s - so just by keeping in shape and looking decent you suddenly look better than most of your peers.

Rightly said.

I sometimes wonder how much the rest matters when you've lost your hair and are beyond any treatment/hair transplant

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes!

LOL.

That's a good answer, but Shookwun was saying (correct me if I'm wrong, @shookwun), when he was 26
he felt that was his best year.

He's not 26 any more. Let me just say that. (And hopefully, he has excellent years ahead).

shookwun

Reaction score
LOL.

That's a good answer, but Shookwun was saying (correct me if I'm wrong, @shookwun), when he was 26
he felt that was his best year.

He's not 26 any more. Let me just say that. (And hopefully, he has excellent years ahead).
I am 26, turning 27 this year.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
bald is usually associated with intelligence, education, and being hypercivilized though? obviously not attractive however

Ive heard the intelligent one, but never hyper civilized lol. And the only times I really heard of baldness being equated with educated was in VERY old times when it just meant you were "wise" with age. Mostly because 90% of the population died at 30 and never reached full baldness so a bald guy meant some kind of wisdom to still be truckin

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then we have the original badass, Elisha, from the Bible.

2 Kings 2:23-24 (New International Version)

From there, Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. "Get out of here, baldy!" they said. "Get out of here, baldy!" He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.