Is Looking "badass" The Only Option You Have?

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 6'1 and this site has made me think about getting elevator shoes to get me into "really tall territory" lol .I'm sorry OP I kind of get what you're getting at but you're blowing it out of proportion, to fit the negative stereotypes you speak of you'd have to be on a serious weight lifting routine, possibly with gear, and probably throw in tattoos to boot (IMO that would be a very hot look to a lot of women, especially in their late 30's and 40's, but obviously you don't want that). You look like an average bald dude with above average height, it's not a bad thing, my advice would be to just chill. Your problem is with baldness not height, and you're not going to get a sympathetic audience here on the latter.

Last edited:

Baldingat188

Reaction score
I've posted on here before about my insecurity about my hair loss being amplified by my size, so I would like to hear more. I've had others say things like "I'm 5'6" and balding, so for you to be 6'3" and hating how you look..." and while I can appreciate how they feel, I resent that tall/big guys don't have as much "right" to dislike their hair loss.

I don't see my height or size as freakish, but it bothers me that I am not only big, but bald as well. It has made it harder for me to deal with because I see the "big bald badass" archetype as trashy and not what I want to be seen as.

No one is saying you don't have a right to be upset about your hairloss. That's totally normal for men of all heights - that's why this forum exists.

But the way you keep repeating " I hate being a big bald guy" . Well maybe you hate being a bald guy , but stop attaching the big thing to it.

When you go bald you count your blessings for every redeeming feature you have . I will list some

*tall
*tan
*good jawline
*facial hair
*frame
*facial structure
*headshape

You have a redeeming feature for baldness. Appreciate it.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
This kind of reminds me girls/women who say that don't want to lift weights because "it will turn them into muscled monsters." Like LOL, if only it were that easy, I've been lifting since I was 13 and I put on muscle and power incredibly fast compared to most people I know, I was put out of action for 2 years by Levaquin side effects and when I came back I was still benching 225 lbs (102 kilos), since June/July I'm up to 315 lbs (142 kilos) max, but even with all that no one would look at me and describe me as a roid freak. Thanks to inconsistency with my diet/routine I've still got plenty of body fat and even with the muscle I've added I'm no monster. People do notice that I look bigger strong and less fatty but no one would describe me as threatening just due to my body. The "monsters" they and the OP think about are either gym rats who strive to look like that (people who build their whole lives around the gym and their routine) or people who are using crazy regimes (a dirty open secret of the bodybuilding circuit is that they use extreme dehydration to accentuate their muscles in the days before contests) and even drugs to get that look for the movies, it's not something that can ever happen by accident lol

blackg

Reaction score
I can understand the frustration of people who say, "So the answer to losing your hair is to become a perfect person in every other way...."

I try to take a grain of salt with every comment I receive online, since it's pretty easy to take a cheap shot at someone, but it frustrates me that my only option is to embrace my height/size and work out. I understand it's harder for smaller guys, but that doesn't mean every guy who is my height loves it. I have, in the past, listed my height as 6' even to dissuade women who were into big guys, since I would rather not have to limit my dating pool to those who are into 6'3" broad shouldered bald guys. I feel like I'm missing out on anyone with any taste.
Mate, at least you have a dating pool. Some guys here have no such luck

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
On another note, Rahm Emmanuel is a complete joke. That city's politics is a complete joke, as that entire place is ran by thugs. OP, are you a White Sox fan or Cubs fan? My entire family is from Chicago.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever considered a limb-shortening surgery? Joking...

Last edited:

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want to look like a badass but I don't want to date a girl who wants someone who she knows is 6'3" and bald. It's gross and I think I'll only end up with trashy types who can't get anyone better. Being tall is not a good thing;.

I'm the same height as you, nothing at all wrong with being tall!!

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you feel the need to embrace a "Badass" persona? Does it bother you that that's not who you really are?

I'm 6'3". I don't like it. I don't want a woman who loves "how small" I make her feel. I resent the fact that being tall, I have even more pressure to "embrace" my size like it's a plus because I'm bald and so I can pull off the Big Badass look.

I hate being a big bald guy because I think the "badass" image is ghetto. I don't think it's cool to look like a bouncer or a boxer.

Does anyone else feel like they're obligated to adopt a badass image because they're bald?
Sucks how we live in this world that allowed ungrateful fucks like you to have privileges like being tall and then b**ch about being privileged.

You deserve 0 sympathy and i'd be very happy and satisfied to see you transform into a legit midget and still lose your hair.

Your body and height should have been owned by someone else more smart to use them for his own benefit, not ignorant animals like you who shouldn't be treated as humans.

Last edited:

blackg

Reaction score
Sucks how we live in this world that allowed ungrateful fucks like you to have privileges like being tall and then b**ch about being privileged.

You deserve 0 sympathy and i'd be very happy and satisfied to see you transform into a legit midget and still lose your hair.

Your body and height should have been owned by someone else more smart to use them for his own benefit, not ignorant animals like you who shouldn't be treated as humans.
Well you've showed your true colors.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When BDD went too far, lol...

1508753199152533685.jpg

24274773_318677531873632_1828985894284034048_n.jpg

northpole1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you made huge mistake,to had hair transplant at age 19,when u knew,that u will be losing more hairs,later in life.