Irishpride86's Story -(SUCCESS ROGAINE & RU58841,NOW finasteride)

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just came across this, damn Irish I remember you from way back in the day, you use to DM like crazy. your hair looks amazing, full recovery bro, keep it up. I remember you were an RU only user for awhile. With the success you've had, the minoxidil and RU is a nice to have, but I would imagine the finasteride is doing the heavy lifting for you. Probably just a really good responder to finasteride, a lot of guys are.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I just came across this, damn Irish I remember you from way back in the day, you use to DM like crazy. your hair looks amazing, full recovery bro, keep it up. I remember you were an RU only user for awhile. With the success you've had, the minoxidil and RU is a nice to have, but I would imagine the finasteride is doing the heavy lifting for you. Probably just a really good responder to finasteride, a lot of guys are.
You remember that too. LOL. I used to get a PM on HLH almost every minute. Did you post on HLH too?

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m still wondering how much RU played a role here. Or did finasteride/min do 95% of the work

Highly doubt finasteride and minoxidil was responsible for 95% of his success. It was a combination of all 3. He fought his hair loss from all the angles.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Highly doubt finasteride and minoxidil was responsible for 95% of his success. It was a combination of all 3. He fought his hair loss from all the angles.
What makes me say that is the 10 year Italian study on just 1mg of finasteride found 90% of participants regrew or maintained. The 10 year Japanese study found 99.1% of participants maintained or improved. Irish is using minoxidil to soooo….

ive never seen long term studies on ru or heard of anyone being on just ru long term and maintaining. It always seems like people use it in addition or finasteride and/or minoxidil

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty common where someone uses a single treatment with no results, they’ll drop it for another but still no results, then they try them together and voila, the cocktail worked.

Lets say he received only 20% effectiveness from finasteride alone, 20% from minoxidil alone, and 20% from RU alone. Add them together he should get a 60% effective treatment. Add another 20% for treatments working synergistically with eachother. That’s an 80% effective hair loss treatment. I’m not using an exact percentile but you get my point.

However, the biggest factor that worked to his favor was his young age.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty common where someone uses a single treatment with no results, they’ll drop it for another but still no results, then they try them together and voila, the cocktail worked.

Lets say he received only 20% effectiveness from finasteride alone, 20% from minoxidil alone, and 20% from RU alone. Add them together he should get a 60% effective treatment. Add another 20% for treatments working synergistically with eachother. That’s an 80% effective hair loss treatment. I’m not using an exact percentile but you get my point.

However, the biggest factor that worked to his favor was his young age.
Lol What? I think you totally missed my message. If finasteride is effective for at least 90% of people (based on studies) plus add minoxidil into the equation, what makes you think RU is doing anything more?

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
What what what?

Firstly, for you to belive that 90% of the guys here that tried finasteride and it worked for them is mind boggling.

Secondly, even if it was effective for 90% of the people, that does not mean it’s 90% effective.

Thirdly, there are varying degrees to how “effective” something can be. A small effect? A mild effect? Extremely effective? What qualitative value are you putting on their word for “effective”. For some finasteride slows down their hair loss minimally. For some it halts their hair loss. For others it halts their hair loss and achieve regrowth.

According to your logic, if a treatment is “effective” then there should be no further need for adding or using anymore treatments. That’s wrong. One treatment can be somewhat effective, a 2nd treatment can also be somewhat effective, a 3rd treatment again also somewhat effective. Combine them provided they’re combating male pattern baldness from the 3 different angles and you can achieve a “highly” effective and successful outcome. Hence, why I used percentiles as examples.

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like Irish is just a good responder to finasteride, he could probably drop all other treatments and it wouldn’t make a difference. Most people that use RU do t report any results with it.
I’ve used it for a year and it hasn’t done anything.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What what what?

Firstly, for you to belive that 90% of the guys here that tried finasteride and it worked for them is mind boggling.

Secondly, even if it was effective for 90% of the people, that does not mean it’s 90% effective.

Thirdly, there are varying degrees to how “effective” something can be. A small effect? A mild effect? Extremely effective? What qualitative value are you putting on their word for “effective”. For some finasteride slows down their hair loss minimally. For some it halts their hair loss. For others it halts their hair loss and achieve regrowth.

According to your logic, if a treatment is “effective” then there should be no further need for adding or using anymore treatments. That’s wrong. One treatment can be somewhat effective, a 2nd treatment can also be somewhat effective, a 3rd treatment again also somewhat effective. Combine them provided they’re combating male pattern baldness from the 3 different angles and you can achieve a “highly” effective and successful outcome. Hence, why I used percentiles as examples.
Have there been any studies related to synergism? There are also overlapping treatments conceptually where your three 20 percents might only be 25 percent combined when using all three which brings in the cost and and hassle factors. What if treatments are actually working at cross purposes? From what I can tell if a person using finasteride/min/keto has maxed out results, then adding more meds is just putting more things into the body which might still be a tiny bit feminizing. Ideally, treatments are added subsequently so at least one has an idea of what happens at the margin.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What makes me say that is the 10 year Italian study on just 1mg of finasteride found 90% of participants regrew or maintained. The 10 year Japanese study found 99.1% of participants maintained or improved. Irish is using minoxidil to soooo….

ive never seen long term studies on ru or heard of anyone being on just ru long term and maintaining. It always seems like people use it in addition or finasteride and/or minoxidil
link to the Italian study?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What what what?

I can’t believe I’m responding to this right now. We’ve both been on these boards a long time.

So you are saying I shouldn’t believe peer reviewed studies with controls of HUNDREDS of patients? And they’re coming up with almost the same numbers.

the studies are defining effective as “maintaining or improving.”

I don’t understand why you keep explaining synergy of treatments, we all here understand that.

The reality is that finasteride is at least 90% effective (meaning 9 out of 10 people on it) can expect at least to maintain their look or even improve over 10 years

Add in minoxidil (roughly 50-60%) respond to this treatment and gain thicker hair or regrowth and you’re even better. (Synergy ;) )

so if that’s the case…what the hell would RU be doing? Besides putting cash into some random Chinese guys pockets

What does this even mean lol?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Have there been any studies related to synergism? There are also overlapping treatments conceptually where your three 20 percents might only be 25 percent combined when using all three which brings in the cost and and hassle factors. What if treatments are actually working at cross purposes? From what I can tell if a person using finasteride/min/keto has maxed out results, then adding more meds is just putting more things into the body which might still be a tiny bit feminizing. Ideally, treatments are added subsequently so at least one has an idea of what happens at the margin.
Yes there are several on pubmed, search “finasteride minoxidil.” There’s studies showing combined treatments vs stand alone.

Someone that finally gets it! Great way of putting it. Just because each treatment is 20% doesn’t mean three diff treatments combined will be 60%, it may only Bump up just a bit. Synergistic treatments unfortunately aren’t additive even if they have different mechanisms

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t believe I’m responding to this right now. We’ve both been on these boards a long time.

So you are saying I shouldn’t believe peer reviewed studies with controls of HUNDREDS of patients? And they’re coming up with almost the same numbers.

the studies are defining effective as “maintaining or improving.”

I don’t understand why you keep explaining synergy of treatments, we all here understand that.

The reality is that finasteride is at least 90% effective (meaning 9 out of 10 people on it) can expect at least to maintain their look or even improve over 10 years

Add in minoxidil (roughly 50-60%) respond to this treatment and gain thicker hair or regrowth and you’re even better. (Synergy ;) )

so if that’s the case…what the hell would RU be doing? Besides putting cash into some random Chinese guys pockets

What does this even mean lol?
What he means is that, say 90% do get significant results statistically. They might each only improve, say, 33 percent on average.